On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 294 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #4396
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
THAT'S not very honest of you;you're not getting criticized NOW,merely reminded that the REAL reason for the flak you got was the endless blabbing done by you and Protoss for certain events.You'll notice that I practically NEVER bring up the NFL here since I know that no one shares my interest in it...even though this thread permits such digressions.......And,to silence your whining,the most damning piece of evidence is that there's an ideal place for you to chat about the ATP withOUT limit...and even YOU can spell M....T....F
You're not the only Nfl fan here, Bruce. You should talk about it more often.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #4397
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
You're not the only Nfl fan here, Bruce. You should talk about it more often.
Thanks for the invitation,but I'm not sure that the EUROPEAN Futbol fans will be so welcoming

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #4398
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the invitation,but I'm not sure that the EUROPEAN Futbol fans will be so welcoming
I think that if you can find at least one other person that wishes to discuss the NFL then that is fine. If it is just one person discussing something with themselves and no one else shows any interest in it then you probably should stop.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #4399
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My other plank is more personal,tbh;I see how chauvinistic and disrespectful many ATP fans are towards the WTA,and I've rarely caught the criticism swinging back the other way...not nearly as harshly,either.
That's hardly the case for the ATP fans that post here though. Personally I like both the WTA and the ATP and if fans of either prefer to bitch about the other instead of to enjoy it that's their problem. It's a bit like the "Sharapova fans hate Caroline therefore I hate Sharapova" way of thinking. First of all that's a gross generalization and second however fans behave has zero impact on how I feel about the player they support.

As for you posting about the NFL - go ahead. I'm not a fan, but I'm not a big fan of European Football either. I try to force myself to watch at least one match every week since there are more than 10 sports channels on the telly to which I have a subscription and half of them feature soccer 24/7.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #4400
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Eh i like Roger well enough but I feel like rooting for him to win another title is like rooting for a billionaire to make another million you know?
I know what you mean. But Djokovic and Nadal are also winning a lot so I really don't mind them sharing it out between them. But if he plays Murray - exactly. It's just being greedy to want Fed to win. I would always want Murray to win.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 02:33 AM   #4401
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone would think it was illegal to start a thread in this section... If they want an ATP thread then grow some balls and start one... Same with NFL, or any other irrelevant topic.

You all can say what you like, but when the suggestion to start this thread was made to the OP it was to avoid off court Caroline related talk clogging up the main tennis thread.

It's frankly hysterical to see posters scrambling to write with authority on entitlement, usage and ownership...

Read the damn thread tittle... If you don't get the meaning try asking the guy who came up with it...

Here Alphajim... chew on that Mr knowitall.

Last edited by Burisleif : Aug 21st, 2012 at 02:45 AM.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 03:59 AM   #4402
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I had a bit of an embarassing moment earlier. I was talking to someone and said I saw thunder.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 05:28 AM   #4403
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I had a bit of an embarassing moment earlier. I was talking to someone and said I saw thunder.
Cymaticaly speaking that's more than posible
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM   #4404
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up this morning to see 5 dead or nearly-dead roaches lying on their backs in my shower,so that's an encouragement to all of you to pour out the bucket into your shower drain when you're finished cleaning....assuming you use bleach,of course

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM   #4405
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

A big congrats to all the Canadians here, you must be very happy!
http://www.toofab.com/2012/08/21/avr...oeger-engaged/
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:57 AM   #4406
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I'm supposed to keep this under my hat but they are putting me front and centre on the head float during the big parade. For us canucks this is like the union of William and Kate and the whole country is taking the day off to share in this wondrous occasion.

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:01 PM   #4407
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Vika is crying now?

I have to admit that I like some of her songs but I saw a few interviews with her and she seems to be a rude and arrogant airhead. That dude obviously likes high-maintenance girls.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM   #4408
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I am just so annoyed. The WiFi where I'm staying is just crap. So I go down to Weatherspoons where it's good so I can follow Caro's match and I bought myself a pint. Lo and behold - no connection to the Cloud and I can't get on the Internet. For ssome inexplicable reason the staff can't reset the router and I had to constantly keep chasing them as to what's happened and what have they done. I asked them to reboot the router and they said hey couldn't do that because it was connected to the tills and Oh so difficult!

The sole reason for me buying a drink was so I coud stay there and get on the internet and follow Caro. I am so annoyed. I told them I would never have bought a drink if it the wi-fi they advertise wasn't available.

I think next week - I'm going there again and plonking myself at a table and not buying a drink or anything but just to use the internet. Hopefully there will be no problems. But if anyone comes up to me and says anything - I'll tell them that I bought drink this week which I wouldn't have done if there was no internet when the Wi Fi they advertise wasn't available. I think they owe me that.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:04 PM   #4409
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I am just so annoyed. The WiFi where I'm staying is just crap. So I go down to Weatherspoons where it's good so I can follow Caro's match and I bought myself a pint. Lo and behold - no connection to the Cloud and I can't get on the Internet. For ssome inexplicable reason the staff can't reset the router and I had to constantly keep chasing them as to what's happened and what have they done. I asked them to reboot the router and they said hey couldn't do that because it was connected to the tills and Oh so difficult!

The sole reason for me buying a drink was so I coud stay there and get on the internet and follow Caro. I am so annoyed. I told them I would never have bought a drink if it the wi-fi they advertise wasn't available.

I think next week - I'm going there again and plonking myself at a table and not buying a drink or anything but just to use the internet. Hopefully there will be no problems. But if anyone comes up to me and says anything - I'll tell them that I bought drink this week which I wouldn't have done if there was no internet when the Wi Fi they advertise wasn't available. I think they owe me that.
Today's lesson: never cross terjw.

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:37 PM   #4410
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I am probably a tad older than the average Avril fan, but I've liked her for maaaaaany years. So that's my excuse. The girl rocks!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread