On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 293 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4381
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
+1 ...

We all have different ways to express ourselves and I personally didn't see any comments crossing any line.

However, I was bed repped myself. For suggesting that if Caroline didn't want to take her tennis serious, it is time to retire and play golfing WAG. *shock and horror* but I stick to that comment. You can't get a little bit pregnant and you can't be a top tennis player, if you don't give 100% on and off the court. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I did then bad rap back, which was juvenile. *Puts hand up*.
Personally, I consider bad rapping and attacking fellow fans to be an absolute no-go, if there ever was any sort of agreement this should be in it.

My Tennis Photography - Flickr
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #4382
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Please keep it civil, guys. Disagree all you want, just remember you're in a Caro sub forum and should try to be as nice to each other as possible.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #4383
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Even in these hard times - this is the best players forum I have known. Obviously, between individual things have flared up with people even being called trolls. That's inevitable. But this hasn't destroyed what is a great players forum and collectively there is no desire for anyone here to be thought of as a troll or not welclome and not a genuine part of this forum. I don't think anyone here as a bad Caro fan or a troll and not very much part of being here although there will be views expressed which there will be completely opposite points of view.

Yep there's always posters in players forums who will support their player to the hilt and regard those posters that complain as "bad" fans. And on the other side - posters that are critical and complain of posters trying to gag "realistic" criticism and discussion other than blind praise. I've seen it in player's forums where one side has gained the upper hand collectively and marginalised the other group making them outcasts and I hope that never ever happens here. If that ever happened - that is when I'd consider this not to be a nice place to be. And would the side that "won" really want that.

I'm sure we've all been upset at some time by something someone has posted in this forum. But that doesn't alter that I think we are a great bunch here - well so far anyway.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4384
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's pretty cool that you can get match stats (1st serve %, bps converted, etc) by surface over at the Atp's website. The Wta's website only gives match stats for all surfaces together and it only gives the top 10 in each category. I find that 10 players only rather annoying.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #4385
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

DANG!This was like a Twilight Zone episode: All that fighting and AYE had nothing to do with it

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #4386
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

...and Roger wins another masters 1000 in Cincinnati beating Djokovic 6-0/7-6. That's his third masters 1000 of the year and his fifth title in Cincinnati.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #4387
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad that someone else mentioned this, I tend to get yelled at when I bring up the ATP.

I didn't see the first set but that was quite a shellacking. Good to see Roger bounce back after Murray beat him like a red headed step child at the Olympics. Things looked a bit patchy during the tiebreak but he came up with big serves to bail himself out and get the win. It seems unlikely but there is a chance that Roger can finish the year as number one. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #4388
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Eh i like Roger well enough but I feel like rooting for him to win another title is like rooting for a billionaire to make another million you know?

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #4389
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Eh i like Roger well enough but I feel like rooting for him to win another title is like rooting for a billionaire to make another million you know?
But he's a tired old man and between Djokovic, Nadal and Murray (at the Masters 1000 events) he hasn't been winning like he was at his peak. I would like for him to put as much distance as possible between himself and Sampras as far as weeks at number one are concerned. It would really be great if he could somehow finish this year at number one and tie Sampras for most year end number one rankings.

Besides, billionaires need that extra million to but themselves a new ivory back scratcher.

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #4390
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Every time he steps on court he breaks yet another record. He's the greatest man that ever lived (well, except for Mozart perhaps).

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #4391
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Every time he steps on court he breaks yet another record. He's the greatest man that ever lived (well, except for Mozart perhaps).
For me the one big blemish is that he was never able to defeat Nadal at Roland Garros. It's too bad that Roger was unable to win it in 2004 before Nadal started winning it every year. Roger should get down on his knees every day and offer praise and thanks to Robin Soderling for taking Nadal out in 2009.

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #4392
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
But he's a tired old man and between Djokovic, Nadal and Murray (at the Masters 1000 events) he hasn't been winning like he was at his peak. I would like for him to put as much distance as possible between himself and Sampras as far as weeks at number one are concerned. It would really be great if he could somehow finish this year at number one and tie Sampras for most year end number one rankings.

Besides, billionaires need that extra million to but themselves a new ivory back scratcher.
But his legend is already set. He'll go down as the best male to play the sport. Shouldn't that be enough?

Fed fans can be so greedy.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #4393
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm glad that someone else mentioned this, I tend to get yelled at when I bring up the ATP.
THAT'S not very honest of you;you're not getting criticized NOW,merely reminded that the REAL reason for the flak you got was the endless blabbing done by you and Protoss for certain events.You'll notice that I practically NEVER bring up the NFL here since I know that no one shares my interest in it...even though this thread permits such digressions.......And,to silence your whining,the most damning piece of evidence is that there's an ideal place for you to chat about the ATP withOUT limit...and even YOU can spell M....T....F

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #4394
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
THAT'S not very honest of you;you're not getting criticized NOW,merely reminded that the REAL reason for the flak you got was the endless blabbing done by you and Protoss for certain events.You'll notice that I practically NEVER bring up the NFL here since I know that no one shares my interest in it...even though this thread permits such digressions.......And,to silence your whining,the most damning piece of evidence is that there's an ideal place for you to chat about the ATP withOUT limit...and even YOU can spell M....T....F
This is the off-topic thread so everything not related to Caro should go in here, including the ATP.

Whether or not others share the interest in the topic raised is largely irrelevant, I don't think the people in here have another common topic aside from Caro and tennis that we`re all interested in so some people are always bound to left out of the discussions here... that's the nature of an off-topic forum/thread.

My Tennis Photography - Flickr
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #4395
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
This is the off-topic thread so everything not related to Caro should go in here, including the ATP.

Whether or not others share the interest in the topic raised is largely irrelevant, I don't think the people in here have another common topic aside from Caro and tennis that we`re all interested in so some people are always bound to left out of the discussions here... that's the nature of an off-topic forum/thread.
Okay,Jimmie,maybe I'm letting my anti-ATP sentiments bias my judgment in this instance,but there should DEFINITELY not be any more live score bullshit here.If Caro's not playing,then ATP fans can use her Live Scores thread if they want to dare.Even COMMENTING in general should be respectful,though,and not drag on for pages and pages and pages.It rarely does,but it certainly COULD happen if no one got on the ATP apologists' cases.

My other plank is more personal,tbh;I see how chauvinistic and disrespectful many ATP fans are towards the WTA,and I've rarely caught the criticism swinging back the other way...not nearly as harshly,either.My suspicion is that lots of MTF members would have a conniption fit if anyone spoke about the WTA in their precious shrine,so my answer is: F--k 'em and feed 'em beans!!If they're going to piss all over the WTA,that three-champs-and-a-swishy-clown-college operation has no place HERE,then.They already have their outlet at MTF,so why honor those assholes---NOT referring to Protoss or DIAH,rather the hardcore WTA-bashers---by giving their no-parity joke league any recognition here at WTF??

Maybe I've got a trade-off proposal;I'll count how many ATP references there are every day...and then I'll include the EXACT same number of posts on the NFL once the reg. season starts.If anyone gets amnesia and bitches & whines about that,then I'll hearken back to THIS exchange