On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 236 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 25th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #3526
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Funnily enough I have the vinyl... Your post brought back memories Vince Clarke and the many coloured Electro Synth Hook Pop of the day... The AiC reference brought me to slapping on the culmination of that era for me, 'Spirit of Eden' by Talk Talk, which has some of the best drum action ever recorded, and a complete rejection of their origins.

Happy days
Hey, do you have that 15 minute version of "Silence"? The Quad thing?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3527
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Layne Staley must be a big clue, yes?
Because he shares the stage with Jerry Cantrell?

"I wanna hold the hand inside you"

Trick Q.
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #3528

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

I must say I have no idea.

As for the Cantrell thing, I wasn't sure who wrote the damn thing.
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #3529
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

I googled that first lyric you posted Mr BHS and it was Depeche Mode or something.

Also I searched what DIAH's username mighta been a while back around the same time I was googling his sig lyrics.

Also BHS can we go out drinking one day? You're way too kewl.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Because he shares the stage with Jerry Cantrell?

"I wanna hold the hand inside you"

Trick Q.
Someone guess this without le gargoyle.
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #3531
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

The Dave Clark Five's "Bits and Pieces?"

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #3532
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

No Hope Sandoval fans then? I'm surprised being that she is a thinking mans kind of gal...
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #3533
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Okay,for any Brits or suspense novel fans here: Just went with my gf to see the older Daniel Radcliffe who'd no longer be believable as a boy wizard.We saw 'The Woman in Black' with Spanish subtitles.Honestly,I'd rate the film as much better than the great majority of gratuitous American terror films.My only question is how the book resolves the ending of the tale.At the tail end of the film version,the Kipps character & his son are re-united with his wife and the ghastly villainess looks downtrodden that she failed to capture another child's soul...as if she had been utterly defeated.

I'm wondering if the novel goes into further detail: Does it specify that the wicked spirit's spell has been broken or does it leave things open-ended??That was the one poor aspect of the film;it never justified WHY this dead woman,who had committed suicide,would be allowed to possess the power to kill children and take their souls.From a horror flick standpoint,it would have been 'fair',so to speak,if the adoptive parents had shown cowardice by NOT trying to rescue her boy from drowning.However,the film didn't demonstrate that at all in the flashback scene.For all we viewers knew,the aunt and uncle really made a sincere effort and then anguished when they didn't succeed......Anyway,I was just curious if anyone could shed any light on that....no urgency,though

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #3534
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Update:I located a book summary which explained that the novel was far bleaker than the film....For me,the story fails in the sense that it makes a bullshit case for the dead spirit wreaking "vengeance" upon the living.It would be different if the antagonist had been an executed witch or demonic worshipper in her mortal life...or if she had been severely wronged somehow.However,it looks as if she merely had the sad misfortune of watching her child die,no cause whatsoever for murdering the innocent children of the townsfolk...not to mention that,if she had REALLY had such strong maternal yearnings within her,then how could she possess such an unquenchable desire to kill someone ELSE's children?

Don't get me wrong,the overall caliber of the storytelling was fairly good...it's just that it was ruined by that glaring,weak link above.You might compare it to a meal where most of the food was quite tasty...and then you found rat turds in your dessert

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #3535

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

So I was just being bored, clicking around and I thought I'd try to give myself rep (when I had it disabled), and someone had given me a good rep on that same post. So I went and undisabled my rep, and discovered I'd been getting loads of reps whilst I'd had rep disabled.

Weird.

When I tried repping someone who'd disabled rep a while back it didn't work.

Any ideas what the deal is?
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #3536
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
So I was just being bored, clicking around and I thought I'd try to give myself rep (when I had it disabled), and someone had given me a good rep on that same post. So I went and undisabled my rep, and discovered I'd been getting loads of reps whilst I'd had rep disabled.

Weird.

When I tried repping someone who'd disabled rep a while back it didn't work.

Any ideas what the deal is?
Penguin power is the greatest force in the universe?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3537

Nah.

And please don't encourage Bruce. Y'know what he's like with this penguin stuff.
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #3538
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Nah.

And please don't encourage Bruce. Y'know what he's like with this penguin stuff.
Obviously,it's an unstoppable force in SOME posters' views,and you surely don't need any photographic examples for whom.It's YOU who encourages your followers with your avy;if you didn't want the Elvis-like following,you could switch to another bird

Old Feb 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #3539

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Obviously,it's an unstoppable force in SOME posters' views,and you surely don't need any photographic examples for whom.It's YOU who encourages your followers with your avy;if you didn't want the Elvis-like following,you could switch to another bird
I could do that. But then again.
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM   #3540
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Look what I found in the mail today - I'm excited

My only worry is that Caro makes an exit after the first round and I don't get to see her play..

My Tennis Photography - Flickr
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote