On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 269 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #4021
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I kind of think this a career defining match for Nadal if he loses.
I think it's even more a career defining match for Djokovic. Nadal can always try to win his seventh FO next year or the year after that if he loses now, but for Djokovic it's (barring miracles) the only chance he'll ever have of winning all four slams in a row.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #4022
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #4023
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think it's even more a career defining match for Djokovic. Nadal can always wins his seventh FO next year or the year after that if he loses now, but for Djokovic it's (barring miracles) the only chance he'll ever have of winning all four slams in a row.
I dunno. I think he might win 3 slam in a row again. In any event, it's not that big a deal if he doesn't win 4 slams in a row. Fed couldn't do it, Nadal couldn't do it. Nobody since Laver could.

I see losing from 2 sets to love up in a grand slam final having a devastating effect on Nadal.

Last edited by Protoss : Jun 10th, 2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added "in a row" after "4 slams"
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #4024
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dunno. I think he might win 3 slam in a row again. In any event, it's not that big a deal if he doesn't win 4 slams. Fed couldn't do it, Nadal couldn't do it. Nobody since Laver could.
Which would make it all the more remarkable an achievement if Djokovic could do it. It's not that big a deal if he doesn't do it, but it's a very big deal if he would. But yes - Nadal losing from two sets up on the court that he regards as his own would be devastating to him.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #4025
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nadal could bounce back pretty handily from losing after being up 2-0. Of course one needs to consider the credibility of the person expressing that opinion. If you look at the last two times he faced Djokovic (Monte Carlo and Rome) he won both easily after losing that marathon final in Melbourne. I think that Novak's dominance is over and expect Nadal to win Wimbledon and Djokovic may not even make the final there.

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4026
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I think Nadal could bounce back pretty handily from losing after being up 2-0. Of course one needs to consider the credibility of the person expressing that opinion. If you look at the last two times he faced Djokovic (Monte Carlo and Rome) he won both easily after losing that marathon final in Melbourne. I think that Novak's dominance is over and expect Nadal to win Wimbledon and Djokovic may not even make the final there.
This is Nadal's best surface though and to lose from 2 sets to love would be a big blow to his confidence I think.

Djokovic's dominance isn't over til someone actually has the guts/belief to actually beat him. Fed failed from up 2 sets to love and 2 match points at the US Open, Nadal blew a 4-2 5th set 30-15 lead at the Australian Open, Seppi failed from 2 sets to love up at the French Open, and Tsonga squandered 4 match points at the French Open.

Unless someone shows that they can actually finish Djokovic off at a slam I'm more or less assuming he's gonna keep on winning them.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #4027
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think it's even more a career defining match for Djokovic. Nadal can always try to win his seventh FO next year or the year after that if he loses now, but for Djokovic it's (barring miracles) the only chance he'll ever have of winning all four slams in a row.
I'm not convinced that Nadal can keep going at this level for much longer. When you consider how physical his style of play is and combine that with the fact that he regularly makes finals (which, of course, means that he plays more often than most players) he could have a significantly shorter career than his peers. True, Federer isn't winning slams anymore but at his age he is still one of the top players, I don't believe that Nadal will be anywhere near that good when he hits thirty.

Quote:
This is Nadal's best surface though and to lose from 2 sets to love would be a big blow to his confidence I think.

Djokovic's dominance isn't over til someone actually has the guts/belief to actually beat him. Fed failed from up 2 sets to love and 2 match points at the US Open, Nadal blew a 4-2 5th set 30-15 lead at the Australian Open, Seppi failed from 2 sets to love up at the French Open, and Tsonga squandered 4 match points at the French Open.

Unless someone shows that they can actually finish Djokovic off at a slam I'm more or less assuming he's gonna keep on winning them.
Well, maybe your theory is true if you just consider the slams but when I say "dominance" I am referring to the way that Djokovic won virtually everything last year from January-July. He is still winning slams but at the Masters 1000 events he has fallen off considerably. Last year at this time he had won Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome, this year the only one of those four that he has defended was Miami.

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #4028
country flag DownInAHole

No more tennis today, play resumes tomorrow at 1:00pm local time.

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #4029
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No more tennis today, play resumes tomorrow at 1:00pm local time.
Good thing that Lisicki didn't have to play today on such a wet surface;she would have fallen on her butt,fractured her tailbone and been out for a month,at least....wouldn't have missed any photo shoots,though,of course

Btw,can anyone find Rebecca Marino?She seems to have vanished from the face of the earth,I'm sad to say(was hoping that she'd be a fixture for years).Perhaps she's running around with some Western Hockey League players,trying to be the Canadian version of Golovin.If you get a chance to chat with Becca,tell her that some more bread in her diet(Mexican food would help)--plus some gluteal exercises--would develop her undersized backside....I'm nitpicking somewhat b/c she's virtually flawless in every other physical aspect

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #4030
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=422 is your answer.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4031
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
It's hard to understand why she'd be so fatigued when she loses in the 1st Round of every tourney...perhaps they're trying to say 'burned out' in a polite manner.Anyway,thanks for the update,Emperor

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #4032
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Not really much here but you may also be interested in this article:
http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...ng-sabbatical/

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #4033
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Not really much here but you may also be interested in this article:
http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...ng-sabbatical/
Outwardly,at least,she seems like a sweet gal so I hope she finds her way back.......

Btw,make sure that you only share the ONLINE article with your pal Sabine...and not the printed newspaper...as we'd hate to see a paper cut force yet another tourney withdrawal from that paragon of physical fitness

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #4034
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Outwardly,at least,she seems like a sweet gal so I hope she finds her way back.......

Btw,make sure that you only share the ONLINE article with your pal Sabine...and not the printed newspaper...as we'd hate to see a paper cut force yet another tourney withdrawal from that paragon of physical fitness
Sabine will have the last laugh when she wins the calendar slam in 2014.

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4035
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Really glad Lewis got his 1st win this season. Exciting race. Lewis had to overtake Vettel once and Alonso twice.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread