On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 279 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #4171
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I wouln't be so sure about the credits...

Nothing I can do about the post count though.
Any comments on my proposal to return to the classic one-serve rule??

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #4172
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Any comments on my proposal to return to the classic one-serve rule??
Not really had enough time to reflect upon it... If I were to contemplate a change however, it would probably be a bit more radical and out of the box, specifically as a means to also eliminate height and other physical advantages. I fell in love with the sport for it's tactical nuances, and fell out of love with it due to too many aces and short points. Any method to restore it to a more tactical sport again would be welcomed by me. Failing that, if it becomes all about power and size again, then I can as a spectator always fall back on Badminton (a much better spectator sport imho) and other passions like cup sailing and cycling again... Track cycling has to be experienced at least once if your a sports fan.

Are Angliru and I, the only Saxo Bank Tinkoff Bank, or track fans here?
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #4173
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
Wow, credits are growing fast on this forum. I'd like to thank my anonymous donor
I've never understood what those credits mean myself.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #4174
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither. Is it some kind of protection against being blocked from posting here?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #4175
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks a lot

As you said, the multi-quote function seems easy enough. I’ll try it eventually.

I’m not sure what you mean exactly for the pictures, but I guess you have to insert the URL between those [ img ] [ /img ].

About the polls, I’ve read somewhere that we need 50 posts and 500 credits. It should be the milestones you’re talking about. I’m not sure if I’ll reach those 500 credits before the End of The World, though
Yeah, I probably did a crappy job of explaining how to post pictures but I think you got it. If you wanted to post this:

you just type [ img ], enter the url (in this case http://www.ioling.org/images/flags/canada.gif) and then type [ /img ] but with no spaces. You can hit the "preview post" button to see if it worked before you make your post permanent. If you hit "quote" on a post that has a picture the way to do it is displayed in the text of the post, that was how I figured it out.

If you are interested in bumping your post count quickly chat threads are a quick and easy way to do so. Many of them just require one word answers:
http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisp...prune=-1&f=290

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #4176
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I've never understood what those credits mean myself.
They seem related to some virtual betting system, from the prehistoric era of this forum.

From the Administrator Meelis: "Credits/vcash has no functional purpose any more. There used to be a virtual bookie, where vcash was used to betting on tennis matches, but it longer exists (sic)". April 12, 2012.

You can invest them in a virtual bank, to get 4% interest every 30 days. Israel asks Meelis: "Okay and what is that interest used for?"

Meelis answer: "For nothing. You will have more credits, but you still can´t do anything with them"

Link for this discussion: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...light=vbetting
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #4177
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Just trying to post a picture, under DIAH directives. Hope it works.

Ok, I think I get it, after a few adjustments. At least I see the picture in the "preview post".

I hope it doesn't bother anyone if I spam this topic with a single picture from our beloved one
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #4178
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Fed won in 4 over Djokovic to advance to his 8th Wimbledon final!! Great job Roger.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #4179
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Fed won in 4 over Djokovic to advance to his 8th Wimbledon final!! Great job Roger.
Who do you believe he has a better chance of defeating in the final? I tend to think that Murray would be the easier opponent.

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #4180
country flag Achernar

Quote:
I share your happiness. I like both guys, but it might be the last chance Fed gets to win a Grand Slam. He's not getting younger and the competition is fierce. I know he can beat Tsonga as well as Murray, so I'm really thrilled
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4181
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #4182
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4183
country flag DownInAHole

Just to keep my streak of being wrong intact I would like to say that as soon as Nadal lost Tsonga was my pick from that half of the draw to make the final.

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #4184
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Who do you believe he has a better chance of defeating in the final? I tend to think that Murray would be the easier opponent.
My guess would be Murray as well but I'm not sure.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #4185
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Are you kidding?If EITHER of those Second Division schlubs beats Fed in a Slam final,I'll greet Amanmuradova at the airport,when she arrives here for her Cancun vacation,and give her a long,extended French kiss

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread