On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 276 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:05 AM   #4126
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodoboy. View Post
I'm still really upset Caro lost 1R. Especially considering she was playing SUCH positive tennis. I hope she understood the circumstances and does no stop imposing her game. It really was a pleasure to watch, she got unlucky with her draw. We'll see what the rest of 2012 has in store for her, I'm anxious to see her next match.
Thanks for your kind comment. I hope that she will try to continue playing like this. I think her new coach is doing a great job. My biggest fear though is that since she lost the only two matches she played since she started working with him she might think, "Well, I tried to play more agressive like everyone has been telling me and I lost both times. Fuck it, this doesn't work for me." That's why it was as you say a bad draw for Caroline. It would have been better if she had been able to win at least a few matches with her "new game" at Wimbledon before losing so that she can envision what might be in the future if she keeps playing "positive tennis." Now she played "positive tennis" but had nothing to show for it. I really hope that it won't cause her to panic but that she sees it as a long process that might bring big rewards in the end. I REALLY hope that. It's a gamble for sure, but definitely one worth taking in my modest opinion.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 02:23 AM   #4127
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Sigh, I guess that no one is going to wish me a happy Canada Day.
Please forgive the oversight;didn't know that such a day even existed....One would think,for such a title,that the country had actually fought for independence....instead of just boring the colonial power to death and inspiring them to go back home.With a glorious name such as Canada Day,shouldn't the honorees have a military that's equipped with something more potent than Mattel GI Joe dartguns??

Seriously,though,you almost always are such nice people...much,MUCH more so than our mutual neighbors are...so I welcome you to share any other important events from Canadian culture...or any of the riveting political developments from Da Nerth 'Ouse...and kindly remind me when those Quebecois Catholics celebrate Virgin of the Loons Day.In closing,to rectify my earlier omission,DIAH,I'll wish you--in your native tongue--Hopee Kunuduh Deigh!!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:52 PM   #4128
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Fed had to go off court for some medical treatment a bit ago.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM   #4129
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Whew. Fed wins the 1st set tiebreak 7-1 after breaking Malisse at 5-6 1st set.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4130
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Paszek is now the only unseeded player left in the tournament. Of all the possible opponents Caro could have drawn in 1R, she had to get the only one who was QF material!
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4131
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Paszek is now the only unseeded player left in the tournament. Of all the possible opponents Caro could have drawn in 1R, she had to get the only one who was QF material!
No such thing as luck in sport according to many...
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:40 PM   #4132
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Frederik L. Nielsen is leading 7-6 7-6 4-3 in the men's doubles when play is suspended. It's almost surreal that the QF is just a few points away! GL!

I would have liked to see him and Caro play here. Could have been fun.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #4133

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
No such thing as luck in sport according to many...
Well, when the odds for drawing one specific opponent are 1 to 95, I think it qualifies as a bit of bad luck if you do draw that opponent.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Jul 2nd, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM   #4134
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Frederik L. Nielsen is leading 7-6 7-6 4-3 in the men's doubles when play is suspended. It's almost surreal that the QF is just a few points away! GL!

I would have liked to see him and Caro play here. Could have been fun.
All I've read about Frede suggests, he's an exceptionally nice person, so chuffed for him. Just had a look at wiki, his career prize earnings are $324k ... Could get a real bump this week!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Jul 3rd, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:29 AM   #4135
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

My gf's dog's sense of smell really sucks!!;we can hide a dog biscuit practically in plain sight and he wanders around the room w/o finding it...and,yes,we take pity on him and give him the biscuit after he's given up.Another interesting trait is that he'll leave the broom alone if it's placed with handle side down,but he'll urinate on the brush side if you place that end on the floor instead

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:33 AM   #4136
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Well, when the odds for drawing one specific opponent are 1 to 95, I think it qualifies as a bit of bad luck if you do draw that opponent.
Indeed, I was agreeing with you in contrast to what others have said here (the smilie)... and I'm personally all too aware that luck plays a huge part in all parts of life, not just sport... Anybody that anybody who doesn't realise that has issues.
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM   #4137
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Cilic and Murray played for a game and a point before play got suspended ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 02:02 PM   #4138
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Frederik Nielsen goes into the doubles quarters after a tough 5 set match 7-6 7-6 6-7 5-7 7-5. Well done
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #4139
country flag bruce goose

Heck,at least CARO knows how to beat Umpire Killer

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #4140

While I was wondering which of the four remaining players would be the titlist come Saturday, it suddenly struck me that "titlist" looks rather like a naughty word!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Titlist.jpg (76.5 KB, 3 views)