On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 181 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2011, 04:20 PM   #2701
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
Denmark has plenty of mosquitoes, but they are mostly just annoying. I probably get bitten by mosquitoes in Denmark between 50 and 100 times a year, but then I spend a lot of time outdoors in the woods. Still, there are no mosquitoes November through March.

Much more annoying, and also somewhat hazardous to your health, is the castor bean tick (Ixodes ricinus). I have caught Lyme disease from a tick bite, which was cured by antibiotics. All of this is a sneaky way to fold the thread back to tennis: Samantha Stosur was away from tennis for quite a while a few years a ago due to Lyme disease.
Glad you survived the tick bite okay---and that was one of the best segue-ways I've seen at TF in quite a while

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2011, 05:47 PM   #2702
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Glad you survived the tick bite okay---and that was one of the best segue-ways I've seen at TF in quite a while
Oh yeah? Well how is this for a segue?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 05:47 PM   #2703
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Halloween everyone!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 03:45 AM   #2704
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Oh yeah? Well how is this for a segue?
If you'd like to do something helpful,you could use your Canadian-ness and persuade Rebecca Marino to dress up in her Bruce's Gf Costume.She may as well render that imitation since she's only been IMPERSONATING a tennis player for most of this year

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM   #2705
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If you'd like to do something helpful,you could use your Canadian-ness and persuade Rebecca Marino to dress up in her Bruce's Gf Costume.She may as well render that imitation since she's only been IMPERSONATING a tennis player for most of this year
As a nation I believe that we have agreed to put all of our eggs in the Milos Raonic basket.

Still, do not be too down on Rebecca. I believe she had a series of nagging injuries this year. If she can stay healthy next year she could make a push into the top thirty.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM   #2706
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
As a nation I believe that we have agreed to put all of our eggs in the Milos Raonic basket.

Still, do not be too down on Rebecca. I believe she had a series of nagging injuries this year. If she can stay healthy next year she could make a push into the top thirty.
That sounds great!So you can persuade her to play those two Mexican tourneys in the first half of the year to help her gain her form...heck,she could stay for a while and play some higher-priced ITFs....while she's doing that I'll....ummmm......show her around to make sure she doesn't get lost in between matches

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM   #2707
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Dang...you guys sure post a lot on this forum. I've been a bit busy for the past few days so I hadn't had much of a chance to read the posts til tonight.

Last edited by Protoss : Nov 11th, 2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: changed "a post" to "post a lot" which is what I originally thought I wrote
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:46 PM   #2708
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

This year saw a new record number of little monsters (dressed up kids not nasty kids) knocking on the door. 11 kit-kats, and 11 packs of Haribo star Mix handed out, being an increase of 1100% over 2010 and 45% over 2009. Just as well London supermarkets sell 10p packs and bars limiting fiscal losses to under £2.

Globalisation... It's happening erratically by the year I tell you
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM   #2709
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Dang...you guys sure a post on this forum. I've been a bit busy for the past few days so I hadn't had much of a chance to read the posts til tonight.
Well,now you've learned your lesson that,if you don't visit here,you'll miss out on hot sexy photos like the one of DIAH's 'segway' above

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM   #2710
country flag Crockett

Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
This year saw a new record number of little monsters (dressed up kids not nasty kids) knocking on the door. 11 kit-kats, and 11 packs of Haribo star Mix handed out, being an increase of 1100% over 2010 and 45% over 2009. Just as well London supermarkets sell 10p packs and bars limiting fiscal losses to under £2.
I had the first visit of its kind ever here in Copenhagen, and I wasn't prepared for one. This is somewhat embarrassing since I once went trick-or-treating myself when I lived in the U.S. Let's see now (calculates, checks and double checks) -- that would be 49 years ago.

Anyway my increase was from 0 to 1, which easily tops 1100 % - or any other percentage you might want to choose.

I did learn the Danish translation for trick og treat: slik eller ballade!
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:20 PM   #2711
country flag bruce goose

Just found out the other day that the MM year-ender will be in Sofia next season;if I recall correctly,that's the capital of Bulgaria.Perhaps you Europeans could update me: Is Sofia really a nice spot that the players would enjoy at the end of the year??I know it's in southern Europe right above Turkey;is it not cold there in November??Regardless,I can't imagine that it would be anywhere equal to the Bali beaches as a desired destination for players.......but you all can tell me if I'm selling the town short

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:22 PM   #2712
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
I had the first visit of its kind ever here in Copenhagen, and I wasn't prepared for one. This is somewhat embarrassing since I once went trick-or-treating myself when I lived in the U.S. Let's see now (calculates, checks and double checks) -- that would be 49 years ago.

Anyway my increase was from 0 to 1, which easily tops 1100 % - or any other percentage you might want to choose.

I did learn the Danish translation for trick og treat: slik eller ballade!
It started about 30 years ago here and fizzled out, but about 5-6 years ago it returned with the same three young girls each year seeing an opportunity for some candy. Today, the supermarkets have caught on, originally stocking pumpkins, and now a whole line of cheap small portion bags, and costumes etc. Copenhagen beware...

I used to hand out a satsuma, mini box of raisins and a mini carton of orange juice, but the kids all look at you like your nuts, so along came Haribo with mini bags to save the day.

Glad to here there are older oldies than me here in Caroland Where in the US were you based?
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM   #2713
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Fastelavn?

Fastelavn er mit navn,
boller vil jeg have,
hvis jeg ingen boller får,
så laver jeg ballade.

Boller op, boller ned,
boller i min mave,
så laver jeg ballade.

backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM   #2714
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
boller vil jeg have,

Boller op, boller ned,
boller i min mave,
A few years ago,the Ravens had a quarterback named Kyle Boller(he's a back-up for the Raiders now).He has a VERRRY powerful arm but can't throw too accurately,nor does he have good awareness on the field....I wonder if he comes from Danish ancestry...or perhaps his is an adapted name that was re-spelled for convenience's sake when his family first settled in the US

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:27 PM   #2715
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just say it would be an unfortunate, but very funny, name, if he was living here. "Kyle is fucking" is literally what it means. Also, it's some kind of bakery, but noone would think of that, when pronouncing his name.

"boller" is also slang for balls. Men's balls, that is.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread