On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 323 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #4831
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Should this forum have a poster introduction thread for posters to introduce/tell a little bit about themselves? I was wondering about it earlier today. Some other forums have one.
It's a little strange that YOU would bring that up...given that you've refused to even answer posts about which state you lived in or what gender you were.I know a few female stats geeks,but it's rare to find one as deep into it as YOU are,so I'm fairly sure that you're chico and not chica.Feel free to go to that page Burisleif showed you...and then you can tell everyone how your family came over to the U.S. from Europe on a boat,chasing the "American Dream"

....And thanks for the recap,Burisleif

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #4832
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Should this forum have a poster introduction thread for posters to introduce/tell a little bit about themselves? I was wondering about it earlier today. Some other forums have one.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #4833
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Protoss is a women?
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #4834
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
It's a little strange that YOU would bring that up...given that you've refused to even answer posts about which state you lived in or what gender you were.I know a few female stats geeks,but it's rare to find one as deep into it as YOU are,so I'm fairly sure that you're chico and not chica.Feel free to go to that page Burisleif showed you...and then you can tell everyone how your family came over to the U.S. from Europe on a boat,chasing the "American Dream"

....And thanks for the recap,Burisleif
I thought I had mentioned that I was male.

I may very well bump up that thread that Burisleif linked to...

No such interesting story here, at least as far as I'm aware.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #4835
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Few... I almost felt bad about that rep exchange we had once...
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #4836
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
We do have one already...

HERE
Dang...it hasn't been posted in for a very long time.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #4837
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I may very well bump up that thread that Burisleif linked to...
You have NOW...no big deal,though,cuz I was nearly 100% certain.Like I said,it's rare to find women who are such stats geeks.Isabela(Gaviotabr)in the Ana forum is kind of like that,but she's an exception to the rule

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #4838
country flag Jason3beard

Jason3beard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

I don't really have anything to say, I just want to have a peak around the new thread and see how it compares to the others.
Jason3beard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #4839
country flag bruce goose

Now I'm almost CERTAIN that the widow had some workmen caulk the walls with boric acid before she passed away.Have been in this house for around 8 months and still haven't seen one solitary roach inside.Sometimes,I hear the neighborhood kitties arguing(hissing and wauling) on my roof at night,but they haven't been so persistent that they forced me to climb up there to chase them away yet

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:38 AM   #4840
country flag bruce goose

Okay folks,there was a bitchfest about a week ago in Petra's forum where fans sniped back-and-forth on which ATP player was supposedly better...blah,blah,blah...until a mod intervened and ended the nonsense.

Just wondering...for you posters who spend time in MTF.....Do they EVER speak respectfully about the women's game over there?Do they ever go off-topic at length in discussing the WTA??If anyone ever DOES bring up the WTA in forum chat,what is the typical reaction from most posters??.....I'm not curious enough to actually visit cuz I doubt that I'd like or respect most of the folks there

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #4841
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Okay folks,there was a bitchfest about a week ago in Petra's forum where fans sniped back-and-forth on which ATP player was supposedly better...blah,blah,blah...until a mod intervened and ended the nonsense.

Just wondering...for you posters who spend time in MTF.....Do they EVER speak respectfully about the women's game over there?Do they ever go off-topic at length in discussing the WTA??If anyone ever DOES bring up the WTA in forum chat,what is the typical reaction from most posters??.....I'm not curious enough to actually visit cuz I doubt that I'd like or respect most of the folks there
I'm a member of MTF although I rarely visit there and haven't posted more than two or three times there in all the years since I've signed up. The main reason is that MTF is even bitchier than TF. And even at TF I only post (or read) a few players forums anymore. I no longer waste my time anymore on the toddlers at GM. MTF is very much a "my fave is a genius and a great guy while your fave is a nobody and a lowlife" type of forum - much like GM really. There's not much talk about womens tennis at MTF because it isn't allowed, just like discussing the ATP is not allowed at TF. When the topic comes up in things like the never ending debates about equal prize money I don't get the impression that there's much love for womens tennis there, at least not from the majority.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #4842
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go to MTF, there are a few decent people, but with regard to women's tennis, it's an online cesspool of sexist a-holes. Most of the time, they aren't allowed to talk about women's tennis, but when they do it's mostly moaning when a women's match is on CC and the men's matches are relegated to a lower court at joint events. I read one comment that said that women should be paying to play, rather than being given the privilege to earn from playing, at Grand Slams. That said it all for me, really.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #4843
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetkovskán View Post
Don't go to MTF, there are a few decent people, but with regard to women's tennis, it's an online cesspool of sexist a-holes. Most of the time, they aren't allowed to talk about women's tennis, but when they do it's mostly moaning when a women's match is on CC and the men's matches are relegated to a lower court at joint events. I read one comment that said that women should be paying to play, rather than being given the privilege to earn from playing, at Grand Slams. That said it all for me, really.
So, no (pleasant) surprises then. It's sad that they have so little respect for womens tennis. My former flatmate often used to moan about WTA complaining about how many mistakes those silly players make. As if they did not make any in mens. To me it seems that many fans of mens tennis don't even watch womens but just complain for the sake of complaining.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #4844
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I'm a member of MTF although I rarely visit there and haven't posted more than two or three times there in all the years since I've signed up. The main reason is that MTF is even bitchier than TF. And even at TF I only post (or read) a few players forums anymore. I no longer waste my time anymore on the toddlers at GM. MTF is very much a "my fave is a genius and a great guy while your fave is a nobody and a lowlife" type of forum - much like GM really. There's not much talk about womens tennis at MTF because it isn't allowed, just like discussing the ATP is not allowed at TF. When the topic comes up in things like the never ending debates about equal prize money I don't get the impression that there's much love for womens tennis there, at least not from the majority.
Thanks for your input;you're sort of a forgiving person,not the kind who would usually judge harshly,so your criticism carries some weight.

Thanks to the other two posters who commented,too....

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #4845
country flag bruce goose

Okay,I began feeling slightly queasy while sitting on the throne about 2 hours ago,and was thankful to not have one of those rare,awkward moments when your body wants to defecate and vomit simultaneously.

As a rule,I don't vomit if I haven't done so within 6 hours of the onset of queasiness,so we'll see how this plays out...and if sleep will be possible.......I promise not to come up with any posts that detail the consistency or shape of the puke,IF it comes forth.When I was a young child,the variety in cloud formations fascinated me...even those of bowel movements,sometimes...yet vomit never had any similar appeal to me

Closed Thread