On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 284 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #4246
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Fed had a couple of games in that set where he had to save 2 to 3 break points.
True. It's great that he won the second set but still a little worrying that he is having trouble holding serve.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #4247
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Anybody see any movies lately?

I saw The Amazing Spiderman last night. I thought it was pretty good.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #4248
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little behind the times, I just saw Batman Begins and The Dark Knight this week.

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #4249
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I just finished watching a back catalouge of 193 films that I missed for one reason or another, none of which had spiders in them. Stand out's (artisticaly and origionality wise) would be: Midnight in Paris, Drive (with its Danish conection), and Hannah. Most of the rest are a blured and blended mass in my head. I yey to takle Melancholia (surely prime material for DIAH) and The Family Tree. The first because I need a holiday before takling Von Trier again, and the later because I'm expecting a hugely self indulgent propaganda fest and would need to be feeling particularly forgiving.

MIP is a masterpiece of romantic art with a beautifully crafted message excelantly told. A must see if you missed it and you're not adverse to optimism in reality.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4250
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My gf didn't have ANY movies she was interested in seeing this weekend,and that's quite rare.

Can't judge Spiderman,not having seen it,but it indicates a lack of ingenuity from Hollywood,IMO,that they're already re-hashing that superhero when Tobey Maguire doesn't even have grey hair yet.Btw,my eldest sister named her first child after the aforementioned Tobey, with Clive Owen getting preference for 'Clive Tobey'....Sis was actually an actress of sorts--an extra,really.

Batman with Christian Bale makes a lot more sense to me with an entire generation having passed since Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney.Btw,Bale is a genuinely-admirable human rights campaigner...unlike the photo-op-hogging monkey crap that comprises 99% of pretentious Hollywood charity-workers....Oh,and Joker didn't kill Batman's parents in the original comic story from many years ago,apparently;they concocted that plotline for Nicholson's character

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4251
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I just finished watching a back catalouge of 193 films that I missed for one reason or another, none of which had spiders in them. Stand out's (artisticaly and origionality wise) would be: Midnight in Paris, Drive (with its Danish conection), and Hannah. Most of the rest are a blured and blended mass in my head. I yey to takle Melancholia (surely prime material for DIAH) and The Family Tree. The first because I need a holiday before takling Von Trier again, and the later because I'm expecting a hugely self indulgent propaganda fest and would need to be feeling particularly forgiving.

MIP is a masterpiece of romantic art with a beautifully crafted message excelantly told. A must see if you missed it and you're not adverse to optimism in reality.
I assume that the Midnight in Paris you speak of is written and directed by Woody Allen? While I haven't seen his last several films (I think that Match Point was the last one I saw) I do consider myself a fan. I'm sure I'll catch up eventually, I'm interested to see Larry David as Woody in Whatever Works.

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #4252
country flag DownInAHole

After a fairly long game (seventeen minutes or more) Roger finally breaks to go up 4-2 in the third set.

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #4253
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I assume that the Midnight in Paris you speak of is written and directed by Woody Allen? While I haven't seen his last several films (I think that Match Point was the last one I saw) I do consider myself a fan. I'm sure I'll catch up eventually, I'm interested to see Larry David as Woody in Whatever Works.
Yes it's Woody, and not far off his best work so far. Is 'what ever works' a bio, cameo, or other? Yet another film to add to a dauntingly long list
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #4254
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Yes it's Woody, and not far off his best work so far. Is 'what ever works' a bio, cameo, or other? Yet another film to add to a dauntingly long list
It's written and directed by Woody but he does not appear as an actor. I guess he believes that he is too old to be a leading man now but I really prefer it when he at least has some role in his films.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178663/

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #4255
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
After a fairly long game (seventeen minutes or more) Roger finally breaks to go up 4-2 in the third set.
No shit? And here was I worried that twitter, all the live score blogs, the live radio broadcasts, and the LIVE TV broadcast that is being televised in just about every country on earth was wrong. Just as well I came to Women's Tennis Forum, and the Scandinavian Player section in particular to double check...

Or were you casually taking the piss?
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #4256
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
It's written and directed by Woody but he does not appear as an actor. I guess he believes that he is too old to be a leading man now but I really prefer it when he at least has some role in his films.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178663/
Maybe I'm reaching, but I was under the impression that all Woody's leads were 'Woody' in one sense or another? It's part of what l love about true story tellers and their craft... I guess I will have to ask him.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #4257
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Maybe I'm reaching, but I was under the impression that all Woody's leads were 'Woody' in one sense or another? It's part of what l love about true story tellers and their craft... I guess I will have to ask him.
Oh, I agree but I tend to enjoy it more when he actually appears as the lead rather than having other actors impersonate him. John Cusack in Bullets Over Broadway springs to mind.

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #4258
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
What is Drive's Danish connection?

I've thought about seeing Midnight in Paris before.

I don't think I've seen any Woody Allen movies before.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #4259
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The director is Danish.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #4260
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Nicolas Winding Refn. One of the many hot young Danish directors out there. Interesting I hadn't checked the production team before the film, and I came away with a strong taste of DFI pacing and flavours of Zentropic spice.

If you like Art, Literature, and a good yarn, then you should definitely see it. It's very much a fable told in Art lovers terms.
Closed Thread