On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 282 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #4216
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I like track cycling.
A man of good taste...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #4217
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

I say we leave things as they are. The thread seems to be working fine, why change it? I think there are enough people that do enjoy having a place to discuss ATP matches that we shouldn't mess with things. Speaking for myself I don't find talk about football or formula one very stimulating but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to talk about them. When I see those topics brought up I just skip them. Seems like an easy enough solution.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #4218
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I say we leave things as they are. The thread seems to be working fine, why change it? I think there are enough people that do enjoy having a place to discuss ATP matches that we shouldn't mess with things. Speaking for myself I don't find talk about football or formula one very stimulating but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to talk about them. When I see those topics brought up I just skip them. Seems like an easy enough solution.
When half the posts are now about Men's tennis in contravention to forum rules,, then it clearly isn't fine. Whether you like it really isn't that relevant?

What is with all the narsisism here?
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #4219
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
When half the posts are now about Men's tennis in contravention to forum rules,, then it clearly isn't fine. Whether you like it really isn't that relevant?

What is with all the narsisism here?
Sigh, I was trying to be polite about this but it appears that there is only one person that has a problem with the way things are. Should we really change something that is working and that many people are enjoying to suit the whims of that one person? That seems excessive to me. Is it really a great hardship to ask you to just skip the posts that are related to ATP matches?

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #4220
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is 8-7 H2H but Federer has won five of the last seven and has straight-setted the Brit in both their previous GS finals, USO 08 and AO 10. This will be their first match on a surface other than HC.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #4221
country flag DownInAHole

I'm a bit torn. Murray is definitely the best current player to have never won a slam and it is hard to begrudge him winning one, especially Wimbledon. However, who knows how many more chances Federer will have? Sure he already has sixteen but I think an awful lot of fans are rooting for him to win at least one more and Wimbledon seems like the ideal place for him to win his final slam. Either way I will be happy but a little more happy if Federer wins.

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #4222
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Sigh, I was trying to be polite about this but it appears that there is only one person that has a problem with the way things are. Should we really change something that is working and that many people are enjoying to suit the whims of that one person? That seems excessive to me. Is it really a great hardship to ask you to just skip the posts that are related to ATP matches?
Sure you were... I'm not bothered about the subject matter... The fact that it is against TF rules, is flooding this thread, and risking it's closure together with all the uninfringing posts is the issue. Stop being so bloody selfish and comprhend the concern raised. It's not about what you like or think is working. From a simple standpoint of respect to other contributers to this thread I would expect a more understanding response. If you had the slightest interest in this comunity you would act acordingly and start a relevant thread. Would it realy be a great hardship for you and your few to post in a thread meant for the subject rather risk this one being taken down?
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #4223
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Sure you were... I'm not bothered about the subject matter... The fact that it is against TF rules, is flooding this thread, and risking it's closure together with all the uninfringing posts is the issue. Stop being so bloody selfish and comprhend the concern raised. It's not about what you like or think is working. From a simple standpoint of respect to other contributers to this thread I would expect a more understanding response. If you had the slightest interest in this comunity you would act acordingly and start a relevant thread. Would it realy be a great hardship for you and your few to post in a thread meant for the subject rather risk this one being taken down?
How about taking your own advice? As I said, there is one person that sees this as being a problem. No one else has agreed with your concerns. Think about it, which one of us is acting selfishly? The rest of us are perfectly happy with the way things are and you expect us to change because you don't like it? Narcissism indeed.

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #4224
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

It#s kind of comforting to check back in here late and see that everything's normal...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #4225
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
How about taking your own advice? As I said, there is one person that sees this as being a problem. No one else has agreed with your concerns. Think about it, which one of us is acting selfishly? The rest of us are perfectly happy with the way things are and you expect us to change because you don't like it? Narcissism indeed.
Is this your thread? No. I'm I concerned about my own thread? No. What the fact about site rules would you like spelled out?
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #4226
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
It#s kind of comforting to check back in here late and see that everything's normal...
Shouldn't you be trolling in GM?
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #4227
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually,you're speaking from ignorance here;AYE find it slightly annoying sometimes,too,that so much space is devoted/wasted on Swishville News.I don't complain about it that much b/c I realize that I've caused my share of problems in THIS forum,and others,so I choose to fight more important battles and not focus so much on this one.However,you are factually incorrect when you unilaterally declare that everyone but Burisleif is happy with the current state of things

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #4228
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Thank you very much for your input.On principle,I'm opposed to punishing someone for their natural gifts...and there ARE elements of skill to good serving;however,we agree in several respects.I've seen matches where Serena was being clearly outplayed in virtually every aspect of the game...and won ONLY due to her service edge.She's not the only one,of course but,regardless of who it is,such a one-dimensional victory wasn't what the founders of the sport intended,if I had to guess.In Serena's defense,she's inarguably an all-time great,whereas there are guys,in that cesspool of swishy unbearable punks known as the ATP,who are nothing more than Serve Machines...little more than club pros w/o their singular advantage.

Serena's only human(though our favorite J.W. loses her holy rectitude and becomes SUB-human sometimes when umpires piss her off),so it wouldn't be any surprise if her service edge encouraged her to play lazily or sloppily in matches-especially during an opponent's service games(i.e.:'I can just serve my way out of trouble whenever I want').Though she served powerfully both on the faster green clay and on the Blue Freak Show at Madrid,many of us have noticed how Serena often avoids slow,red clay like the plague,and she was as useless as teats on a bull at RG this year...other than the headlines she created by her extra-early exit.I'm not going to play God by pretending to read Ree's mind,but I wouldn't call it a wild assumption that she disliked her relative inability to overpower foes or end points rapidly with one shot on red clay
Absolutely a wouldn't want to penalise a skill, but rather make them count more. However I don't think I'm wrong in suggesting that many are not happy with the direction the game is heading, with the now added advantage of height entering the frame. Alas a huge issue of joint tournaments is the tunning of the courts to the mens game... So ideally a way to adress and balance for both sexes at the same time is needed...
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #4229
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Shouldn't you be trolling in GM?
No need, you have the trolling part absolutely covered

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #4230
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Is this your thread? No. I'm I concerned about my own thread? No. What the fact about site rules would you like spelled out?
My concern is that if we change things we may not have a place to discuss ATP matches here. That's it. Typically it is just the slams that garner any interest so you will likely get a break from it shortly, at least until the U.S. Open. Again, I don't see the problem. You don't like something and are trying to force the rest of us to change to suit you. That seems excessive and unnecessary. Can't you accept something that you don't like that other people do enjoy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Actually,you're speaking from ignorance here;AYE find it slightly annoying sometimes,too,that so much space is devoted/wasted on Swishville News.I don't complain about it that much b/c I realize that I've caused my share of problems in THIS forum,and others,so I choose to fight more important battles and not focus so much on this one.However,you are factually incorrect when you unilaterally declare that everyone but Burisleif is happy with the current state of things
If you go back and read what I typed this is what I said:

Quote:
As I said, there is one person that sees this as being a problem. No one else has agreed with your concerns.
At the time that I wrote that it was true, no one else had spoken up in agreement with Burisleif. If enough people speak up and agree with that side of the discussion then a change will need to happen but I think it is fair to go along with the majority and at the moment the majority seems content to allow ATP discussion here. I would be fine with an all ATP thread but as has been pointed out by you and others such threads tend to be locked. That being the case the "off-topic" thread is likely the best place for those discussions.

If you disagree with something you shouldn't be shy about saying so, you certainly haven't been in the past. As long as you are respectful in your disagreements I don't believe that anyone is going to have any problems with you voicing your opinions.

Closed Thread