On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 292 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #4366
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

lol

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or if I should be creeped out.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #4367
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post

I probably would have in the days before I became an old fart. From what little I heard from them the're a pretty lousy band, but it's nevertheless great to see that rock'n'roll is back to being considered dangerous by the powers that be. Pussy Riot have exposed for the whole world to see that Poetin asshole for the intollerant ego-maniac that he is. And they took their sentence with a cynical smile on their faces, which is the perfect statement about this fake trial. For those things alone those three girls have me respect.
Musically they are as valid as many a punk band I have heard... I do however, get the strong impression that it was never about the music... What seems to have put the frighteners into the current regime is that a handful of brightly coloured, intelligent girls standing as an anonymous voice for all their kind, were able to highlight the churches role in securing another term, and the obvious implications of that allegiance. Moreover they have highlighted the link better than all the dissidents and opposition groups combined. The implication that any random group probably not even on your watch list can take on a state 'information' system and prevail puts serious pressure on that system. i wonder if they realise quite how frightening they in fact are?
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #4368
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But that sort of thing is not limited to Caroline's player forum. It's the same on the other fan forums. As long as their object of adoration is doing well everyone gets along, is in a good mood and finds no reason to nag or complain about anything. And even if there are some differences of opinion about minor issues, nobody really minds because the general mood is one where everyone is walking around with a huge smile on their faces. But when things start going wrong everyone starts to wonder why that is and inevitably different people will come to different conclusions, and those differences start to get irritating whereas previously we would have just shrugged our shoulders. Also - immediately after a disappointing loss it's understandable that fans feel the need to vent their frustrations. It doesn't necessarily make them bad fans or fakes, because if they were they wouldn't be here but at GM celebrating Caro's missfortune with the rest of 'em.
However, this isn't "other fan forums". We foresaw this eventuality and accordingly agreed what wouldn't be tolerated, and called for the appointment of a moderator to ensure our will. Whether or not a troll/abusive poster is a fan or used to be 'nice' is frankly irrelevant, as is whether or not they are popular. A line is a line and yesterday a poster crossed all the lines laid out by us by mutual agreement. Sexism, Insults, and abuse toward all players were deemed unacceptable here, irrespective. If posters can't live up to the agreement they should simply refrain from posting while agitated or face a sanction for removal. If the poster wasn't a member when we discussed the matter, tough.
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4369
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, I told you a bunch of times, you don't run this sub forum, even though you somehow still seem to be under the impression that you do.

Frankly, nobody gives a damn about if you don't agree with other fans postings in here, we don't have to confirm to your self-set standards. You`re the one having the problem with us so it would be on you to leave if you consider it to be unbearable.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #4370
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Dude, I told you a bunch of times, you don't run this sub forum, even though you somehow still seem to be under the impression that you do.
My wishes are irrelevant except for the fact that I was in full agreement with a collective decision. This is a fact that would be evident to you if you had bothered to read. As such any attempt by you to make my point an us vs me argument are frankly laughable, and transparent.

Quote:
Frankly, nobody gives a damn about if you don't agree with other fans postings in here, we don't have to confirm to your self-set standards. You`re the one having the problem with us so it would be on you to leave if you consider it to be unbearable.
I wouldn't call Admin, our moderator, or the numerous posters that that were in full support of the notion when it was agreed with Admin. Those very posters being driven away from the site (as per your desire above) is very much a concern, and a loud mouth self appointed "fan spokesman' isn't going to change that fact.

You do understand the difference between forum members reaching a standpoint through discourse, and your opinion?

While I'm not at all surprised that you chose to chip in, I do find it illuminating that you regard yourself as a spokesman for all fans, and completely disregard the wishes of those very fans that took the time to reach agreement on what is deemed tolerable behaviour here, with a statement of "leave if you consider it to be unbearable" I think you might want to consider your statement and how it applies to you vs a section wide collective agreement.
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #4371
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Heh. I saw a tweet referring to Jimmie as Caro's most passionate fan.
I'm curious but lazy. Could you provide a link to the tweet in question?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #4372
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious about the agreement in question. Does this predate my joining this forum or do I just have a terrible memory?

I do think that things got a bit silly yesterday but unless some posts were edited/deleted I didn't see anything that warrants anyone being expelled. Seemed like the typical frustration after a bad loss. I strongly suspect that things have already gone back to whatever passes for normal around here.

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #4373
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
My wishes are irrelevant except for the fact that I was in full agreement with a collective decision. This is a fact that would be evident to you if you had bothered to read. As such any attempt by you to make my point an us vs me argument are frankly laughable, and transparent.

I wouldn't call Admin, our moderator, or the numerous posters that that were in full support of the notion when it was agreed with Admin. Those very posters being driven away from the site (as per your desire above) is very much a concern, and a loud mouth self appointed "fan spokesman' isn't going to change that fact.

While I'm not at all surprised that you chose to chip in, I do find it illuminating that you regard yourself as a spokesman for all fans, and completely disregard the wishes of those very fans that took the time to reach agreement on what is deemed tolerable behaviour here, with a statement of "leave if you consider it to be unbearable" I think you might want to consider your statement and how it applies to you vs a section wide collective agreement.
First of all, I have no idea what agreement you're talking about or where it has been posted. Second of all, you're projecting again, the only one acting as a supposed spokesman for others is you.

I don't claim to speak for others, all I see is that you are the only one in here who's constantly picking fights or putting down other members ("compulsive gamblers"), the only one causing this kind of trouble is you. Honestly, can't you see this? You're the only one being aggressive towards others in here, I dare you to find another posting from another member from the past 2-3 months that involve personal attacks from them against others? I can find ten from you in no time...

This agreement you're talking about is largely useless if it's not clearly visible and everybody hasn't agreed to it. We have new users all the time, Trey would be one that comes to mind in the past few weeks... so If you want this to have any effect you have to show it to users at least. I've been here for over a year and i have no clue what you're even talking about.

The bottom line is that you're trying to control the discussion in here. You have a fixed standard of how a discussion is supposed to work and everybody who dosen't comply to the rules you made up is unreasonable. Frankly, these discussions have become tiring, it seems like you pride yourself on ruining other people's fun.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #4374
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm curious about the agreement in question. Does this predate my joining this forum or do I just have a terrible memory?
Nope, you don't.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4375
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
lol

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or if I should be creeped out.
If it were me I think I would be feeling forty-nine percent complimented and fifty-one percent creeped out.

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #4376
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm curious but lazy. Could you provide a link to the tweet in question?
I sent you a private message with it.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4377
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
I sent you a private message with it.
Me too if possible?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4378
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recall this agreement either.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #4379
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+1 ...

We all have different ways to express ourselves and I personally didn't see any comments crossing any line.

However, I was bad repped myself. For suggesting that if Caroline didn't want to take her tennis serious, it is time to retire and play golfing WAG. *shock and horror* but I stick to that comment. You can't get a little bit pregnant and you can't be a top tennis player, if you don't give 100% on and off the court. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I did then bad rap back, which was juvenile. *Puts hand up*.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Aug 18th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #4380
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
I don't recall this agreement either.
I don't think I would use the word "agreement" but maybe Burisleif is referring to the conversations that took place around the time that Ryan became the moderator of this subforum? That's the closest thing that I can think of but I don't really remember any of the specifics.

Closed Thread