On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 199 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 8th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #2971
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
...£10 a week?
Why not??I'll get tons of recognition as an agent by working with a top-rate avian celebrity like yourself

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 8th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #2972
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Why not??I'll get tons of recognition as an agent by working with a top-rate avian celebrity like yourself
Since you're my agent now, here are some things I would like:

A Ferrari 250 GTO
Golf lesson with Rory McIlroy
A go on the world's longest toboggan run which I think is in Austria
Night with one WTA player off a personal list of about eight I'd quite like
10 minute stand up comedy show by DownInAHole
Lego
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #2973
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A Ferrari 250 GTO
Lego
Hmm, I can give you a very patchy ten minute set or a very focused and hilarious two minute set.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #2974

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Hmm, I can give you a very patchy ten minute set or a very focused and hilarious two minute set.
I'll go for the two minute one.

I hope you achieve the high standards set by your fellow countryman Stewart Francis.
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #2975
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think you read the small print, Goose isn't your new agent, but your pimp... Get your rubber gear and chap stick on because you'll be picking up a lot of cockroaches pretty soon...
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #2976
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A Ferrari 250 GTO
Lego
If 'Lego' refers to the building-block toys,then I appreciate your staying in touch with your youthful joys.You've already gotten co-operation from Universally-known Spelling Expert,DIAH,so that one'll be easy.We can go to Austria where I'll tote a fake ID pretending to be some sort of Austrian Federal Recreational Safety Officer who must close down the run for a thorough inspection(I have German relatives and can mimic their accent)...and then you'll have it all to yourself.The Ferrari will be fairly easy as I can crack the skull of some rich,s--thead American college boy who's visiting Mazatlan and leave him dead in an alley somewhere.This is Mexico so it'll be no trouble for me to forge some documents and get the car in your name.

Be careful not to list any names of WTA players here b/c we might get some masculine,dykey,feminist trolls who'll complain to the mods over that(I distinguish them from classic,equality-seeking feminists who don't venomously hate children or men).You can send your faves via PM,and I'll pick one that both lacks wisdom and is rather superficial thus deserves to be lied to.I can tell her that you're a 'Gateway Bf' and that your good friends Nole and Rafa use you to screen potential part-time prospects.

The Rory lesson will be,by far,the hardest one to come up with but let me work on that........worst case scenario,I'll find some cholos to kidnap one of Rory's family on their next Mexican vacation,and your golf lesson will be the ransom

Btw,don't let Burisleif discourage you;he's not jealous at all b/c he really didn't wanna be your agent---he's just a little sore,on principle,that you dumped him for me so quickly.Besides,everyone knows how much I enjoy killing roaches so I'd never let you rob me of that pleasure by making YOU do it

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #2977

Burisleif, I hope you're not talking from experience.

Bruce, you seem a bit like one of those fixers they have on those tv programmes where they go to foreign countries and stuff. Except with some slightly less legal ideas.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 03:16 AM   #2978
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

'ello mates!

It has been a long time -- once again. I need to come up with a different greeting instead of that one Anywho, I've been doing a lot of training on and off the court. I have a new fitness coach. I do a group fitness class and it's a blast. There is a football player in the group and we always try to out do each other -- so much fun, hehehe Just friendly competition :P I'm a lot more lighter on my feet with faster reflexes so I always beat him on that. I am nearly at the point of out running him, but wow. That guy is like a bulldozer when he takes off :O Anyway, I have to say about my last match! Well I will talk about the match before my last match (which was 3 and a half weeks ago). I played one of the new top girls that played number one singles for a military school in Texas. I didn't know anything about her before I played her, but I was gung-ho about it. That morning did not start out well though. My Mother was in a bad mood which always puts me into a bad one. I tried to think of only positive things and just relax. I did feel like something was off after that. In the warm up, I felt good. I was keeping up with her pace. Then when the match started, my legs turned to mush. I couldn't move, I couldn't get anything in....I just felt like I was the Wicked Witch of the West when Dorothy threw the water on her. In the second set I yelled at myself (in my head) and said "Come one...wake up...at least make some rallys". So I started getting more balls in and then she started double faulting. I was hitting way harder than her but I just wasn't myself that day. I lost 6-0, 6-2. I had a bit of a meltdown after that. The next day I hit the courts, training extra hard. But after that, I felt something was totally off with my tennis and my attitude towards it. I couldn't grasp the concept of why or what was going on with me. It just felt like I was missing a piece of the puzzle and it was just out of my reach.
Last week I had my first match back after my loss. I was relaxed and in a good mood. I still wasn't playing 100% but I went out there ready to start. In the match, I was missing some shots that I normally would pound into the court for a winner. It didn't make me upset, but it put me in an odd predicament. So then I made my shoulders relax, took a deep breath, and then those real shots came back to me. I felt a snap in my head and then my confidence was back in full force. I won 6-1, 6-1 in half an hour. Great way to comeback after struggling with confidence for 2 weeks.
Now the level of tennis I am playing is far above the matches I am playing. My footwork is fast and graceful, and my shots are powerful, consistent, and pretty hahaha It's just amazing. Who would have thought that the girl that everyone said that was "too nice" "smiled too much" "didn't have the killer instinct" "too old" "started too late" would be here...right now...beating these people who have been playing for over a decade.
My Dad is so happy that he has decided, along with my Mother, that we are going back home to Europe next summer for me to do more training and to do tournaments. I'm really excited for that

Next up...Wimbledon...Center Court...watch for me

As always...thank you for the support!!!!!

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #2979
country flag bruce goose

Natalie,you seem like a pleasant young lady and it's fun to follow along with your growth as a tennis player.....which may,at least in part,coincide with your growth as a person

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #2980
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

It's interesting to have someone like SwissMiss around. Thanks to you we can get a better idea of what is life of a tennis pro like.Enjoy your time in Europe.
Btw, do you study at some tennis academy in the US? Or have you turned professional and are just based there with your family?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #2981
country flag bruce goose

Of course,the big drawback in all of this would be if Natalie truly began to threaten Caroline by reaching the top rankings in the WTA...but would she still chat with us 'simple folk' upon becoming a WTA star?

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #2982
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, you never know. But I guess that tennis players sometimes like to read the discussions on tennis forums. Wouldn't you be interested to do so if you were at their position? Although if some of them ever read some of the GM 'great insight' they may lose interest in returning again,lol. I just had a discussion with a couple of resident trolls, they have completely met my worst expectations
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #2983
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I just had a discussion with a couple of resident trolls, they have completely met my worst expectations
One of the comments they most enjoy receiving is: 'I'm DEEPLY sorry!I falsely assumed that your deductive reasoning powers had grown beyond the kindergarten level;I'll try to use smaller words next time.'

Last edited by bruce goose : Dec 11th, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #2984
country flag Crockett

Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
There is a football player in the group and we always try to out do each other -- so much fun, hehehe Just friendly competition :P I'm a lot more lighter on my feet with faster reflexes so I always beat him on that. I am nearly at the point of out running him, but wow. That guy is like a bulldozer when he takes off
I am assuming that we are talking about American football here. If he plays, like, left tackle, you should also be able to outrun him, but if he plays, like, free safety, you might find that tough.

Anyway, it is great to follow your tennis in this way, and I am happy that you have the mental strength needed to cope with being outplayed. It is going to happen again, of course, at least if you are ambitious enough to take on those more experienced players.

You are going back to Europe next year, you say. Are you really Swiss? And if so, where in Switzerland are we talking about? Judging by your surname, it would be east of the Röstigraben.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #2985
country flag bruce goose

Okay,my car has been struggling mightily lately but it started well this morning so,hopefully,I'm off to my gf's house now