On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 246 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #3676
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
No, he didn't. Roddick is such a jerk.

What a horrible way for a winning streak to end...losing to a washed up pigeon.
If we were having this conversation in 2003-2004 I would completely agree with you but with the results Andy has had since then I kind of feel sorry for him. He was hyped as being the next Pete Sampras and things certainly did not end up like that for him. It's not a final but for me this is kind of similar to when Hewitt, another player that Roger has completely dominated, defeated him a few years ago in a grass court final. Federer may not be the player he was but he is still miles ahead of Roddick and Hewitt so if they can manage to beat him good for them.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #3677
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

I think most people would agreee that DownInAhole and I are the two most pessimistic posters on here (at least among regulars).

But who are most optimistic posters on here?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #3678
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think most people would agreee that DownInAhole and I are the two most pessimistic posters on here (at least among regulars).

But who are most optimistic posters on here?
I like to think of us as "realists" and those silly optimists as "delusional."

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #3679
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit ironic: last year the Charleston people practually begged Caro to play their tournament because most of the other top players had opted out and they really needed a name. This year Caro is one of the few top players NOT on the entry list because of WTA rules (possibly Caro can play Charleston now that Sharapova seems to have opted out but I hope she skips it and focuses on Copenhagen next).
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #3680
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
It's a bit ironic: last year the Charleston people practually begged Caro to play their tournament because most of the other top players had opted out and they really needed a name. This year Caro is one of the few top players NOT on the entry list because of WTA rules (possibly Caro can play Charleston now that Sharapova seems to have opted out but I hope she skips it and focuses on Copenhagen next).
She has been one of the more committed top players there and has had good runs the last few years (final, semi-final, win). You would think they would want the defending champion back.

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #3681
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She has been one of the more committed top players there and has had good runs the last few years (final, semi-final, win). You would think they would want the defending champion back.
Yep!
ungrateful b******

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #3682
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a great comment on Roger today at another forum...."I hate it when people compare God to Federer. I mean, I don't deny that he's great, but he's no Federer."
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #3683
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

W
ozniacki - Stephens - Vandeweghe
Townsend - Stosur - Kvitova
Isner - Wawrinka - Sock - Berdych - Raonic

Bonfire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #3684
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I saw a great comment on Roger today at another forum...."I hate it when people compare God to Federer. I mean, I don't deny that he's great, but he's no Federer."
That is funny but God would not have blown a 5-2 first set lead over Nadal in the 2011 Roland Garros final (that set is going to haunt me to my grave).

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #3685
country flag DownInAHole

Grrr, one thing that makes Federer's loss to Roddick sting a bit more is the fact that Andy lost his next match (Juan Moanaco). Tough to say with any certainty but I feel very confident that Roger would have defeated Juan and then Fish in the quarters. This was a relatively easy draw to the semis that Federer squandered.

Old Mar 30th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #3686
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Grrr, one thing that makes Federer's loss to Roddick sting a bit more is the fact that Andy lost his next match (Juan Moanaco). Tough to say with any certainty but I feel very confident that Roger would have defeated Juan and then Fish in the quarters. This was a relatively easy draw to the semis that Federer squandered.
Yah, Fed probably would have. This is a big blow to his goal to get back #2 particularly by the French Open and eventually #1.
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #3687
country flag Protoss

Why when a double fault is challenged successfully or overruled does the server get another 1st serve? Why don't they replay the point with a 2nd serve again?
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #3688
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

I think if it's challenged correctly, they get a 2nd serve. If it's overruled they start the point over, meaning 1st serve. It's not quite fair but it is that way, as I understand it.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #3689
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why when a double fault is challenged successfully or overruled does the server get another 1st serve? Why don't they replay the point with a 2nd serve again?
The thinking probably is that when the server had a good serve called out wrong and then overturned it breaks their rhytm/concentration and it wouldn't be fair to have them serve 2nd serve again.
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #3690
country flag Protoss

Someone should tweet the unofficial hawkeye review of that match point to Caro. Heh.
Closed Thread