On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2011, 03:26 AM   #31
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
I just looked it up to see (on her official website) and nope - no injury was reported. Makarova just wiped the court with her

“I thought it was tough match,” said Ana. “She played extremely well. She didn't give me much.

“I really tried my best out there today. A few points here and there decided it. And I created enough chances for myself in that second set in particular, but couldn't convert them.

“It was just a little bit of footwork lacking towards the end of that third set and that was pretty much what decided it.”

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/makarova-stuns-ana
Hmm, she did withdraw from the Hopman Cup due to an abdominal strain:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/inju...cup-withdrawal

then she played Australia and lost early. After that she withdrew from Doha due to the abdominal injury:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/doha-withdrawal

It seems possible that she may not have been at 100% for that loss to Makarova.

Where is Bruce-Goose? He is the resident Ivanovic expert.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2011, 06:04 AM   #32
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Hmm, she did withdraw from the Hopman Cup due to an abdominal strain:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/inju...cup-withdrawal

then she played Australia and lost early. After that she withdrew from Doha due to the abdominal injury:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/doha-withdrawal

It seems possible that she may not have been at 100% for that loss to Makarova.

Where is Bruce-Goose? He is the resident Ivanovic expert.
That's a very generous description from you,thanks...was with my gf,actually,as weekends are our only hours together.Ana admitted that she wasn't injured for the Makarova match--she only offered that her match stamina was weak from lack of play.

On a broader level,the Ana-haters are off base when they accuse her of being a complete phony...or say that she fist pumps in order to annoy or disrespect her opponents....She has some genuinely-nice,likable qualities

....On the other hand,many of her fans are WAYYYY off track when they portray Ana as some sugar-sweet,pristine,virginal type.Some of her indiscretions are obvious to anyone with an iota of common sense...and she also has a very shallow side to her personality and can be extremely self-absorbed in her own little make-believe world.A few coaches have been punished(fired) for daring to be her messenger of bad news...and she appears to be almost completely lacking in deeper wisdom,partly due to her ice-cream-purchaser parents who didn't feel that teaching values or life principles was part of their responsibility.

In contrast,even a few moderate haters--the ones who only loathe her playing style--are impressed with how well Caro has handled the pressure of being #1...and with the character that she has demonstrated.....FARRRRR superior to what the Serb gal showed.Seriously,if the two were in a room together and you didn't know their ages,would you ever guess that Caro was the one almost 3 years younger???

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #33
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's psycho-fan is in Indian Wells!

@CaroWozniacki After over=comming the systems onslaughts, I was fine as always regardless, to see carols tennis match!
@CaroWozniacki I was sure waiting for some contact with you carol that your adidas friends [doggies?] were around me out of the blue!
@CaroWozniacki If this is your minimum "honor" to me. I do not want anything to do with you! As these guys seemed very strange to me!
@CaroWozniacki I asked them if they were Adidas and the so called Mats ? Your other smaller adidas guys sad no...! At least !
@CaroWozniacki If I am wrong then they sure did not give me a first savy impression! If I m right! YOU ARE ALL DEPLORABLE PIECES OF SHIT !
@CaroWozniacki As to the behaviour of the police, BNP paribas officials, all the folk, the shit scum bykies, you all are ancient minds!
@CaroWozniacki Particularly you made my holiday a hell, and i hope you all are rubished shitless!
@CaroWozniacki I really thought dexterity and sports came with some intelligence! And it seems that you all are brainwashed to be stupid!
@CaroWozniacki For somebody to not value what is value, makes you of no value!

He seems angry I wonder what happened there...

http://twitter.com/#!/RulesOfThought

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #34
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

On the concept of irony; Caro lost the GM poll before the Stephens match!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post

@CaroWozniacki After over=comming the systems onslaughts, I was fine as always regardless, to see carols tennis match!
@CaroWozniacki I was sure waiting for some contact with you carol that your adidas friends [doggies?] were around me out of the blue!
@CaroWozniacki If this is your minimum "honor" to me. I do not want anything to do with you! As these guys seemed very strange to me!
@CaroWozniacki I asked them if they were Adidas and the so called Mats ? Your other smaller adidas guys sad no...! At least !
@CaroWozniacki If I am wrong then they sure did not give me a first savy impression! If I m right! YOU ARE ALL DEPLORABLE PIECES OF SHIT !
@CaroWozniacki As to the behaviour of the police, BNP paribas officials, all the folk, the shit scum bykies, you all are ancient minds!
@CaroWozniacki Particularly you made my holiday a hell, and i hope you all are rubished shitless!
@CaroWozniacki I really thought dexterity and sports came with some intelligence! And it seems that you all are brainwashed to be stupid!

Sounds like a Günther Parche in the making! Take care of yourself, Caro!
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #35
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
On a broader level,the Ana-haters are off base when they accuse her of being a complete phony...or say that she fist pumps in order to annoy or disrespect her opponents....She has some genuinely-nice,likable qualities
Well with you being an Ana fan here I might as well clear the air with my views on Ana and my other favs and their fans. I don't want to get into an argument but just state my view. There's really only a couple of things I don't like what she does.

And yes - the over the top fist pump in your face is one of them. No I don't think she does it deliberately to annoy players but I do think it's very annoying to other players - not just JJ. Sam Smith thinks that as well. So when I say I loved JJ's fist pump impersonation to her camp at the end of her match last year (and not at Ana) - that really made the Ana fans hate me. Pretty much anyone who thinks that Ana's fist pumps are not annoying to anyone other than JJ and who actually doesn't call JJ classless is a hypocrite according to them.

The other thing is Fed Cup. Not too happy with Ana on this. It's the one time when she's playing I really root for her and I once even posted in her player's forum wanting her to do well. All my favs - it means so much to play for thir country to them. And all my favs have been left on their own although with Caro it's not that there is another top player who has pulled outsnd decided they don't want to play. I'd have really loved to see both Ana and JJ doing well at FC. So no. I'm not happy with Ana when she pulls out or doesn't seemingly try. Yes JJ did it this time as well - but this was the exception.

Apart from that and the Montreal incident (where I can see both her point of view and the Montreal tournament director's) - I won't be a fan of hers but I really don't say anything. I certainly don't go in her results threads.

The only other thing on Ana herself is that if JJ plays Ana and wallops her - that would give me lots of pleasure but if Ana should beat JJ - that would hurt. Very few posters are fans of both Ana and JJ. There are one ot two - but not many.

Oh and my favourite Ana fan is Cp6uja (apart from you). Defends Ana to the death, and not the best of English. Sometimes digs himself in a hole and refuses to let it go and gets into pointless arguments But I really like him.

On my favs fans:

JJ fans - well some of them are really sad the way they try to make fun of Caro and bash her. They think JJ will trash Caro. One highly respected JJ fan last year who posted a lot and was so overly critical of JJ last year that he doesn't post any more stated JJ didn't have a chance against Caro and they were silent for a bit because that poster was respected. But when JJ was playing Caro at Dubai - they were really cocky going on about how she was crushing the pusher. Of course their joy turned to horror when Caro actually won the 1st set and the match. And of course then they were going on about JJ choked. Nothing to do with how Caro played.

Some Kim's fans on GM have no respect for Caro. It's all Kim and Caro is nowhere. Only reason the pusher is up there is that she plays a lot. Kim's fans in her forum (although I don't go there much now) do have a lot of respect for Caro though.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #36
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the fist pumps and ajde's from Ana do kind of drive me nuts. I could be wrong but it seems like once she went into her slump she started doing them much more often, she has stretches in matches where she does it after nearly every point she wins! Generally, I think that when she does it a lot that means she has very low confidence and will probably lose the match.

Kviotova's "yelps" after she wins a point also are very annoying. They don't appear to be related to her hitting shots, she just gets excited after she wins points and lets out a little yelp/screech.

To be fair I also don't like Caroline's "come on" and fist pump when she gets a point from an unforced error. I did get a tiny bit (very tiny) of grief from some Caroline fans for saying as much but if I think it's wrong when Ana does her fist pumps it would be hypocritical of me not to think the same when Caroline does her "come on." In both cases I wouldn't mind if it was off a great shot or a crucial point to win a game but when it's 15-0 I think it's a little unnecessary to show too much emotion.

Old Mar 13th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #37
country flag DownInAHole

That twitter "fan" does seem very overzealous. Anytime someone is writing stuff that seems like gibberish it is cause for concern. I have no idea what the security is like at Indian Wells but one would hope that after what happened to Monica that proper precautions are being taken and Caroline is safe. Hopefully there is someone on Caroline's team that is monitoring the situation and looking out for this individual. From those tweets it seems like there may have been some kind of confrontation so she is probably in no danger.

Old Mar 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #38
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 100% sure this twitter weirdo had another similar account before. I have read several weird comments exactly like this last month. First this other account was "stalking" some other semi-celebrity, an actress IIRC and then started tweeting all kind of weird messages to Caro instead.
The avatar looks very similar to that other account which probably got banned by Caro.

Quote:

He was angry and very weird before IW too. His other account was exactly the same, constantly tweeting weird and nasty things to Caro and before that that actress.

Last edited by stangtennis : Mar 13th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #39
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

"She is a mix of glamor, happiness and everything we could wish for. We're very lucky, and Denmark are very fortunate country to have a player like her," says Laura Ceccarelli, supervisor of the WTA.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/tennis/article...8nske-sig.html
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #40
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Quote:

Its just as creepy we follow Caro`s every move and discuss her in this forum. We are all stalking her.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #41
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
Its just as creepy we follow Caro`s every move and discuss her in this forum. We are all stalking her.
I like to think that we are avid followers. Those tweets look like they came from an obsessed fanatic. Surely you can see the difference?

If my posts ever start to resemble those tweets someone please let me know!

Old Mar 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #42
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have no idea what the security is like at Indian Wells but one would hope that after what happened to Monica that proper precautions are being taken and Caroline is safe. Hopefully there is someone on Caroline's team that is monitoring the situation and looking out for this individual.
I hope too! Cause we all know that type of obsession can lead to dangerous consequences. So hopefully she's safe!
Quote:
I like to think that we are avid followers. Those tweets look like they came from an obsessed fanatic. Surely you can see the difference?

This!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #43
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
On the concept of irony; Caro lost the GM poll before the Stephens match!

Sounds like a Günther Parche in the making! Take care of yourself, Caro!
Considering the only person following 'Rulesofthough' is Caro, one hopefully assumes that she and her team are aware of the guy, and that Twitter, the WTA, etc are in full swing with dealing with him?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #44
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

TF need to take note... Its one thing for her fans following her every move (slightly creepy if it involves what she deems private)... What excuse do her TF haters have? Irrational devotion to any celebrity can seemingly turn to hate for another if only because your chosen favourite is under performing... That is neither normal nor human nature.

"needs to be more aggressive" a universal solution to all problems in the minds of some.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #45
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
TF need to take note... Its one thing for her fans following her every move (slightly creepy if it involves what she deems private)... What excuse do her TF haters have? Irrational devotion to any celebrity can seemingly turn to hate for another if only because your chosen favourite is under performing... That is neither normal nor human nature.

"needs to be more aggressive" a universal solution to all problems in the minds of some.
Hmmmmm contrary I am of the opinion it is very normal and human nature. I also have 1,000s of years of human history to back me up

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread