On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 187 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #2791
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

I do not have particularly strong feelings about "outsiders" posting here but the one thing I do like is having the chance to debate with them in a much more civil way. While it is true that those conversations could theoretically take place in GM in reality it is extremely difficult to do that without the conversation turning negative.

Ultimately I am more than happy to go along with the wishes of the majority so if interlopers are unwanted so be it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #2792
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
For my part, I'd prefer that the folks bashing Caro elsewhere not be posting in this forum.
I'm with you!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #2793
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
While the convos could theoretically take place in GM in reality it is extremely difficult to do that without the conversation turning negative.

Ultimately I am more than happy to go along with the wishes of the majority so if interlopers are unwanted so be it.
Here is a big key for me: The conversations HAVE turned highly negative on two occasions,so the end results have been exactly the same as the GM convos that you mention;therefore,there's no advantage to having them here...and no reason the same level of discussion couldn't simply be had in GM.

There's a Kiwi poster named 'HowardH' who,IMO,is a very thoughtful,insightful fellow that has a skeptical view of Caro's prospects.If he posted here,you'd likely see a big difference in the reaction from fans compared with what we've seen already...so it IS possible to make a distinction between bashers and non-Caro-fans

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #2794
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
For my part, I'd prefer that the folks bashing Caro elsewhere not be posting in this forum.
i've bashed her quite a few time before i fell in love this year

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #2795
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
Fair enough,but we're not talking about eternal condemnation here;you've made it reasonably clear that you're now a fan of Caro's who cheers for her success,and that sure wasn't the case with either of our two most recent 'special visitors'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #2796

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Fair enough,but we're not talking about eternal condemnation here;you've made it reasonably clear that you're now a fan of Caro's who cheers for her success,and that sure wasn't the case with either of our two most recent 'special visitors'
i meant that as it happened to me, maybe it can be the same to some others though i didn't read the posts of those foreigners, or even know their names so i can't really tell

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #2797
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I'm not sure if some of the things I have typed about her could be considered bashing but I can certainly be very critical of her, critical enough to ruffle a few feathers.

I have high expectations for her and when she fails to meet those expectations I tend to get a bit...emotional.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #2798
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I have high expectations for her and when she fails to meet those expectations I tend to get a bit...emotional.
Lack of focus due to emotional upheaval might be the root cause of your spelling deficiencies

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #2799

Quote:
I'm not sure if some of the things I have typed about her could be considered bashing but I can certainly be very critical of her, critical enough to ruffle a few feathers.

actually i was almost a hater untill last year anw i still "bash" her for fun (you might have a watch at flavia's threads for how we treat flavia) i'm quite a typical italian on that

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #2800
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

I really hope Chrissie-Fan hasn't left permanently.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #2801
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I really hope Chrissie-Fan hasn't left permanently.
Yeah,I hope not,too---will really owe you guys an apology if he did

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #2802

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah,I hope not,too---will really owe you guys an apology if he did
I'll send you to the naughty corner.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #2803
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I'll send you to the naughty corner.
You have to admit,though,that my concerns look a lot more valid after that empty,marathon-like,rambling diatribe you read through the other day

Btw,congratulations on being the new heartthrob of young penguinas after your cover shot on PenguinGirl magazine

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #2804

Quote:
You have to admit,though,that my concerns look a lot more valid after that empty,marathon-like,rambling diatribe you read through the other day
Yeah, I dunno. I suppose it could be Matej but I had a mosey and they don't seem to use the smiley-face emote that much. And I don't remember Matej ever using so many exclamation marks.

Quote:
Btw,congratulations on being the new heartthrob of young penguinas after your cover shot on PenguinGirl magazine
Perhaps you could be my autobiographer.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #2805
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Yeah, I dunno. I suppose it could be Matej but I had a mosey and they don't seem to use the smiley-face emote that much. And I don't remember Matej ever using so many exclamation marks.

Perhaps you could be my autobiographer.
As a Petra-forum regular,I really don't think it's Matej cuz his posts were usually more polished like those of an educated person.Plus he didn't post-whore so much in the forum;I suspect that Matej either had a job or was a student with a regular course load...he wasn't some guy who was just aimlessly hanging out in his parents' basement all day...apparently

If I am to be your biographer,then you'll have to alert me on which aspects of your Penguin Secret Police duties I'm allowed to share with the public....For now,I'm off to work

Closed Thread