On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 230 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #3436
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Rory and Danish golfer Thomas Bjørn share the lead in Dubai Desert Classic after two rounds, so Caro has two to root for!
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #3437
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
No,the thoughts run thru my head once in a while,but I don't dwell on them too much.....Btw,Paul could use a nice pat on the back after his successfully-completed mission
I gave him a good rep.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #3438
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that the Swiss lost their singles matches at home on clay to a couple of clay court clowns from the US. Ugh.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #3439
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I gave him a good rep.
He'll be on Cloud Nine for a while now--especially if his next batch of mushrooms is potent

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #3440
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Rory and Danish golfer Thomas Bjørn share the lead in Dubai Desert Classic after two rounds, so Caro has two to root for!
Well,I reckon that Caro is ready to commit treason if Rory has a good shot at winning

....And Protoss,you have my sympathy---losing to that garbage scow-clinging sea barnacle,Isner,might be enough to get even mild-mannered Fed into a violent mood

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #3441
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

CaroWozniacki
R.I.P Whitney Houston! She will be missed! One of the best female singers of all time!

R.I.P Whitney

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #3442
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
CaroWozniacki
R.I.P Whitney Houston! She will be missed! One of the best female singers of all time!

R.I.P Whitney
Yes, sad to hear about this.

Her voice was a great instrument, although I personally don't regard her as one of the greatest artists (in the artistic as opposed to the commercial meaning of the word), but she was a terrific talent for sure. With the right producer (one who didn't go for a glossy pop/r&b sound) and the right backing musicians I could have imagined her coming out with a great soul album. But it's all a matter of taste I suppose...

Anyway, RIP Whitney, we won't forget.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #3443
country flag bruce goose

Pretty much grew up in the U.S.,so I can tell you that lots of people probably aren't too surprised at this sad outcome.The fact that she even pursued marriage with Bobby Brown is a good indicator that she wasn't on solid footing,psychologically

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #3444
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I see Suarez has publicly apologised for not shaking hands with Evra before the match. I dunno what you guys thought but I struggle with what he did and what he thought was going to come out of it. I mean in the heat of battle or even after a match - yes I can understand plyers saying things or no handshake at the end of a heated match even if it's wrong. But this was a pre-meditated action before the match. It was supposed todraw a line behind the whole thing. It's not just him he has let down - he embarrassed Liverpool.

I mean that's two grovelling apologies he's had to make. And he's doing Liverpool no favours at all by this. I wonder if he has a brain or whether he is actually so full of hate that it's taken over his reason.

I also thought when he did that - Oh no - I wonder if Caro is going to get asked about that as a Liverpool fan. You see he embarrasses passionate supporters of the club by what he did. She won't want to sound off about it without knowing the full facts about it a. But she won't want to condone it either. Now Suarez has apologised - that's good. She can say that it was wrong and he has apologised for it.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #3445
country flag bruce goose

Sorry that Marion couldn't get her 1st title on French soil,but congrats to Kerber on her special moment.

In retrospect,the FFT looks pretty damned stupid for alienating Marion and siding with their various flavors of the month.There's now a huge gap between the French #1,Marion,and others...and France is basically a Punching Bag for the stronger FC teams now...sort of like France has done in most European wars

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #3446
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yes, sad to hear about this.

Her voice was a great instrument, although I personally don't regard her as one of the greatest artists (in the artistic as opposed to the commercial meaning of the word), but she was a terrific talent for sure. With the right producer (one who didn't go for a glossy pop/r&b sound) and the right backing musicians I could have imagined her coming out with a great soul album. But it's all a matter of taste I suppose...

Anyway, RIP Whitney, we won't forget.
Couldn't agree more, however she shone in the pop arena for sure. I would have linked to have seen a live acoustic set with her to see how she compared.

After seeing clips from her Australian tour at the time, It seems a such a waste...

RIP.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #3447
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I see Suarez has publicly apologised for not shaking hands with Evra before the match. I dunno what you guys thought but I struggle with what he did and what he thought was going to come out of it. I mean in the heat of battle or even after a match - yes I can understand plyers saying things or no handshake at the end of a heated match even if it's wrong. But this was a pre-meditated action before the match. It was supposed todraw a line behind the whole thing. It's not just him he has let down - he embarrassed Liverpool.

I mean that's two grovelling apologies he's had to make. And he's doing Liverpool no favours at all by this. I wonder if he has a brain or whether he is actually so full of hate that it's taken over his reason.

I also thought when he did that - Oh no - I wonder if Caro is going to get asked about that as a Liverpool fan. You see he embarrasses passionate supporters of the club by what he did. She won't want to sound off about it without knowing the full facts about it a. But she won't want to condone it either. Now Suarez has apologised - that's good. She can say that it was wrong and he has apologised for it.
I think it's fair to say Suarez feels very let down by Evra. Personally I can understand his refusal (based on statements), and found Evra's reaction telling and disappointing. Let's face it, we will never have the full story, so better leave it as a cultural failure of undetermined proportions. The PC apologies are pointless but obligatory in a tabloid run world.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #3448
country flag bruce goose

My gf's work shift runs from 3:30pm-12:30am Mon-Fri,and I work during the normal day hours,so we had our Valentine's Day get-together two days early and it was quite pleasant.I hope that any other schedule-challenged posters found a similarly-nice alternative

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #3449
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I gave him a good rep.
Just to keep you updated,Paul has begun his latest mission in your service

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #3450
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

This is the thread for off topic rambling, chit chat, that sort of thing not the video thread or even the Danish Delight thread.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote