On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 272 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #4066
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip View Post
Oudin just received a wild card for Wimbledon MD, so she can relax as well.
Thanks for the post;I'd call that a worthy,even classy,decision by the Wimbledon bosses

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #4067
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

It's times like these that I kind of miss having an outsider come in and give a positive spin on what happened.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #4068
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

How was Johannson's serve and forehand? I'm wondering if his shots are a good example for Caro.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #4069
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
How was Johannson's serve and forehand? I'm wondering if his shots are a good example for Caro.
They didn't have videotape back in those days and he now has too much arthritis to go through the hitting motions,so there's no way for Caro to watch and copy him;she'll just have to use her smarts and intuit the correct way

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4070
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

Wow hey guys!! It's been decades :O Hahaha, goodness. I need to learn how to use a computer again! How are all of you?!
I've just been training everyday and bring good news. I am playing in the US Open Qualies this Saturday in Mason. I will be playing where the Cincy Open takes place. Awesome courts! I also have a summer job as a tennis assistant. I teach little kids to adults and it's a blast. A bit more tiring than actually playing but it's so much fun.

Anyway, I will make a mental note to come in here more often to chat with you guys; especially with all this great grass-court tennis on TV - thank goodness!

Ta ta

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #4071
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
Wow hey guys!! It's been decades :O Hahaha, goodness. I need to learn how to use a computer again! How are all of you?!
I've just been training everyday and bring good news. I am playing in the US Open Qualies this Saturday in Mason. I will be playing where the Cincy Open takes place. Awesome courts! I also have a summer job as a tennis assistant. I teach little kids to adults and it's a blast. A bit more tiring than actually playing but it's so much fun.

Anyway, I will make a mental note to come in here more often to chat with you guys; especially with all this great grass-court tennis on TV - thank goodness!

Ta ta
Hey goodlooking.. Nice to see you back...
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #4072
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you posting again. I thought that you forgot about us little people.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #4073
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Fed ain't who he was. After 2009, Fed has lost in the quarters of Wimbledon and has losses to his pidgeons Hewitt and Haas on grass.

It's sad to see Fed's grass court ability having dropped so much.
Roger is still the man. Yes, given that he is 30 years young now, he still has the stuff. I knew that Roger was not going to win against Tommy by two things: 1, Tommy has a great record against Federer to began with (not conclusive but does help a lot) and 2, Roger's body language and attitude that day. Early on in the match he hit a ball 2 feet out that should have been a routine forehand but turned into an unforced error. He then stomped on the ground like he always does when he gets upset, shaking his head and messing with his hair. I knew the second he did that he wouldn't win. Every time I've seen him do that in a match he never won.

But I still truly believe that has the stuff. That man is from a different breed of tennis player.

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #4074
country flag SwissMiss19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Hey goodlooking.. Nice to see you back...
Yo yo yo! What's up on Planet X?

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #4075
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger is still the man. Yes, given that he is 30 years young now, he still has the stuff. I knew that Roger was not going to win against Tommy by two things: 1, Tommy has a great record against Federer to began with (not conclusive but does help a lot) and 2, Roger's body language and attitude that day. Early on in the match he hit a ball 2 feet out that should have been a routine forehand but turned into an unforced error. He then stomped on the ground like he always does when he gets upset, shaking his head and messing with his hair. I knew the second he did that he wouldn't win. Every time I've seen him do that in a match he never won.

But I still truly believe that has the stuff. That man is from a different breed of tennis player.
Not when Rafael Nadal is on the other side of the net.

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #4076
country flag SwissMiss19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Good to see you posting again. I thought that you forgot about us little people.
Hey! Haha, no way Every time I watch Caroline play I think of you guys on here but truly have not had the time to come on here even for an hour. It will be easier once this 6-week class at uni I'm taking is over.

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #4077
country flag SwissMiss19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Not when Rafael Nadal is on the other side of the net.
It's more mental to me when Rafa or Nole is on the other side of the net. Roger has it physically, but mentally, at least in the beginning, he was forced down to earth by how they were taking him down. He then lost the belief he could beat them. Then Rafa followed after losing to Nole so many times. Now I feel that Roger has relaxed and is just playing his game again. He seems more confident in his play and his ready for another win. He is still my favorite to win the tournament.

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #4078
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Hey! Haha, no way Every time I watch Caroline play I think of you guys on here but truly have not had the time to come on here even for an hour. It will be easier once this 6-week class at uni I'm taking is over.
Don't feel too bad. Given the option of wasting time talking to a bunch of knuckleheads on a tennis forum or actually doing something constructive with your time I think that you made the right decision.

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #4079
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yo yo yo! What's up on Planet X?
Just chilling & waiting to see our very own Nat in the MD on the USO...

Good luck with those qualies...
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #4080
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
It's more mental to me when Rafa or Nole is on the other side of the net. Roger has it physically, but mentally, at least in the beginning, he was forced down to earth by how they were taking him down. He then lost the belief he could beat them. Then Rafa followed after losing to Nole so many times. Now I feel that Roger has relaxed and is just playing his game again. He seems more confident in his play and his ready for another win. He is still my favorite to win the tournament.
I will never forgive Roger for the way that he cut my heart out last year in the French Open final. If he had defeated Nadal there it might have been the greatest win of his career.

Closed Thread