On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 210 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #3136
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
was just wondering...is there REALLY such a dorky song as that in the U.K. or was it concocted just for that TV show?
I don't know.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #3137
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

A quick question for postal...

What exactly have you been doing to spread Olde Norse derivatives so well among both the Mexicans and Portuguese?

Astounding seeding of colloquialisms, aye?
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #3138
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

I'm just too hip, baby.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #3139
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

Hey guys! Just wanted to share something funny that happened in my match this afternoon. The new season has started and these wins mean everything - no pressure though, haha. Anyway, it was super cold this morning, through to the afternoon so it was a slow start in the match. When I was down 2-3 in the first set, the lady hit a ball cross-court that was clearly wide (at least 20 mm). She said "are you sure? That looked in to me". I said "No. It was clearly wide. There was a space". So then when I was down 5-6 (still the first set, mind you) and we went into a long ralley. SHe made her way to the net and tried to put the ball away but I kept returning it back. I went to lob her with my backhand but I slipped and it ended up very short by the sideline. It was slow and loopy so I watched it as it landed and hit the sideline. She said "Out". That did it...I blew up. "You can't be serious!! Really??!?! COME ON!! That was IN!!! It was right in front of me! How could you call that out? COME ON!!" She said "Well you called that other ball that I thought was in out". Pffftt...what a b**ch! Well...I got so fired up that I hit nothing but winners and aces in the tiebreak. Stupid woman trying to steal my point....now I know how it feels like to be Jo-Willy

Anyway, I thought that was funny, haha. But next time I'm calling out an umpire. She cheated on a lot of other shots, but I couldn't see those very well but good players know when they've hit a shot out. You can feel it.

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #3140
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Sounds like typical P G Wodehouse satirical lyrics to me...

1990 is old

IMDB has a full cast list that should find you a youtube of the video...

A shame Laurie was lost to comedy... he seems to have been the glue that held the team together... Only Roan went on to serious comedic success but never as cultured as when with the rest of the team.

I assume you know "Black Adder"?
As you might surmise,most of my countrymen have difficulty figuring out the British accent,but the comedies we've referred to are quite popular in the States amongst refined comedy aficionados,Black Adder included.I had a couple American acquaintances who loved 'Are You Being Served?'

Also,even though he was buffoonish,I appreciated Benny Hill because his crudeness wasn't nearly as vulgar as much of the American so-called comedy is;there was almost an innocence to his lunacy

Btw,hello Natalie,and continued good luck with your development

In living quarters news,I saw my first roach in about 2 months and,just for some variety,I killed him/her quickly by applying a decently-thick layer of insecticide on its exoskeleton.It spun in a circle before flopping on its back...it was an entertaining change of pace

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #3141
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Whew. Fed wins the 1st set tiebreak against Karlovic saving a set point at 5-6 in the tiebreak (Karlovic serving).
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #3142
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bruce...maybe you should hurry down to the Australian Open to deal with those stinkin bugs on the court that they have.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #3143
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Bruce, you should start waterboarding those bugs, but let them live to tell their little annoying friends.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #3144
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Vika is becoming extremely unpopular in GM. If she and Caro will face off in SF I think many trolls would actually vote for Caro as the lesser evil!
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #3145
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

She's a threat to the holy threesome known as Petra-Maria Williams. So no wonder that she's getting some flak.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #3146
country flag Protoss

It sucks that most of the Wta matches for today are already over. I wish they had spread them out more.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #3147

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
It sucks that most of the Wta matches for today are already over. I wish they had spread them out more.
Kim, Li and JJ still to come.

Edit: Jankovic-McHale moved to RLA, up next!
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #3148
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Kim, Li and JJ still to come.

Edit: Jankovic-McHale moved to RLA, up next!
Trying to stay awake for JJ McH but it looks to be a long way off... Not sure it's worth the lost day...
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 04:10 AM   #3149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Trying to stay awake for JJ McH but it looks to be a long way off... Not sure it's worth the lost day...
They're on court!
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #3150
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
They're on court!
The streams must have switched or they switched the court?