On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 227 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #3391
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
Sorry I haven't been here to update! I've won my last two matches...playing like a pro, haha. Really. I'm hitting so hard now it's ridiculous. I won 6-0,6-1, and my last match I won 6-2, 6-1. I have a f ew things to do tonight but I will write about tomorrows match tomorrow night. I have 3 matches this week so I'm busy!

I wanted to say that I'm now a part-time journalist on Yahoo!Sports under tennis. Here is my first blog: http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ycn-10906233
I will be trying to write 2-3 articles a week so keep posted
Well done Nat. I wonder if in each player's forum - there was a women's tennis competition between the best tennis player in each forum - I wonder who would win. I think we Caro fans must have a winner Ha Ha.

Interesting blog from you on screaming. I hate screaming with a passion and think it should be cracked down. I don't blame the players that do it. They have no incentive to stop. I blame the WTA for not having the guts to do something about it.

The one thing on your blog I must comment on is that those who don't like it can always just turn the volume down. Yes - but I like to hear the linejudges in/out calls. I like to hear what the commentators are saying. Watching a tennis match in silence is far less enjoyable to me than watching it with volume on. And the shriekers ruin that.

P.S - I hope you are not a shrieker like Masha and Vika on every shot. I'd still like you but I just hope you don't.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #3392
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Well done Nat. I wonder if in each player's forum - there was a women's tennis competition between the best tennis player in each forum - I wonder who would win. I think we Caro fans must have a winner Ha Ha.

Interesting blog from you on screaming. I hate screaming with a passion and think it should be cracked down. I don't blame the players that do it. They have no incentive to stop. I blame the WTA for not having the guts to do something about it.

The one thing on your blog I must comment on is that those who don't like it can always just turn the volume down. Yes - but I like to hear the linejudges in/out calls. I like to hear what the commentators are saying. Watching a tennis match in silence is far less enjoyable to me than watching it with volume on. And the shriekers ruin that.

P.S - I hope you are not a shrieker like Masha and Vika on every shot. I'd still like you but I just hope you don't.
I don't like shrieking, but I would never EVER considering turning the volume down because I find 'silent tennis' where you can't hear players hit the ball and don't get a feel of the atmosphere out there very boring. I find it annoying when commentators (or whoever is responsible) turn down the volume of the on-court sound because they find the sound of their own voices more important. I like to hear everything that you would hear if you were a spectator sitting in the stand. And although I dislike the shrieking of some players - I dislike commentators going on and on about it even more. Like before the Azarenka/Sharapova match one of the commentators said, "I'm fed up with everyone talking about the grunting all the time." Well, guess who continued talking about it every couple of games or so.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #3393
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Hard to pick a fave, really. Probably a Roger Moore one.

Let's go with Moonraker.
Though it might not really appeal to you,Paul suggested naming his next mission(after the current one,South Pole-raker),'Penguins Are Forever'.If that suggested title doesn't bother you too much,it'd mean a whole lot to Paul,I'm sure,if he had your approval

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #3394
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Though it might not really appeal to you,Paul suggested naming his next mission(after the current one,South Pole-raker),'Penguins Are Forever'.If that suggested title doesn't bother you too much,it'd mean a whole lot to Paul,I'm sure,if he had your approval
It's his decision.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #3395
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
It's his decision.
Just passed along the good news to your faithful operative

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #3396
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't like shrieking, but I would never EVER considering turning the volume down because I find 'silent tennis' where you can't hear players hit the ball and don't get a feel of the atmosphere out there very boring. I find it annoying when commentators (or whoever is responsible) turn down the volume of the on-court sound because they find the sound of their own voices more important. I like to hear everything that you would hear if you were a spectator sitting in the stand. And although I dislike the shrieking of some players - I dislike commentators going on and on about it even more. Like before the Azarenka/Sharapova match one of the commentators said, "I'm fed up with everyone talking about the grunting all the time." Well, guess who continued talking about it every couple of games or so.
Don't wanna clutter the other thread with my opinions,but Terjw has a stronger case there b/c very few players pretentiously boast about how patriotic they are while doing so pathetically little for their FC teams...it's part of the Buster Douglas the Fraud's media packaging from her PR team......along with her war heroine stories of how she supposedly bravely stepped over corpses and ducked artillery fire on her way to the abandoned swimming pool

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #3397
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is REALLY off topic, and I only post this because it was in my (tennisplayer) Twitter timeline.
What a golden gif!

@henrikontinen Henri Kontinen
husband of our soon to be ex-president getting nearly caught but manages to hold his poker face like a real politician

@freddienielsen Frederik Nielsen
@henrikontinen Hahaha - the danish princess is good eyecandy though! Good luck this week - hope to see you in a promotion match this year!

And of course, he does get caught. Both by her and the camera. If looks could kill...
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #3398
country flag bruce goose

That was a pretty awesome contribution there,'Backhand'....If I may make a humble suggestion,why not re-name that other thread,'Caroline's Rankings Thread' or something similar.IMO,keeping the current title makes her fans look a bit desperate...it doesn't BOTHER me at all but,like I suggested,the words sound a bit silly and asinine at this point....at least until she has a better shot at re-claiming #1

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #3399
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, c'mon guys, he is obviously ogling her jewellery. Well, that is the excuse I would have used.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 07:24 AM   #3400
country flag bruce goose

By the way,DIAH,Lisicki miraculously withdrew from Paris Indoor yesterday...but that's understandable since she just played Fed Cup,so it would've been the equivalent of two tourneys in a row...which exceeds her one-tournament-per-month limit.She used the always popular 'viral illness' alibi(that's one of Buster's favorites whenever she wants to spend more time in her bf's hotel room),but she had to concoct SOMEthing after laying an egg on German soil during FC,including a loss to the juggernaut Benesova.Then again,Mattek-Sands is there in Paris,so maybe Sabine contracted her virus by sharing tattoo needles with Bethanie....We'll know that was the culprit if anyone notices a camel tattooed on Sabine's buttocks on her next trip to the beach

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #3401
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the faith, Bruce. Barring significant injury Sabine will be a top ten player by the end of 2012. I'm thinking somewhere around six-eight.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #3402
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was a pretty awesome contribution there,'Backhand'....If I may make a humble suggestion,why not re-name that other thread,'Caroline's Rankings Thread' or something similar.IMO,keeping the current title makes her fans look a bit desperate...it doesn't BOTHER me at all but,like I suggested,the words sound a bit silly and asinine at this point....at least until she has a better shot at re-claiming #1
QuietPlease would be the one to ask, but good idea. It is a bit ill-fitting now.

As for the gif, does it make anyone else instantly think of that scene in Superbad?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3403
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why would we look desperate. Those who are not fans are in GM and do not troll here. Or am I mistaken?
If so, I'd leave it as it is just for that purpose alone.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #3404
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Why would we look desperate. Those who are not fans are in GM and do not troll here. Or am I mistaken?
If so, I'd leave it as it is just for that purpose alone.
I sometimes notice "those who are not fans" (nice way of putting it btw ) check out this forum, although they never (or rarely) post.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #3405
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone has concerns about looking even remotely desperate then a simple solution is to not to associate with her fans here, or question their association with the sort of shallow trolls that would lead to such sentiments.

It's frankly a ridiculous suggestion. Caroline has already had two terms at number 1 and there is every chance she will have a 3rd.

Pandering to the sort of poster that is prepared to post vile unfounded vitriol, defamation disguised as opinion, and or is here to bolster their ego rather than follow tennis, is absurd.

[/quote]

Last edited by Burisleif : Feb 7th, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread