On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 222 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #3316
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

And a big congrats to the Danish Handball team for Winning the euros.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #3317
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
And a big congrats to the Danish Handball team for Winning the euros.
A more riveting handball match you will never see.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3318
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

I think I'd like to be a handball goalie.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #3319
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
How many slam finals and semi-finals has Verdasco had? Compared to Murray?

I mean seriously Bruce, this is ridiculous. Plenty of people have played well against Nadal. Robin Haase did brilliantly against him at Wimbledon. And where's he now, rankings-wise?
I have to agree. I don't really like Murray and he is clearly a step below Djokovic and Nadal but right now so is Roger Federer. There is no triumvirate, there is Novak and the rest of the field. Arguably the only reason that Nadal is currently holding a slam is because Federer managed to knock off Djokovic in the 2011 Roland Garros semi-final. Maybe Nadal would have won anyway due to it being a best of five but Djokovic defeated him very handily in two other clay court finals. I dearly hope to see them play in this years final to see if Nadal can be beaten in a Roland Garros final.

As far as Murray is concerned right now he is equal to Federer, maybe better.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #3320
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How many slam finals and semi-finals has Verdasco had? Compared to Murray?

I mean seriously Bruce, this is ridiculous. Plenty of people have played well against Nadal. Robin Haase did brilliantly against him at Wimbledon. And where's he now, rankings-wise?
You were so impassioned that you called me 'Burce' the first time around

If you wanna get technical,Dinara has had THREE Slam finals to Andy's two...and she even reached #1,which Andy will never ever do unless Nole,Rafa and Fed die together in some plane crash on a promotional tour.Are you suggesting that Dinara was an Elite WTA player on par with the WS,Henin,Clijsters,et al?

You've actually helped prove my point with your Haase reference;an isolated,competitive match--while Nole was playing poorly,at that--doesn't,IN ANY WAY,show that Andy has "broken through".....the solution to this is quite simple.If Murray ever DOES miraculously win a Slam,then I apologize to you(and other fans)...and,indirectly,to him.....if he reverts to his normal self,then I'll have been proven right....Fair enough?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #3321
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I have to agree. I don't really like Murray and he is clearly a step below Djokovic and Nadal but right now so is Roger Federer. There is no triumvirate, there is Novak and the rest of the field. Arguably the only reason that Nadal is currently holding a slam is because Federer managed to knock off Djokovic in the 2011 Roland Garros semi-final. Maybe Nadal would have won anyway due to it being a best of five but Djokovic defeated him very handily in two other clay court finals. I dearly hope to see them play in this years final to see if Nadal can be beaten in a Roland Garros final.

As far as Murray is concerned right now he is equal to Federer, maybe better.
You MIGHt be right,but it's not due to any real improvement by Murray...only that Fed has faded somewhat as age takes its toll

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #3322

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You were so impassioned that you called me 'Burce' the first time around

If you wanna get technical,Dinara has had THREE Slam finals to Andy's two...and she even reached #1,which Andy will never ever do unless Nole,Rafa and Fed die together in some plane crash on a promotional tour.Are you suggesting that Dinara was an Elite WTA player on par with the WS,Henin,Clijsters,et al?

You've actually helped prove my point with your Haase reference;an isolated,competitive match--while Nole was playing poorly,at that--doesn't,IN ANY WAY,that Andy has "broken through".....the solution to this is quite simple.If Murray ever DOES miraculously win a Slam,then I apologize to you(and other fans)...and,indirectly,to him.....if he reverts to his normal self,then I'll have been proven right....Fair enough?
Andy's had three slam finals, Burce.

If you wanna get technical.

What you're actually doing is basically going Murray lost to Djokovic, ergo he's not capable of winning a grand slam.

Simona beat Li Na. And Kuznetsova. Perhaps she'll win RG.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #3323
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Andy's had three slam finals, Burce.

If you wanna get technical.

What you're actually doing is basically going Murray lost to Djokovic, ergo he's not capable of winning a grand slam.

Simona beat Li Na. And Kuznetsova. Perhaps she'll win RG.
Oops!He was so uncompetitive in all three that his runner-up finishes were more of a procedural formality....JUST like with Dinara....I notice that you avoided my comparison there...and you also avoided my challenge which was on VERY fair terms,IMO.Do you insist on some tribute song by me if hell freezes over and
Andy actually wins a Slam final?If so,you'll have to offer something in return when he inevitably falls short.

You badly misinterpreted my post;I'm saying that he won't win a slam because he's Overrated...not nearly as close to the Triumvirate(IF Fed still belongs there,that is) as the ATP pretends he is...and that he's mostly gutless,too....If Nole had been anywhere near his 2011 level,Andy would've psychologically quit in the 1st set

Good luck to Simona,btw...she's a real cutie-pie...for her benefit,though,keep her away from Ana so she doesn't make a joke of her career

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #3324

Quote:
Oops!He was so uncompetitive in all three that his runner-up finishes were more of a procedural formality....JUST like with Dinara....I notice that you avoided my comparison there...and you also avoided my challenge which was on VERY fair terms,IMO.Do you insist on some tribute song by me if hell freezes over and
Andy actually wins a Slam final?If so,you'll have to offer something in return when he inevitably falls short.

You badly misinterpreted my post;I'm saying that he won't win a slam because he's Overrated...not nearly as close to the Triumvirate(IF Fed still belongs there,that is) as the ATP pretends he is...and that he's mostly gutless,too....If Nole had been anywhere near his 2011 level,Andy would've psychologically quit in the 1st set

Good luck to Simona,btw...she's a real cutie-pie...for her benefit,though,keep her away from Ana so she doesn't make a joke of her career
Part of the point of working with Lendl seems to be that it'll hopefully improve the mental side of his game. And therefore stop those sorts of performances in finals of grand slams (which he is capable of bettering very easily). I avoided your comparison because I don't know enough about Dinara to be able to confirm or deny its validity.

In terms of his inventory he's behind only Federer and Mayer possibly on the whole tour.

This way Lendl seems to be trying to work on Murray's mental game has not come a moment too soon, IMO. I think historically certain people have pandered to it or thought it was a good thing. As far as I'm concerned it either is or was the only difference between him and a grand slam victory.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #3325
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Part of the point of working with Lendl seems to be that it'll hopefully improve the mental side of his game. And therefore stop those sorts of performances in finals of grand slams (which he is capable of bettering very easily). I avoided your comparison because I don't know enough about Dinara to be able to confirm or deny its validity.

In terms of his inventory he's behind only Federer and Mayer possibly on the whole tour.

This way Lendl seems to be trying to work on Murray's mental game has not come a moment too soon, IMO. I think historically certain people have pandered to it or thought it was a good thing. As far as I'm concerned it either is or was the only difference between him and a grand slam victory.
Well,if it's any consolation to you,I don't dislike him as a person(if aye DID,I wouldn't be shy about saying it) so,as I said before,I'll salute him if he ever breaks through.

Can't figure out why you're more patriotic for your adopted UK than you are for your true brethren,the South Polar players on the ATP tour.

Seriously,though,keep Simona away from Ana...and Dulko...and Cibulkova...and Mattek-Sands....let her tag along with boring,wholesome Kim who'd offer her a great role model

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #3326

Quote:
Well,if it's any consolation to you,I don't dislike him as a person(if aye DID,I wouldn't be shy about saying it) so,as I said before,I'll salute him if he ever breaks through.

Can't figure out why you're more patriotic for your adopted UK than you are for your true brethren,the South Polar players on the ATP tour.

Seriously,though,keep Simona away from Ana...and Dulko...and Cibulkova...and Mattek-Sands....let her tag along with boring,wholesome Kim who'd offer her a great role model
Simona's a smart girl. I think the breast reduction thing shows she's more interested in her career than being famous for her body.

Not really sure Antarctica's a hotbed of tennis.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #3327
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Simona's a smart girl. I think the breast reduction thing shows she's more interested in her career than being famous for her body.

Not really sure Antarctica's a hotbed of tennis.
Yeah,it's hard to associate your homeland with a 'hot'bed...or anything else that's hot.However,the late 1800's produced such legends as Jasper 'Ice Cold' Isley,'Glacier' Glea Sutton and Joe 'The Pale Walrus' Redding.Back in those days,SW 19 was considered 'North Wimbledon' and the Antarctic event was called 'South Wimbledon'.However,the hegemony and media influence of the British Empire in the early part of the 20th Century allowed them to discredit and undermine their southern rivals until they became obsolete...sort of like British tennis has been in THIS century

Will just briefly mention that,IMO,breasts are a vastly-overrated aspect of female beauty,and I'm pleased that brassiere advancements have persuaded more women to avoid polluting their bodies with nasty additives.....That's not really relevant in Simona's case,but I'm glad that she chose to further her tennis career by getting that reduction

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #3328
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think I'd like to be a handball goalie.
Intrigued... prey tell.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #3329

Quote:
Yeah,it's hard to associate your homeland with a 'hot'bed...or anything else that's hot.However,the late 1800's produced such legends as Jasper 'Ice Cold' Isley,'Glacier' Glea Sutton and Joe 'The Pale Walrus' Redding.Back in those days,SW 19 was considered 'North Wimbledon' and the Antarctic event was called 'South Wimbledon'.However,the hegemony and media influence of the British Empire in the early part of the 20th Century allowed them to discredit and undermine their southern rivals until they became obsolete...sort of like British tennis has been in THIS century

Will just briefly mention that,IMO,breasts are a vastly-overrated aspect of female beauty,and I'm pleased that brassiere advancements have persuaded more women to avoid polluting their bodies with nasty additives.....That's not really relevant in Simona's case,but I'm glad that she chose to further her tennis career by getting that reduction
I think she looks better with the reduction than she did before.

Quite an achievement r.e. the 1800s Antarctica players. Especially since Scott and Shackleton didn't actually set foot on the continent until 1900.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #3330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Intrigued... prey tell.
I caught a bit of match at the last Olympics (I think it was the last gold medal to be decided or something). Seemed like the kinda thing I might be reasonably good at (the saving, rather than the throwing).
Closed Thread