On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 280 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #4186
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Are you kidding?If EITHER of those Second Division schlubs beats Fed in a Slam final,I'll greet Amanmuradova at the airport,when she arrives here for her Cancun vacation,and give her a long,extended French kiss
Federer is far from being the player he was circa 2004-2007, I think there is a good chance that you will be puckering up.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #4187
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Not really had enough time to reflect upon it... If I were to contemplate a change however, it would probably be a bit more radical and out of the box, specifically as a means to also eliminate height and other physical advantages. I fell in love with the sport for it's tactical nuances, and fell out of love with it due to too many aces and short points. Any method to restore it to a more tactical sport again would be welcomed by me. Failing that, if it becomes all about power and size again, then I can as a spectator always fall back on Badminton (a much better spectator sport imho) and other passions like cup sailing and cycling again... Track cycling has to be experienced at least once if your a sports fan.
Thank you very much for your input.On principle,I'm opposed to punishing someone for their natural gifts...and there ARE elements of skill to good serving;however,we agree in several respects.I've seen matches where Serena was being clearly outplayed in virtually every aspect of the game...and won ONLY due to her service edge.She's not the only one,of course but,regardless of who it is,such a one-dimensional victory wasn't what the founders of the sport intended,if I had to guess.In Serena's defense,she's inarguably an all-time great,whereas there are guys,in that cesspool of swishy unbearable punks known as the ATP,who are nothing more than Serve Machines...little more than club pros w/o their singular advantage.

Serena's only human(though our favorite J.W. loses her holy rectitude and becomes SUB-human sometimes when umpires piss her off),so it wouldn't be any surprise if her service edge encouraged her to play lazily or sloppily in matches-especially during an opponent's service games(i.e.:'I can just serve my way out of trouble whenever I want').Though she served powerfully both on the faster green clay and on the Blue Freak Show at Madrid,many of us have noticed how Serena often avoids slow,red clay like the plague,and she was as useless as teats on a bull at RG this year...other than the headlines she created by her extra-early exit.I'm not going to play God by pretending to read Ree's mind,but I wouldn't call it a wild assumption that she disliked her relative inability to overpower foes or end points rapidly with one shot on red clay

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #4188
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

FLN and Marray in the final
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #4189
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing win 64 76(9) 67(4) 76(5)!
Congrats!
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #4190
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Federer is far from being the player he was circa 2004-2007, I think there is a good chance that you will be puckering up.
"Good chance"?With it coming from a Mr.Prediction like YOU,we all know how to take that analysis for its comedic value.By that same standard,you probably think that Lady Gaga has a GOOD singing voice

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #4191
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you kidding?If EITHER of those Second Division schlubs beats Fed in a Slam final,I'll greet Amanmuradova at the airport,when she arrives here for her Cancun vacation,and give her a long,extended French kiss
Will you be taking a picture or videotaping such an occasion?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #4192
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Is it time to break completely unrelated to Caroline mens tennis into its own thread?
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #4193
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Amazing win 64 76(9) 67(4) 76(5)!
Congrats!
I look forward to seeing Caroline playing some Mixed with him in the future...
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #4194
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Will you be taking a picture or videotaping such an occasion?
Well,your passion as a Fed fan leads me to believe that you think he's still capable of greatness...or else why would you get your hopes so high?

I'm issuing a challenge to the rest of the posters to see who can predict exactly WHEN you'll have your first Apocalypse moment during the Final.I can envision a typical Protoss moment--in the VERY first game of the match:

Chair Umpire: Love-15
Protoss: Great!Double Fault!Fed is already hopelessly behind!

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #4195
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I look forward to seeing Caroline playing some Mixed with him in the future...
Me too. He's just the coolest guy ever. It could be so much fun.

Here's an interview with Marray/Nielsen right after the match (in English) (probably Geo restricted?): http://tv2sport.dk/det-royale-par-fo...at-vaere-sandt

Last edited by angliru : Jul 6th, 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Video clip added
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #4196
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Quote:
Is it time to break completely unrelated to Caroline mens tennis into its own thread?
just make a Caro doubles thread - he would be relevant there

- or a Caro doubles partners thread
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #4197
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reff View Post
just make a Caro doubles thread - he would be relevant there
Long time no read, good to see you back...

FLN is Carolines fed cup team mate so pretty much qualifies for a Caroline related thread.

I was more thinking of the mens reults, live scores, and adulation postings being irrelivant to both a Scandi player section, a Caro thread, and WTF in general, so rather than this thread being flooded with such posts and used as a MTF live score toilet they deserve there own thread which those with zero interest in Fed, Puerto, Nole, and Andy can knock themselves out
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4198
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I was more thinking of the mens reults, live scores, and adulation postings being irrelivant to both a Scandi player section, a Caro thread, and WTF in general, so rather than this thread being flooded with such posts and used as a MTF live score toilet they deserve there own thread which those with zero interest in Fed, Puerto, Nole, and Andy can knock themselves out
Though your idea isn't bad in theory,I can tell you from experience that posters in one of my other fave's forum tried to start such a thread a couple of years ago...and the mods nixed the effort.That means we might be stuck with more Protoss point-by-point nightmares from Swishville(ATP) for the foreseeable future

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #4199
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Good chance"?With it coming from a Mr.Prediction like YOU,we all know how to take that analysis for its comedic value.By that same standard,you probably think that Lady Gaga has a GOOD singing voice
I have been known to bust a move to Ms. Germanotta.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #4200
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Though your idea isn't bad in theory,I can tell you from experience that posters in one of my other fave's forum tried to start such a thread a couple of years ago...and the mods nixed the effort.That means we might be stuck with more Protoss point-by-point nightmares from Swishville(ATP) for the foreseeable future
Just for that I should spam your inbox with Atp live scoring.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread