On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #3121
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

gonna change my job in order to have more time with my family and more time to follow caro

hard to have any time for personal stuff with my current job

Last edited by jasminefu623 : Jan 17th, 2012 at 04:41 AM.
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #3122
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Sonic the Hedgehog is now in a commercial for Progressive Insurance. That's cool.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #3123
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I finally saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol over the weekend. I thought it was very good.

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 17th, 2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #3124
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I finally saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocal over the weekend. I thought it was very good.
yes, watch the movie last week, i think it is a good movie, quite exciting
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #3125
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I am a massive fan but I was a little gutted by Flavia's premature exit and now I see that Flavio (her ATP counterpart) has been bounced. Sigh.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #3126
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Isner may be going for longest men's match at AO as well. 8-8 in fifth set against Nalbandian!
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #3127
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Isner may be going for longest men's match at AO as well. 8-8 in fifth set against Nalbandian!
Umpire Kader Nooni screwed over Nalby.

I really dislike Isner's game (Karlovic too).

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 18th, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #3128
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Umpire Kader Nooni screwed over Nalby.
You can argue both for and against Nooni's call. DN did take a long time challenging, but it was a bit unclear whether the ball had been called in so his hesitation is understandable. But it was stupid of him to argue so long. That long break did wonders for Isner's mobility.
No record, though. Match lasted 'only' 4h41m.
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #3129
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I feel badly for Nalbandian and he was clearly wronged but you need to be able to forget about it and move on. From up 30-0 he just fell apart. I would have liked a better shot of the racket smash on that last point.

Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #3130
country flag DownInAHole

Anyone else planning to watch the Hewitt/Roddick match tomorrow? It's kind of funny how things worked out for the two of them. Ten years ago it looked like they would be among the dominant players but then some guy from Switzerland came along and they were both shunted off to the side.

I'm hoping Andy wins mostly because I think he will be a tougher opponent for Djokovic but it would be good to see Lleyton win also, the last time he defeated Andy was way back in 2005.

Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3131
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Anyone else planning to watch the Hewitt/Roddick match tomorrow? It's kind of funny how things worked out for the two of them. Ten years ago it looked like they would be among the dominant players but then some guy from Switzerland came along and they were both shunted off to the side.

I'm hoping Andy wins mostly because I think he will be a tougher opponent for Djokovic but it would be good to see Lleyton win also, the last time he defeated Andy was way back in 2005.
I'll probably watch it, yes. I don't think that Hewitt has much of a chance unless Roddick self-destructs. In his heyday he could on a good day outlast most players, but in his first round match here it seemed that he needed to recover for one and a half sets after winning the first two. He's no longer able to keep up the intensity for three or four hours like he could in the past. Against lesser opposition he might be able to give away sets when he wants to take it easy for half an hour or so and still win the match, but I don't think he can afford to do that against Roddick.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #3132
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Okay,Brit input welcome here: My mom has become very Americanized after decades of living in the States(but she's still a sweet person despite that fact),and she really enjoys watching the old British comedy,'Jeeves'.Must admit,having watched some episodes with mom during Christmas,that the younger Hugh Laurie played his role with superb nuances(IMO),and Jeeves himself parlayed his snooty subtlety quite well for comedic effect.

There was one particular episode where some maternal gal wanted Laurie's character to sabotage a relationship between some favored relative(can't recall the relationship) and a songstress,and Jeeves wound up pulling it off by convincing the gal that her suitor had urged her to sing a tune called 'Sonny Boy' that the locals at the amateur hour event had gotten very much tired of...once she had been pelted with a steady stream of fruits and veggies,she stormed off the stage and smacked the lovestruck doofus goodbye

Anyway,there was an older fellow named Mr.Simpson--likely just an extra for that episode--who had earlier taken his turn on stage and,though he wasn't terribly talented,he managed to avoid being pelted.There was a chorus to his song that went: 'England!England!England!England!',and he exhorted with his arms in a way that left me laughing my ass off...was just wondering...is there REALLY such a dorky song as that in the U.K. or was it concocted just for that TV show?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #3133
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like typical P G Wodehouse satirical lyrics to me...

1990 is old

IMDB has a full cast list that should find you a youtube of the video...

A shame Laurie was lost to comedy... he seems to have been the glue that held the team together... Only Roan went on to serious comedic success but never as cultured as when with the rest of the team.

I assume you know "Black Adder"?
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #3134
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
You can argue both for and against Nooni's call. DN did take a long time challenging, but it was a bit unclear whether the ball had been called in so his hesitation is understandable. But it was stupid of him to argue so long. That long break did wonders for Isner's mobility.
No record, though. Match lasted 'only' 4h41m.
I first read media reports. Sounded like Nooni was robbing Nalban, but then I bothered to watch the clip and it becomes not so clear cut. The casual strolling up to check the mark. The thinking about if to challenge or not. Looking up. Looking down. Finally, raising a hand (indicating a challenge).

No, I am sorry. I am with Nooni on this one.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #3135
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I first read media reports. Sounded like Nooni was robbing Nalban, but then I bothered to watch the clip and it becomes not so clear cut. The casual strolling up to check the mark. The thinking about if to challenge or not. Looking up. Looking down. Finally, raising a hand (indicating a challenge).

No, I am sorry. I am with Nooni on this one.
Eh, I don't think it is fair to say that one call cost Nalbandian the match but it was a weird situation. Nalbandian heard that it was called out and Isner raised his finger to challenge, it probably would have made sense for Nouni to give him a little more time than usual to understand what was happening, especially since Nouni's overrule turned out to be wrong. It seems a little wrong for him to overrule, be wrong about it and not give the player a chance to challenge. Ultimately it is Nalbandian's fault that he was not able to keep focused and win the match but on that one point he was clearly wronged.

It would help a great deal if there was better consistency. Sometimes players need to challenge immediately and other times they are allowed to take longer than they should. There should be a standard time limit that is strictly enforced.

Of course I have had a burning hatred of John Isner dating back to the 2007 US Open when he took a set off of Federer so I may be biased.

Closed Thread