On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 326 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #4876
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Yeah. But to be fair it was the first time I'd gone into FHM from google. When I looked at a few of the others I thought - WTF - can't be bothered with this. You are right and I should have posted a link straight to a Hang Tough video. But I had it in my mind the link I gave would attract DIAH.
No,I wasn't complaining about the link you chose...just felt like putting in my two cents about FHM.There were a couple gringas who were in Jet's category,looks-wise,but they were short term and only lasted one season,at most,as I recall.Still,the US version of Gladiators had an ultra-sexy event called Breakthrough and Conquer.The Breakthrough portion was fairly common with the Gladiators theme;a competitor had to dodge a Glad and carry a rugby football across a goal line.The Conquer portion had some mouth-watering wrestling where competitors would try to shove the glad out of the ring.The blonde Glad named Siren wasn't too bad-looking in the face,and there was one Conquer event when some cute tiny,afro-American gal,around 5'3" 120,managed to get underneath Siren(5'5",150),wrapped and lifted her up...and then landed RIGHT on top of her while slamming her backfirst on the matted area out of bounds for the victory.If you liked Jet's leg-wrappings,then you'd have really enjoyed THIS event,too

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #4877
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

So what do folks think about movies in 3d?

I'm not a fan of it as it generally doesn't add much to the movie (the 3d effect is often very minor) and makes the movie ticket more expensive.

Not surprisingly I saw my movie last night in 2d.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #4878
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So what do folks think about movies in 3d?

I'm not a fan of it as it generally doesn't add much to the movie (the 3d effect is often very minor) and makes the movie ticket more expensive.

Not surprisingly I saw my movie last night in 2d.
I used to enjoy Count Floyd's Monster Chiller Horror Theater,on SCTV,where the goofballs would move right up against the fixed camera lens in an attempt to imitate 3D effects

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old May 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM   #4879
country flag bruce goose

There's an obese female beagle who lives on my street...she's kind of a useful alert against intruders(as are a few if the other neighborhood dogs),and she has a thing for chasing bike riders,too......so some of the younger kids will make three runs up and down the street,in rapid succession,just to see her get winded

Old May 11th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #4880
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I used to enjoy Count Floyd's Monster Chiller Horror Theater,on SCTV,where the goofballs would move right up against the fixed camera lens in an attempt to imitate 3D effects
I don't think I've ever heard out of that show or SCTV for that matter. What are they?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old May 11th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #4881
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I don't think I've ever heard out of that show or SCTV for that matter. What are they?
SCTV stood for 'Second City TV',IIRC,and it was a Canadian production--if he's not throwing a sissified,passive/aggressive snit at you,you could ask poster MIAH about it--with some VERY talented comedic performers,many of whom you've seen before.I showed you a clip from Count Floyd a long while ago but you just don't remember.Floyd--the vampire who howls like a werewolf,for some reason--is played by actor Joe Flaherty,who had a small bit role in two of the 'Back to the Future' films.As you'll see,it's basically a spoof of low-budget,local TV horror film revues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfEwhV9os-Y
...and this is a particularly good clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SJY6w0HD50

Old May 16th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #4882
country flag Protoss

It kind of bothers me that we've been having outsiders who I don't think are even neutral towards Caro posting in this forum.

Anybody else feel the same way?
Old May 17th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #4883
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
It kind of bothers me that we've been having outsiders who I don't think are even neutral towards Caro posting in this forum.

If they make critical posts about Caroline under the pretense of 'analyzing her game',then I agree with you.If they merely post the match schedule for tomorrow,then it's no big deal to me......Btw,did you watch those two Count Floyd clips that I posted for you??

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #4884
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It depends on what their intentions are for me. I often see Caro haters spying here in the hope of finding material that they can use against Caro or Caro fans at GM. They don't post anything. To them it's just an orgasmic experience to see us and Caro suffer. I find those more annoying than haters who at least have the guts to say something. But the bottom line is that if you hate Caro you shouldn't be here, period. Criticism of fans who have her best interests at heart is different from criticism from people who actually enjoy the fact that she's struggling, even if both are actually saying basically the same things - it comes from a different place. Neutrals posting here doesn't bother me in the least. Never has, never will because they don't have an agenda. I've posted on player forums of players that I'm neutral about myself, so no problem for me.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #4885
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It depends on what their intentions are for me. I often see Caro haters spying here in the hope of finding material that they can use against Caro or Caro fans at GM. They don't post anything. To them it's just an orgasmic experience to see us and Caro suffer. I find those more annoying than haters who at least have the guts to say something. But the bottom line is that if you hate Caro you shouldn't be here, period. Criticism of fans who have her best interests at heart is different from criticism from people who actually enjoy the fact that she's struggling, even if both are actually saying basically the same things - it comes from a different place. Neutrals posting here doesn't bother me in the least. Never has, never will because they don't have an agenda. I've posted on player forums of players that I'm neutral about myself, so no problem for me.
Agree with most of this,except it doesn't bother me if haters lurk here silently;in fact,I never even bother to check on that.People who hate Caro are so pathetic that their approval or disapproval have no value whatsoever.

I'll admit that I silently lurk in Ana's forum sometimes(though I was never banned from there,as I could easily prove to you),but it's only to read posts from my beautiful Brasilian friend,Isabela('Gaviotabr'),who has such an eloquent way of expressing herself(I promised her that I wouldn't share her photo with anyone,so too bad for you!).

Deep down,though,I'm occasionally hoping to read something about the end of Ana's career.If she ever,miraculously,developed an ounce of character or integrity,then I'd applaud her turnaround.....She really IS a lowlife,though;there's a reason why she's drawn to such shallow,sleazy playboys: Cuz she's JUST LIKE THEY ARE.The final straw for me was when the classy Heinz Guenthardt pulled her career out of the toilet in 2010 and saved her millions of euros by keeping her from breaching her Adidas contract with her previous shit-low ranking,and then she showed her gratitude by FIRING him,with a b.s. phony pretext,at season's end.She CLAIMED that it was b/c he couldn't travel with her full-time,but then she didn't even LOOK for a coach for the first 6 months of 2011.It turns out that she was already making overtures at getting back with her scummy ex,Adam Scott,at that point,and Heinz wouldn't have stood for that clown college scene with the bf serving as hitting partner or hanging out for practice sessions.

She's a disgrace to the WTA Tour;a girl who's been pampered her whole life and given loads of God-given talents that she's pissed away.Aside from being a near pathological liar,she's EXTREMELY shallow and,to me,even her token charity work is nothing more than p.r. photo-ops.My best hope is that she'll snort coke with her current bf and then test positive and receive a one-year suspension like Hingis did(before retiring,as a result).That would give Adidas just cause to breach her contract,and then she'd be unable to regain her form after being out for a year.She'd end up her career being exposed as the joke and fraud that she truly is,and she'd be remembered as a fluke and NOT a champion of any sort...a watchword and warning to young female players.Sadly,the WTA enablers would probably squelch the positive drug test,to cover their shame,if it happened.

Old May 17th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #4886
country flag PoliCappuccino

PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of

Quote:
Agree with most of this,except it doesn't bother me if haters lurk here silently;in fact,I never even bother to check on that.People who hate Caro are so pathetic that their approval or disapproval have no value whatsoever.

I'll admit that I silently lurk in Ana's forum sometimes(though I was never banned from there,as I could easily prove to you),but it's only to read posts from my beautiful Brasilian friend,Isabela('Gaviotabr'),who has such an eloquent way of expressing herself(I promised her that I wouldn't share her photo with anyone,so too bad for you!).

Deep down,though,I'm occasionally hoping to read something about the end of Ana's career.If she ever,miraculously,developed an ounce of character or integrity,then I'd applaud her turnaround.....She really IS a lowlife,though;there's a reason why she's drawn to such shallow,sleazy playboys: Cuz she's JUST LIKE THEY ARE.The final straw for me was when the classy Heinz Guenthardt pulled her career out of the toilet in 2010 and saved her millions of euros by keeping her from breaching her Adidas contract with her previous shit-low ranking,and then she showed her gratitude by FIRING him,with a b.s. phony pretext,at season's end.She CLAIMED that it was b/c he couldn't travel with her full-time,but then she didn't even LOOK for a coach for the first 6 months of 2011.It turns out that she was already making overtures at getting back with her scummy ex,Adam Scott,at that point,and Heinz wouldn't have stood for that clown college scene with the bf serving as hitting partner or hanging out for practice sessions.

She's a disgrace to the WTA Tour;a girl who's been pampered her whole life and given loads of God-given talents that she's pissed away.Aside from being a near pathological liar,she's EXTREMELY shallow and,to me,even her token charity work is nothing more than p.r. photo-ops.My best hope is that she'll snort coke with her current bf and then test positive and receive a one-year suspension like Hingis did(before retiring,as a result).That would give Adidas just cause to breach her contract,and then she'd be unable to regain her form after being out for a year.She'd end up her career being exposed as the joke and fraud that she truly is,and she'd be remembered as a fluke and NOT a champion of any sort...a watchword and warning to young female players.Sadly,the WTA enablers would probably squelch the positive drug test,to cover their shame,if it happened.

PoliCappuccino is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #4887
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliCappuccino View Post
Thanks for visiting.Not sure what your intended message was,but the creative effort was certainly appreciated

Old May 17th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #4888
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That seems very unhealthy to me. I mean, really. Why do you care so much? Ivanovic is going to continue making her millions whether you like it or not. Whether the WTA site puts her on it's front page or not. And she's definitely not going to ask for our permission when she wants to jump into bed with someone either. Personally I don't hate any player. None have ever done any harm to me (except for beating my faves perhaps) so there is no reason for me to hate them. But if there would be one that I'd hate as much as you hate Ana Ivanovic I would just ignore her.
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #4889
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
That seems very unhealthy to me. I mean, really. Why do you care so much? Ivanovic is going to continue making her millions whether you like it or not. Whether the WTA site puts her on it's front page or not. And she's definitely not going to ask for our permission when she wants to jump into bed with someone either. Personally I don't hate any player. None have ever done any harm to me (except for beating my faves perhaps) so there is no reason for me to hate them. But if there would be one that I'd hate as much as you hate Ana Ivanovic I would just ignore her.
I know that it LOOKS bad on the surface,but I often have a smile on my face when I'm posting the anti-AI rants.It's most definitely a minor issue in the grand scheme of things,yet I enjoy letting a rant loose,once in a while.

You're correct that she won't let ANYone stop her from slutting around,but she's very immature so don't be so sure that she won't quickly squander her riches when her career is over.The only real issue for me is that she's emblematic of everything bad with the WTA,so seeing her disgraced,while hard-working players succeeded,would be a great message for young players.'Hate' is just a little too strong,it's more like 'complete lack of respect'.Honestly,if her car broke down on one of our remote highways in the north--where nothing's around for miles and miles--I'd take her to the next town and drop her off there

Oh,and aye AM very disappointed that 'TennisFan' didn't give me any info on how to get my UK Bird-purchasing Permit(big cry)

Old May 18th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #4890
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I know that it LOOKS bad on the surface,but I often have a smile on my face when I'm posting the anti-AI rants.It's most definitely a minor issue in the grand scheme of things,yet I enjoy letting a rant loose,once in a while.

You're correct that she won't let ANYone stop her from slutting around,but she's very immature so don't be so sure that she won't quickly squander her riches when her career is over.The only real issue for me is that she's emblematic of everything bad with the WTA,so seeing her disgraced,while hard-working players succeeded,would be a great message for young players.'Hate' is just a little too strong,it's more like 'complete lack of respect'.Honestly,if her car broke down on one of our remote highways in the north--where nothing's around for miles and miles--I'd take her to the next town and drop her off there

Oh,and aye AM very disappointed that 'TennisFan' didn't give me any info on how to get my UK Bird-purchasing Permit(big cry)
If she's been reading some of your posts she'd probably say, "No thanks, I'll walk."
Closed Thread