On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 228 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #3406
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
If anyone has concerns about looking even remotely desperate then a simple solution is to not to associate with her fans here, or question their association with the sort of shallow trolls that would lead to such sentiments.

It's frankly a ridiculous suggestion. Caroline has already had two terms at number 1 and there is every chance she will have a 3rd.

Pandering to the sort of poster that is prepared to post vile unfounded vitriol, defamation disguised as opinion, and or is here to bolster their ego rather than follow tennis, is absurd.

[/quote]Actually,I was trying to help YOU and other posters like you who have a hissy fit over some of the trolls' GM posts.The title doesn't bother ME one bit though I think it looks a little dumb compared to the logical alternative......Just don't be surprised if,in the event that Caro DOESN'T come close to #1 anytime soon,the mockery gets pretty heavy and offensive

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #3407
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Keep the faith, Bruce. Barring significant injury Sabine will be a top ten player by the end of 2012. I'm thinking somewhere around six-eight.
For me to 'keep' the faith,I'd have to have some in the first place.Actually,I do have a little bit of faith in Sabine: I trust her to back out of subsequent tourneys whenever she has an embarrassing choke or mental meltdown-related loss....I trust her to have injuries that result from poor training habits....I trust her to attribute her WDs to vague illnesses such as 'viral infections' (as she seeks to avoid fines)...and other Sabine classics such as 'split ends','excessive acne conglomeration' or 'fractured eyelashes'.....Oh,and I also trust her to assert that none of these life-threatening conditions will stop her from prancing in front of the camera

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #3408
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Actually,I was trying to help YOU and other posters like you who have a hissy fit over some of the trolls' GM posts.The title doesn't bother ME one bit though I think it looks a little dumb compared to the logical alternative......Just don't be surprised if,in the event that Caro DOESN'T come close to #1 anytime soon,the mockery gets pretty heavy and offensive
Pedophile, Hitler, scrub, fugly, whore, bitch, die...

How is it possible to get more offensive?

Hissy fit? seriously...

Doesn't, is irrelevant to that thread...

Dumb compared to let's say 'Hello Kvitty'? ok... The thread tittle is precise and to the point of purpose, just as the already existing ranking thread is to its purpose.

Having been a poster in this section for a while, I get the sense that 99% of the posters here are more than capable of comprehending the reality of what the abuse is about, and I'm pretty sure they also let out a huge sigh of disappointment at the profound contrast in terms of juvenility and sordidness in some player sections compared to here... Any poster that seriously thinks that insulting a thread name would have any impact on the posters here has serious mental issues. What they say is irrelevant, It's what they are, and any reasonable and rational poster on TF is fully aware of what actions that dictates.

“Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are.” Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #3409
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Pedophile, Hitler, scrub, fugly, whore, bitch, die...

How is it possible to get more offensive?

Hissy fit? seriously...

Doesn't, is irrelevant to that thread...

Dumb compared to let's say 'Hello Kvitty'? ok... The thread tittle is precise and to the point of purpose, just as the already existing ranking thread is to its purpose.

Having been a poster in this section for a while, I get the sense that 99% of the posters here are more than capable of comprehending the reality of what the abuse is about, and I'm pretty sure they also let out a huge sigh of disappointment at the profound contrast in terms of juvenility and sordidness in some player sections compared to here... Any poster that seriously thinks that insulting a thread name would have any impact on the posters here has serious mental issues. What they say is irrelevant, It's what they are, and any reasonable and rational poster on TF is fully aware of what actions that dictates.

“Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are.” Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
'Hello Kvitty' is a pretty stupid name,and a few of us tried our best to change it...albeit unsuccessfully.By comparing Caro's thread name to THAT one,you're almost admitting guilt.

Listen,I was only trying to help because I've seen how bent out of shape you've gotten--though you're usually a lot more composed than others--over these same trolls whom you supposedly couldn't care less about.If you're now saying that they never bother you,it sounds quite Revisionist but I applaud you on not feeding into their inbred lunacy.

As I said--to ME--it will look downright stupid to have a thread referring to Caroline's former #1 status if she goes a year or two w/o getting back there.'Rankings Thread' just sounds more logical...and would be accurate regardless of Caro's current status........but,hey,whatever you guys want

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 04:10 AM   #3410
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Guilt? Pointing out a difference by example is not as to provide a burden of association to my argument, However,

A thread with a tittle precise and to the point of purpose is just that, a well titled thread.

On the other hand a player section with reference to character aimed at the pre-adolescent female market? While I concede that it is probably fully appropriate to the posters therein, it is as you concede, stupid, and perhaps not a coincidence based on the groundswell of juvenile trolls in that section.

Do I look bothered?

Wasps annoy me, mosquitos annoy me, disruptive kids that ruin conversations annoy me, cockroaches annoy you... Do I think or stress about them? No, you swat, poisson, trap, or discipline them. A flick of the wrist is as bothered as I will ever be by an obnoxious troll. Is the Law bothered by them? Apparently it is and increasingly so. Is Admin? increasingly so, Should you be? absolutely. Anyone having to make concessions to, or accommodate disruptive posters of the nature we are talking about should be bothered enough to draw their attention to Admin, Authority, or who ever is responsible for policing the media that they are polluting. It takes as little effort as a flick of the wrist to load up tools, take notes, send, and deal with the situation. It's no more of a bother than removing broken glass or shovelling snow or dog faeces from the pavement, or any other action that accommodates other peoples humanity or safe passage.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #3411
country flag bruce goose

Well,I can't honestly comment on how you LOOK thanks to the appropriate anonymity of this forum,but I'm glad it's clear--I'm assuming it IS--that I feel no hostility towards the fans who like the current rankings thread name

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #3412
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
'Hello Kvitty'?
That's pretty cute, actually. Cute, inviting, friendly....More so than my old idea for renaming this player section - "The Wozniacki Maniacs Board" or "Wozzy Maniacs United."
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #3413
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
For me to 'keep' the faith,I'd have to have some in the first place.Actually,I do have a little bit of faith in Sabine: I trust her to back out of subsequent tourneys whenever she has an embarrassing choke or mental meltdown-related loss....I trust her to have injuries that result from poor training habits....I trust her to attribute her WDs to vague illnesses such as 'viral infections' (as she seeks to avoid fines)...and other Sabine classics such as 'split ends','excessive acne conglomeration' or 'fractured eyelashes'.....Oh,and I also trust her to assert that none of these life-threatening conditions will stop her from prancing in front of the camera
I prefer to think that she has just had tremendously bad luck but time will tell. She has had an awful not of injuries so I can't really argue your "points." If she can stay healthy and build some momentum I think she can be a top player and a threat to win a slam (at least at Wimbledon). It would be great if another one of the younger players stepped up and helped to push the old guard out of the way.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3414
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday to the biggest Caro fan in the universe!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #3415
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Happy birthday to the biggest Caro fan in the universe!
Thanks, but my birthday is in July.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #3416
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Thanks, but my birthday is in July.
I wrote the biggest not the most perverted

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #3417
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I wrote the biggest not the most perverted

Well, happy birthday!
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #3418
country flag CWTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post

Well, happy birthday!

Thank you!

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #3419
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you!
Happy birthday from me too
Da Caro brigade forever
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3420
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

s dreamer82, that is a very aggressive new avatar you have. I heartily approve but I suspect that dear Caroline's ears start to burn if she even hears the word "bitches" and she would never be so crass as to actually say it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread