On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 313 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:47 PM   #4681
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
People that understand poo tend to live longer.
Maybe, but still, that's wellness taken too far. Anyway, such present definitely beats classics such as socks or slippers.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM   #4682
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Well,unlike women,I don't need a collection of footwear,but I wear my slippers even when I'm walking a block or two from my house so,if they wore out,I'd definitely appreciate replacements as a gift.Also,my feet are rather large,so they naturally put lots of wear-and-tear on socks,necessitating more of them at various intervals.

As for the book,a black American once told me that he'd heard from his mom that people who check out their bowel movements,after eliminating,have larceny in their hearts.Unfortunately,the limited space in the toilet bowl controls the dispersement of bowels and prevents us from seeing the sort of great shapes we can admire when gazing at clouds

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:16 PM   #4683
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,unlike women,I don't need a collection of footwear,but I wear my slippers even when I'm walking a block or two from my house so,if they wore out,I'd definitely appreciate replacements as a gift.Also,my feet are rather large,so they naturally put lots of wear-and-tear on socks,necessitating more of them at various intervals.

As for the book,a black American once told me that he'd heard from his mom that people who check out their bowel movements,after eliminating,have larceny in their hearts.Unfortunately,the limited space in the toilet bowl controls the dispersement of bowels and prevents us from seeing the sort of great shapes we can admire when gazing at clouds
Slipers are for Nora Batty?

Large feet as in Frodo?

The china in your Loo reflects your culture, with some designed to hide your sins and others designed to put them on full display. A philosipher could put a strong case for the link between the admiration of poo and prosperity, being that a genuine correlation exists with the openness of of bathroom china.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:30 PM   #4684
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Slipers are for Nora Batty?

Large feet as in Frodo?

The china in your Loo reflects your culture, with some designed to hide your sins and others designed to put them on full display. A philosipher could put a strong case for the link between the admiration of poo and prosperity, being that a genuine correlation exists with the openness of of bathroom china.
Wow,this is some pretty deep stuff...haven't met Frodo so can't comment on where I stand compared with him,but I can tell you that it's not a given that shoe stores will have anything that fits me when I walk in.Occasionally,I must special order them,though the store usually has a small selection in their very largest size that will fit me.My younger brother is two sizes larger and must get EVERY pair via special order.

I'm not sure how your bathroom/loo can put sins on FULL display unless you allow the general public free access to relieve themselves in your house.Perhaps that was a courtesy in days of yore,but that's a tradition that most folks were probably happy to depart from

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM   #4685
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow,this is some pretty deep stuff...haven't met Frodo so can't comment on where I stand compared with him,but I can tell you that it's not a given that shoe stores will have anything that fits me when I walk in.Occasionally,I must special order them,though the store usually has a small selection in their very largest size that will fit me.My younger brother is two sizes larger and must get EVERY pair via special order.
Obviously I was using the hobit as a metaphor...

Are you particularly tall also, or do you mean large relative to your height. Unless the size of your feet is disproportionate, I don't see the irony.

Quote:
I'm not sure how your bathroom/loo can put sins on FULL display unless you allow the general public free access to relieve themselves in your house.Perhaps that was a courtesy in days of yore,but that's a tradition that most folks were probably happy to depart from
Think more theologically.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:56 PM   #4686
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Obviously I was using the hobit as a metaphor...

Are you particularly tall also, or do you mean large relative to your height. Unless the size of your feet is disproportionate, I don't see the irony.

Think more theologically.
I think that I've caught your drift with the second part.To answer your question,I'm about 1.9 meters(1.93,to be more precise)...which isn't gigantic but,as you hinted at,normally goes hand-in-hand with having larger feet.The amusing reaction comes from the female sales clerks at the shoe stores who,upon seeing your feet,assume that EVERYthing is large...which isn't necessarily the case with all men who have big feet

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #4687
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I forget who the Last Exorcism fan in here was but I saw that they're making a Last Exorcism Part 2.

Meanwhile I'm looking for a movie to go see.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #4688
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I forget who the Last Exorcism fan in here was but I saw that they're making a Last Exorcism Part 2.

Meanwhile I'm looking for a movie to go see.
You could go see 'Pot of Onions',but it might bring you to tears.There's another film that won't be released for several months;however,there'll be a behind-the-scenes expose' on the Hollywood Channel.It's called,'Star Wars 48:Battle of the Catheter-wearing,Arthritic Lightsaber Warriors'.....it should be a real hit with the young people

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #4689
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You could go see 'Pot of Onions',but it might bring you to tears.There's another film that won't be released for several months;however,there'll be a behind-the-scenes expose' on the Hollywood Channel.It's called,'Star Wars 48:Battle of the Catheter-wearing,Arthritic Lightsaber Warriors'.....it should be a real hit with the young people
Argh...I wanted to good rep you but it wouldn't let me.

That's pretty funny.

I ended up seeing up The Last Stand. I thought it was pretty good.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 27th, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #4690
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Argh...I wanted to good rep you but it wouldn't let me.

That's pretty funny.

I ended up seeing up The Last Stand. I thought it was pretty good.
You're so easygoing that I know you won't get upset over the great majority of my smart-ass comments.

The Abraham Lincoln movie was a good story that even people who don't care for the U.S. at all can appreciate.I also saw the Naomi Watts/Ewan MacGregor(or does he spell it 'Mc',without the 'A'?) film,'The Impossible'.It's a touching movie that's based on a true story,and it was very different for me to see ladies' man MacGregor in a humbler role as a grieving father in distress

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #4691
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to watch a Danish movie 'King's affair'. Hope it's going to be good, I really like historical movies and costume dramas and it's been a while since I've seen a good one.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #4692
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I'm going to watch a Danish movie 'King's affair'. Hope it's going to be good, I really like historical movies and costume dramas and it's been a while since I've seen a good one.
do you mean 'A Royal Afair'?
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #4693
marineblue

Quote:
do you mean 'A Royal Afair'?
Yes, I guess that would be the right name. Having seen it now I can say it was worth my while. Really interesting story although with a sad ending. Have you seen it?
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #4694
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yes, I guess that would be the right name. Having seen it now I can say it was worth my while. Really interesting story although with a sad ending. Have you seen it?
Yes. Alas I found the political bias, historical inaccuracy, and overly positive portrayal of the heroic reformist couple a little distracting. The truth is a lot more complicated and sinister.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #4695
country flag Protoss

Quote:
You're so easygoing that I know you won't get upset over the great majority of my smart-ass comments.

The Abraham Lincoln movie was a good story that even people who don't care for the U.S. at all can appreciate.I also saw the Naomi Watts/Ewan MacGregor(or does he spell it 'Mc',without the 'A'?) film,'The Impossible'.It's a touching movie that's based on a true story,and it was very different for me to see ladies' man MacGregor in a humbler role as a grieving father in distress
I'm pretty sure that there are some people I know who would disagree about me being that easygoing.

I just looked it up and it's McGregor.

Those are two movies that I want to see at some point.

Naomi Watts is one of my favorite actresses.
Closed Thread