On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #16
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
"WHO" is no doubt,not 'whom'....you're gonna get your British credentials revoked if you keep that up
and that would be ENGLISH credentials

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #17
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
Ana`s fans think Caro has taken over her personality. Its true. Soon the transformation will be complete. Next is Ana`s forehand Muhahaha.
Now you are making me sad. If Caroline had Ana's forehand she would be nigh unbeatable. I seem to recall in Beijing that Ana was giving Caroline quite a bit of trouble with her forehand.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #18
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.
If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same day.
When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a teacosy. Years later, I realised it was not a spider - it was my Uncle Harold.
Poor uncle Harold.

Old Mar 12th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #19
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"WHO" is no doubt,not 'whom'....you're gonna get your British credentials revoked if you keep that up
I'm profoundly sorry, and wish to apologise for such a ridiculously obvious blunder. , clearly i should have used 'it'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Or even Angelnish.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #20
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.
If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same day.
When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a teacosy. Years later, I realised it was not a spider - it was my Uncle Harold.
Were did these come from?
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #21
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
I see Sorana Cristea as the biggest treat to Caro. She has everything that everyone loves, but luckily her game sucks for now. Don`t give her any help at all Caro for gods sake. Let Na Li win stuff, Vera, Azaranka....who cares. But not Sorana Cristea and her looks.
Well,I think you mean 'threat',because a 'treat' is some sort of special gift or,sometimes,a snack or small pleasure.....Honestly,Sorana is gorgeous but Caro isn't exactly chopped liver....If I were forced to choose between a Sorana clone with a mediocre personality and a Caro clone with a nice personality,it wouldn't even be a tough decision.An ethical/personal challenge would be: Whom do you select if forced to decide between a Sorana type with a LOUSY personality...and a Kuzy type with a GREAT personality.We're eliminating adolescent boys from the vote,of course

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #22
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Was just teasing Burisleif because he used to live in the U.K.---and he was deported for offending one of the schoolmasters there

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #23
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Now you are making me sad. If Caroline had Ana's forehand she would be nigh unbeatable. I seem to recall in Beijing that Ana was giving Caroline quite a bit of trouble with her forehand.
Right now,I'm a little disappointed in Ana for not mentioning one word about the suffering of KDK's people after their match yesterday.If she says something TODAY,then that's worthless b/c it means that someone ran and told Ana how bad it looked for being so ignorantly,obliviously self-absorbed...and she's trying to do damage control after the fact....However,I'm HOPING that someone has a link which dates to yesterday where Ana speaks on that either right after the match or VERY soon afterwards....Didn't see anything in her post-match comments on the WTA page.....I wonder if even her schoolchildren campaign is nothing more than a Limousine Liberal expunging her guilty conscience--cuz she aligns herself,indirectly,with the #1-ranked child murderers on the planet.Will TRY to give her the benefit of the doubt.....I suppose that,if Caro WERE attempting to copy the other girl,then she'd adopt a similar off-court cause,wouldn't she?

Old Mar 12th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #24
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Were did these come from?
At first I thought it was from the movie Ocean's Thirteen (an oblique reference to Caro's 13 titles). But on closer examination I've discovered I remembered wrong, it's from Ocean's Twelve.
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002226/quotes
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 12:51 AM   #25
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right now,I'm a little disappointed in Ana for not mentioning one word about the suffering of KDK's people after their match yesterday.If she says something TODAY,then that's worthless b/c it means that someone ran and told Ana how bad it looked for being so ignorantly,obliviously self-absorbed...and she's trying to do damage control after the fact....However,I'm HOPING that someone has a link which dates to yesterday where Ana speaks on that either right after the match or VERY soon afterwards....Didn't see anything in her post-match comments on the WTA page.....I wonder if even her schoolchildren campaign is nothing more than a Limousine Liberal expunging her guilty conscience--cuz she aligns herself,indirectly,with the #1-ranked child murderers on the planet.Will TRY to give her the benefit of the doubt.....I suppose that,if Caro WERE attempting to copy the other girl,then she'd adopt a similar off-court cause,wouldn't she?
God what's going on in Japan is so tragic. It's the kind of situation where a person wants to do more than just pray and donate, you know what I mean?

Really? Ana didn't say anything? She's usually good with that kind of stuff.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #26
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right now,I'm a little disappointed in Ana for not mentioning one word about the suffering of KDK's people after their match yesterday.
I'm sure she feels distressed at the sufferring and some players are just more naturally outward in expressing their concerns and some are more introvert but feel just the same. I think Ana is very introverted compared to players I like - Caro, Kim and Jelena. And I don't think we really are in a position to judge her on this.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Mar 13th, 2011 at 01:40 AM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 01:32 AM   #27
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

I think Ana is enjoying what else life has to offer instead of just playing tennis. For example, since she got knocked out early in the AO this year, why didn't she get back in to full fledged training? Instead, she just went to beach and cheered on Novak. If I had been her, I would have been working my butt off!!

If you have that much talent then train! She's riding too much on her good looks.

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #28
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
I think Ana is enjoying what else life has to offer instead of just playing tennis. For example, since she got knocked out early in the AO this year, why didn't she get back in to full fledged training? Instead, she just went to beach and cheered on Novak. If I had been her, I would have been working my butt off!!

If you have that much talent then train! She's riding too much on her good looks.
Didn't she have a stomach/abdominal tear?

Old Mar 13th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #29
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Didn't she have a stomach/abdominal tear?
I just looked it up to see (on her official website) and nope - no injury was reported. Makarova just wiped the court with her

“I thought it was tough match,” said Ana. “She played extremely well. She didn't give me much.

“I really tried my best out there today. A few points here and there decided it. And I created enough chances for myself in that second set in particular, but couldn't convert them.

“It was just a little bit of footwork lacking towards the end of that third set and that was pretty much what decided it.”

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/makarova-stuns-ana

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #30
country flag Burisleif

Summery of Player tweets re Japan HERE