On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 297 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #4441
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Well, I didn't say that was true or that I think that but there is certainly a perception that Canada is like a little brother to America. The countries are very similar in their culture (for example we share a common language and are both descended from the United Kingdom) but America tends to do things on a much larger scale.

Bruce, I think you may have inadvertently offended some of the Americans that are regular posters here.
First of all,DIAH,I'm fairly sure that Protoss is a transplant like Natalie Schiller;though Protoss doesn't like to reveal details about him/herself,and speaks English very very well,he/she occasionally makes the sort of small grammar errors that you find from intelligent folks for whom English wasn't their native tongue.As for 'Trey',I'm almost positive that he is black-American so,as you probably know from the history books,he'd have an excellent perspective on all the vile things that've been done by the U.S. gov. and culture to peoples who didn't belong to the predominate social classes.I'm not aware of any other regular posters who are relevant to your concerns

You were very kind to assert that the cultures were similar---and I doubt that the pinche gringos would return that kindness to you.From what I've learned,Canada hasn't built an empire based on bullying and raping other,militarily-weaker countries.On the contrary,Canada gave their indigenous peoples their own autonomous gov't in Nunavut.In my PERSONAL experience,Canadians aren't the greedy,materialistic types who'd sell a younger sibling to slave traders to get money to buy a sports car.Yes,stereotypes can be dangerous,but they're sometimes based heavily in truth...and I don't know ANY other culture that has such a negative perception for kiddie-pool-shallow avarice as the U.S. does

EDIT: Forgot about 'Jade Fox' in re the regular posters you referred to...cuz she doesn't post nearly as often as some of us others,but she certainly shows herself to be a well-educated person,so I doubt that she'd argue with the facts of history

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)

Last edited by bruce goose : Aug 26th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #4442
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...in-search.html

I cannot spin this is any way to become tennis related .. but this 'Lion loose in Essex' story .. .. However, some of the comments are simply great :

" A lion in Essex...? It's probably just a Golden Retriever with a fake tan and hair extensions.. "

EDIT : Oh this is really disappointing. The 'lion' search has been called off ... What a shame. Maybe the involved 30 police officers, marksmen and two helicopters could continue the search up in Scotland?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Aug 27th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #4443
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...in-search.html

I cannot spin this is any way to become tennis related .. but this 'Lion loose in Essex' story .. .. However, some of the comments are simply great :

" A lion in Essex...? It's probably just a Golden Retriever with a fake tan and hair extensions.. "

EDIT : Oh this is really disappointing. The 'lion' search has been called off ... What a shame. Maybe the involved 30 police officers, marksmen and two helicopters could continue the search up in Scotland?
This next one is a TRUE story: Was driving along a country road en route to a veterinary clinic where I delivered the payroll.This was in the U.S. state called Maryland that's just north of Washington,D.C.(Virginia is to the south).Suddenly,I saw a mountain lion(a.k.a. cougar,puma and a few colloquial terms) run across the road.For a few moments,I questioned my sanity b/c mountain lions had long since been hunted out of that area(you can find them more plentifully as you head south and westward from there).However,my eyes couldn't have been lying to me cuz I caught a GOOD look at the animal....When I arrived at the vet clinic,I risked ridicule by asking one of the nurses if mountain lions ever straggled up hundreds of miles,and she explained that wealthier marijuana farmers uses them as 'guard dogs' and that the one I saw must have escaped from its chain.Of course,it's illegal to have a mountain lion as a pet in MOST states in the U.S. but,the owner was a marijuana farmer,so wtf would you expect???

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #4444
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ I can believe that. I also saw 'The Hangover', so I know that Mike Tyson keeps a pet tiger in his house in Vegas ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #4445
country flag TennisFan66

The picture which sparked the hunt for the 'Essex Lion' ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 03:50 AM   #4446
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
First of all,DIAH,I'm fairly sure that Protoss is a transplant like Natalie Schiller;though Protoss doesn't like to reveal details about him/herself,and speaks English very very well,he/she occasionally makes the sort of small grammar errors that you find from intelligent folks for whom English wasn't their native tongue.As for 'Trey',I'm almost positive that he is black-American so,as you probably know from the history books,he'd have an excellent perspective on all the vile things that've been done by the U.S. gov. and culture to peoples who didn't belong to the predominate social classes.I'm not aware of any other regular posters who are relevant to your concerns

You were very kind to assert that the cultures were similar---and I doubt that the pinche gringos would return that kindness to you.From what I've learned,Canada hasn't built an empire based on bullying and raping other,militarily-weaker countries.On the contrary,Canada gave their indigenous peoples their own autonomous gov't in Nunavut.In my PERSONAL experience,Canadians aren't the greedy,materialistic types who'd sell a younger sibling to slave traders to get money to buy a sports car.Yes,stereotypes can be dangerous,but they're sometimes based heavily in truth...and I don't know ANY other culture that has such a negative perception for kiddie-pool-shallow avarice as the U.S. does

EDIT: Forgot about 'Jade Fox' in re the regular posters you referred to...cuz she doesn't post nearly as often as some of us others,but she certainly shows herself to be a well-educated person,so I doubt that she'd argue with the facts of history
A transplant? Heh. Nope, I was born in the US.

I don't pay a lot of attention to grammar on here but whether to use a comma does sometimes confuse me.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #4447
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I saw The Expendibles 2 this weekend. I thought it was pretty good.

My favorite movie I've seen this year is the Dark Knight Rises.

Last edited by Protoss : Aug 28th, 2012 at 04:53 AM.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 04:51 AM   #4448
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
A transplant? Heh. Nope, I was born in the US.

I don't pay a lot of attention to grammar on here but whether to use a comma does sometimes confuse me.
Well,I just can't believe you talked about yourself;previously,you wouldn't even answer another poster who asked if you were male or female

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #4449
country flag bruce goose

Am a little disappointed that Kim couldn't end her career with a more remarkable result,but that's tempered by the fact that I and the rest of the world can see how much Kim loves motherhood

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4450
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I suck at betting! From now on I will only bet on Caro matches, of course I'll bet on her losing! It's almost a win-win situation, if she loses I'll make some cash, if I lose money, that will mean Caro's won() a match!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 04:47 AM   #4451
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I suck at betting! From now on I will only bet on Caro matches, of course I'll bet on her losing! It's almost a win-win situation, if she loses I'll make some cash, if I lose money, that will mean Caro's won() a match!
This is a wacko post yet,for some reason,I totally relate to it

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #4452
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

So if Errani says she WILL stop working with Del Moral, yet he is banned for life with a life ban for anyone working with him.... Why is she she still playing?
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #4453
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
So if Errani says she WILL stop working with Del Moral, yet he is banned for life with a life ban for anyone working with him.... Why is she she still playing?
If she HAS cheated,then it hasn't been effective enough to win her even ONE Premier singles title,so perhaps there's some poetic justice in that

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #4454
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Oh,so Sarita wasn't a genuine David-beat-Goliath story?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #4455
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If she HAS cheated,then it hasn't been effective enough to win her even ONE Premier singles title,so perhaps there's some poetic justice in that
I'm just curious why it seems so casual a descicion...
Closed Thread