On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 176 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:11 PM   #2626
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by omess View Post
They have been doing since 2009.
It was daft then. And it's daft now. And it contradicts what they state in their own rulebook.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:06 PM   #2627
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
It was daft then. And it's daft now. And it contradicts what they state in their own rulebook.
You can sometimes tell w/o the poster flag when you're reading a Brit because pinche gringos almost never use 'daft' unless they're trying hard to sound sophisticated...don't think Canadians say it too often,either.I'm not mocking you AT ALL,mind you...just pointing out some subtle differences that I notice

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:13 PM   #2628
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You can sometimes tell w/o the poster flag when you're reading a Brit because pinche gringos almost never use 'daft' unless they're trying hard to sound sophisticated...don't think Canadians say it too often,either.I'm not mocking you AT ALL,mind you...just pointing out some subtle differences that I notice
'Don't be daft'

I use it a lot, it fits in nicely between silly and stupid.... Similar to sonso, estúpido, and pendejo?
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:59 PM   #2629
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody should steal Vika's snickers at the YEC.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM   #2630
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
'Don't be daft'

I use it a lot, it fits in nicely between silly and stupid.... Similar to sonso, estúpido, and pendejo?
'Sonso' would easily be your best equivalent of the three you suggested---we don't use it much here in the North...aye NEVER use it,but it's more common in the South and it's not very harsh.Here in Mexico,'pendejo' is really never used as an adjective(just as a noun),and you'd be well-advised to only say it to a friend if you're referring directly to the listener.....I'm a little surprised that you were unaware of 'estupido' b/c that's basically a fighting word.An angry wife/gf might say it when she's truly irate yet it's VERY rarely used male-to-male unless,as I said,you're ready for fisticuffs

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM   #2631
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
'Sonso' would easily be your best equivalent of the three you suggested---we don't use it much here in the North...aye NEVER use it,but it's more common in the South and it's not very harsh.Here in Mexico,'pendejo' is really never used as an adjective(just as a noun),and you'd be well-advised to only say it to a friend if you're referring directly to the listener.....I'm a little surprised that you were unaware of 'estupido' b/c that's basically a fighting word.An angry wife/gf might say it when she's truly irate yet it's VERY rarely used male-to-male unless,as I said,you're ready for fisticuffs
Interesting, based on my time in Buenos Aires estúpido/a was quit an endearing way of saying it. As you say there are bound to be differences between south and north, and likewise Mexico and the UK.
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 04:29 AM   #2632
country flag bruce goose

I'd like to nominate someone as a sort of Stunt Boy to help Piotr and Caro's trainer with various tasks.His full name is Joe F--king-Waste-of-Life Flacco,but the rest of you can just call him 'Joe'...or 'Maricon' or 'Mamador'...anything short,convenient and accurate will do.

This would be an unpaid position cuz worthless-shit Joe has already stolen so many millions with his current salary.He'd do the little things;for example,if Piotr weren't sure about the temperature of the coffee,we'd make Joe stick his face in the pot and judge the brew's readiness by how burnt his skin was....or if Caroline accidentally dropped her earring in a wet toaster,we'd force Joe to reach in there and pull it out since his hands are good-for-nothing anyway....or maybe if the Woz family were hiking and got curious in re a snake they saw on the ground,we'd compel Joe to play with the serpent until it bit him...and THEN we'd know whether it was poisonous or not

The BEST use,IMO,would be if we had Caro do a hitting session with her trainer where Joe stood at close range(maybe 5m)and Caro nailed repeated shots against his head....EASILY the thickest part of his body.If Caro could actually make him yowl in pain,then we could be certain that she was improving the velocity on her FH

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #2633
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

A little treat for Bruce;

I was watching the RG 2007 final (one of your favorite matches I'm sure ) and afterward the commentators said that lifting the Suzanne Lenglen trophy was the hardest thing Justine had to do all day.

Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #2634
country flag Burisleif

Just watched the replay of Caro vs Aga, and I hadn't realised just how animated and supportive the crowd were.

Very nice to have that atmosphere at a match again
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #2635
country flag bruce goose

According to the WTA website,this is the last year for the Bali MM champs title....I'm sorry that the idea failed because I'd thought that it was a decent concept

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #2636
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmph...you can't put yourself on ignore. I consider that a serious flaw in this software.
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #2637
country flag bruce goose

So,did I grasp that right,folks??Is the whole MM year-ender dead and buried or are they just gonna move it from Bali to somewhere else??

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #2638
country flag Protoss

Quote:
So,did I grasp that right,folks??Is the whole MM year-ender dead and buried or are they just gonna move it from Bali to somewhere else??
I believe it's just the location is moving.
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM   #2639
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I believe it's just the location is moving.
Thanks,Protoss--we should get a look at the 2012 calendar fairly soon where it'll tell us the location

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #2640
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

i've moved my ass here hello people
as i said in the other thread, my friend suggested to ask for danish citizenship

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread