On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 289 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #4321
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

To be honest, I think that if we knew all that goes on behind the scenes, especially concerning PED that we would just give up on watching sports altogether. I take it that the article in question is about China (???). No, I wouldn't send the entire team home because there is always a chance that some (or even many) are completely innocent. It's also possible that some were doped without knowing about it themselves, or even that they were forced to take PED. And finally, it might benefit others who may be just as guilty. I've never been a fan of pointing the finger at "the big bad east" - be-it the former Sovjet Union, the DDR or now China while pretending that we're the honorable ones and that everything is hunky dory in the west. The fact that the west - including and especially the US has always been able to be up there in the medal count with those countries who's athletes are supposed to be doped suggests otherwise.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #4322
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

One more reminder of why I'm so glad that you didn't leave permanently

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #4323
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #4324
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed.

@chrisSie-fan

Yes all were forced, and no they are not the only ones, we all remember the wests best efforts. I guess its clear sport is polotics and money... The fall out of USDA vs Wonderboy has potential to be huge for example... What grates me is the obvious corruption, lack of transparency, and claims of moral superiority that accompanies it all. Sport is a product today and we need to realise that and be weary toward the sponsors and custodians, and who they present as role models, and last but not least please stop using tax dollars to fund the whole thing. Personaly I think 'winners are all f*****g w*****s and the powermongers behind them a bunch of c***s

You can't take sport seriously.
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #4325
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
You can't take sport seriously.
No, but it's nevertheless one of the most important unimportant things out there. It's ok to be excited by it, as long as you also know that half the time you're likely to be the victim of a giant practical joke.

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #4326
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/gallery/201...eNo=15#picture

FV: "I wish that I knew how to play golf"

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #4327
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.wtatennis.com/gallery/201...eNo=15#picture

FV: "I wish that I knew how to play golf"
Somehow I think his problem is more than just not knowing how to play golf.

So are you getting excited about the upcoming Nfl season?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #4328
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Somehow I think his problem is more than just not knowing how to play golf.

So are you getting excited about the upcoming Nfl season?
Indeed,I am,thanks for asking;you'll notice that I rarely post about it even though it's fair game in this thread...cuz I'm well aware that I'm the only big fan and that there's a bit of antipathy here towards the sport.I'd say that stretches like these are better for all of the casual fans because you don't have just 1 or 2 teams with a realistic shot at the SB...as has been the case during some of the dynasties

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 06:38 AM   #4329
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Caro has started to play handball also!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Håndbold.jpg (31.5 KB, 12 views)
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 09:04 AM   #4330
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
It's always good to give yourself plenty of options, I think it is great that she is not putting all of her eggs in one basket and I very much look forward to seeing what she can do on a handball court.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 01:14 PM   #4331
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
She's going to be a multi-sport medalist

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM   #4332
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Fed ain't who he was. After 2009, Fed has lost in the quarters of Wimbledon and has losses to his pidgeons Hewitt and Haas on grass.

It's sad to see Fed's grass court ability having dropped so much.
I'm a bit late in asking this but does Roger winning Wimbledon again take some of the sting away from him losing the Halle final in 2010 to Hewitt and the 2012 final to Hasse?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 02:53 AM   #4333
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm a bit late in asking this but does Roger winning Wimbledon again take some of the sting away from him losing the Halle final in 2010 to Hewitt and the 2012 final to Hasse?
We're all just so shocked that Fed was able to win Wimbledon again after that Nostradamus-like Canadian tennis expert predicted that he'd lose the final....We're still in recovery

Old Aug 1st, 2012, 09:59 PM   #4334

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro has played four matches in a row on Wimbledon CC and all her opponents were ranked outside top 30. Tomorrow she'll be playing against a top 5 opponent/the reigning Wimbledon champion and for that she's relegated to Court 1!?
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 07:14 AM   #4335

Caro's win over Dani has gotten no mention at all on either the Olympic site or tennis.com. I guess it's not interesting when she wins without being in trouble!?