On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 237 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM   #3541
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Stuttgart is one tournament where I wouldn't mind seeing her make an early exit. Her clay schedule was too heavy last year and I'm afraid it will be again this year. I would rather she peaks near the end (Roland Garros) than near the beginning.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM   #3542
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

It's not as heavy this year as she's skipping Charleston. If anything, she should skip Brussels as well, pretty much all top players play Suttgart, Madrid & Rome.

My Tennis Photography - Flickr
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 08:25 PM   #3543
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
It's not as heavy this year as she's skipping Charleston. If anything, she should skip Brussels as well, pretty much all top players play Suttgart, Madrid & Rome.
Has she released a schedule yet?

I could be mistaken but I think that playing Charleston last year was a last minute decision. I hope she does skip it but being the defending champion I wouldn't be surprised if she felt that she had to play there again.

Edit: Don't forget Copenhagen too. I think her schedule will be similar to last April/May.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 09:26 PM   #3544
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know where do you have her schedule from to say she is not playing Charleston as the one on her website is from last season. If she is to improve she needs to be playing and she said that she aims to win as many tournaments as possible so I wouldn't be so sure that she is reducing the no. of events played.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 09:39 PM   #3545
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I don't know where do you have her schedule from to say she is not playing Charleston as the one on her website is from last season. If she is to improve she needs to be playing and she said that she aims to win as many tournaments as possible so I wouldn't be so sure that she is reducing the no. of events played.
She's not listed in the draw for Charleston, Radwanska is the top seed.

My Tennis Photography - Flickr
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:23 AM   #3546
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I could do that. But then again.
Operation GoldPenguin has gotten pretty intense...in case you haven't noticed...and it's fair to assume that Paul is rather smitten with both Lucy Liu and Sharapova.These developments couldn't have come soon enough cuz there are a couple silly,absent-minded souls who are trying to turn this particular corner of Caro's forum into a Tennis Thread....Que gallegos sonsas!

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 08:55 AM   #3547
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Somos quienes somos: hinchas Wozniackis, aye?

Es suficiente aquí. Es en mi panel de control. Yo no ir allí, pero no comentar cada vez, sí?

Algunas personas aquí no les gusta estas referencias.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 09:51 AM   #3548
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Es suficiente aquí. Es en mi panel de control. Yo no ir allí, pero no comentar cada vez, sí?

Well,I think I know what you were TRYING to say from the tourist's dictionary but,as for the last bit--tough shit!I do my part by confining my comments in the other threads and,aside from the main TF standards of comportment,that's not required so much right here

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:16 AM   #3549

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,I think I know what you were TRYING to say from the tourist's dictionary but,as for the last bit--tough shit!I do my part by confining my comments in the other threads and,aside from the main TF standards of comportment,that's not required so much right here
Aye, well. At least I'm trying language-wise. Or perhaps I should give up? Wasn't aware fluency could be attained in such a reasonably short space of time.

That of course, generally ignores the fact that I deliberately posted it in Spanish to try to make my point without it sorta seeming like I was trying to put you down or whatever in front of everyone else.

As far as the rest of it goes, whatever. Fact is, you're sorta making me feel a bit down the way you keep 'reminding' me to come over to a forum that I rarely post in and a thread that comes up on my subscribed threads list, as if I don't have the mental capacity to be able to follow it sans prompting from yourself. I'm willing to play along with the whole GoldPenguin thing but will quite possibly become less willing if the whole experience includes your good self coming over here and sorta taking a sly jab (even in jest) at the rest of the forum for trying to keep this topic at least Caro-related to some degree for some period of time.

Unlike certain other people I *am* trying to make an effort to be amicable towards you. Might be worth remembering that next time you decide to criticise my skills in a language I haven't been learning very long and relating to a country that I've spent about two days in, total.
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM   #3550
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Aye, well. At least I'm trying language-wise. Or perhaps I should give up? Wasn't aware fluency could be attained in such a reasonably short space of time.

That of course, generally ignores the fact that I deliberately posted it in Spanish to try to make my point without it sorta seeming like I was trying to put you down or whatever in front of everyone else.

As far as the rest of it goes, whatever. Fact is, you're sorta making me feel a bit down the way you keep 'reminding' me to come over to a forum that I rarely post in and a thread that comes up on my subscribed threads list, as if I don't have the mental capacity to be able to follow it sans prompting from yourself. I'm willing to play along with the whole GoldPenguin thing but will quite possibly become less willing if the whole experience includes your good self coming over here and sorta taking a sly jab (even in jest) at the rest of the forum for trying to keep this topic at least Caro-related to some degree for some period of time.

Unlike certain other people I *am* trying to make an effort to be amicable towards you. Might be worth remembering that next time you decide to criticise my skills in a language I haven't been learning very long and relating to a country that I've spent about two days in, total.
My joking with you was intended to be friendly,and I'm sorry that I've failed,once again,in that regard.You are,indeed,a very pleasant fellow and I've enjoyed your contributions here.....Honestly,I didn't feel one ounce of antipathy towards the other posters I mentioned,either

Will refrain from nagging you with any more of those reminders you referred to,and I wish you a blessed day

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM   #3551
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Google translate is King!

We are who we are: fans Wozniackis, aye?

It is sufficient here. It is in my control panel. I do not go there, but not comment every time, yes?

Some people here do not like these references.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:28 PM   #3552
country flag bruce goose

My gf asked me about the high-school shooting by a student in the U.S. that made our papers here,and I told her that,when I was a young boy there,such killings were pretty much non-existent.......Could offer speculation on the remarkable increase in frequency in those incidents...but that might dampen the mood even more

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM   #3553

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Google translate is King!

We are who we are: fans Wozniackis, aye?

It is sufficient here. It is in my control panel. I do not go there, but not comment every time, yes?

Some people here do not like these references.
The it is sufficient bit was supposed to be 'that's enough' or something, and the 'I do not go there..' was supposed to be 'I do go there, but I don't comment every time'. So near-ish. Ofc, your version was the translation of a hack-ish attempt on my part to interact in Spanish.
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3554

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
My joking with you was intended to be friendly,and I'm sorry that I've failed,once again,in that regard.You are,indeed,a very pleasant fellow and I've enjoyed your contributions here.....Honestly,I didn't feel one ounce of antipathy towards the other posters I mentioned,either

Will refrain from nagging you with any more of those reminders you referred to,and I wish you a blessed day

Aight boss, sorry.
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:43 PM   #3555
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The it is sufficient bit was supposed to be 'that's enough' or something, and the 'I do not go there..' was supposed to be 'I do go there, but I don't comment every time'. So near-ish. Ofc, your version was the translation of a hack-ish attempt on my part to interact in Spanish.
Yes, I got it was you trying your hands at Spanish. I just ran it through Google for curiousity. I especially liked the 'control panel'

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote