On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 174 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #2596
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
You are sooo loving this, aren't you? Why is it exactly you hate her so much?
Actually,I only get mild pleasure out of it...as when citizens make fun of a buffoonish politician....will send you a brief PM later today,maybe,but I'm off for class now

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #2597
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

So, why do you hate Ana so much? OK, most of her fans (except for me, of course ) are idiots who are anti-Caro (jealousy probably) but Ana herself has an interesting game and seems to be a nice person,too.
Any particular reason?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #2598
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
So, why do you hate Ana so much? OK, most of her fans (except for me, of course ) are idiots who are anti-Caro (jealousy probably) but Ana herself has an interesting game and seems to be a nice person,too.
Any particular reason?
We agree that her theoretical potential is intriguing;I was once a big fan myself,but we disagree on her character as a person.I think she's well-packaged by her team and media lackeys to make her look nicer than she actually is.

As for hatred---not even close.I hate pedophiles and also religious fundamentalists who murder anyone that doesn't blindly submit to their dogma.In contrast,I only DISLIKE the taste of radishes...basically,Ana is a radish...and,as you touch on above,the infantile,jealous ramblings by her fans....That Caro somehow stole her place as Adidas No.1,and is maliciously scheming to rob her of her identity...only give me moral justification for my occasional jesting

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #2599
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
We agree that her theoretical potential is intriguing;I was once a big fan myself,but we disagree on her character as a person.I think she's well-packaged by her team and media lackeys to make her look nicer than she actually is.

As for hatred---not even close.I hate pedophiles and also religious fundamentalists who murder anyone that doesn't blindly submit to their dogma.In contrast,I only DISLIKE the taste of radishes...basically,Ana is a radish...and,as you touch on above,the infantile,jealous ramblings by her fans....That Caro somehow stole her place as Adidas No.1,and is maliciously scheming to rob her of her identity...only give me moral justification for my occasional jesting
I've probably mentioned this before but if Caroline is going to "steal" anything from Ana shouldn't she start with her forehand?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #2600
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

I think all the anti Radish bashing has gone too far... They taste great imho (providing they were adequately watered during growth).
My cat lost its identity once, Luckily a neighbour found it and we soon had her collar back on.
They are predicating unsettled weather here this winter so I'm going to lay a tennis court in my bath tub to get some practice in.
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 01:04 AM   #2601
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I've probably mentioned this before but if Caroline is going to "steal" anything from Ana shouldn't she start with her forehand?
Burisleif is right as I know from experience that radishes CAN taste good when prepared properly,but I suppose that most people aren't dedicated enough...or perhaps they lack culinary wisdom.Also,I'm pleased that he found his cat even though he earlier stated a preference for dogs.Mexico has a dog-dominated pet culture and there are far too many cute kitties who get abandoned.I buy catnip on my very-rare forays into the U.S. cuz the stuff they sell here is from some cheap-ass imitation variety.My cat-owner friends just love how their little darlings go crazy over the herb w/o any medical side effects.My gf is afraid that it's somehow dangerous or abusive b/c 90% of Mexicans are totally unfamiliar with it as it's uncommon for folks to buy things for cats

What's so comprehensively absurd is that any semi-conscious mortal would accuse Caro of idolizing the other person in question.She's made it fairly clear that her childhood idol was Hingis and that Serena was near the same level in her heart...so adding that third gal would be like saying that your favorite actors were Sir Laurence Olivier,Anthony Hopkins...and Carrot Top......or that your musical idols were Mozart,Beethoven...and Duran Duran(or Milli Vanilli).....or that your favorite basketball players were Larry Bird,Michael Jordan.....and Manute Bol.Those aren't accusations that an intelligent person would be proud to make

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 02:26 AM   #2602
country flag bruce goose

There's been a remarkable absence of roaches lately;have seen only one in the past three weeks,and that one was already half-dead,flopped over on its back.Can't give a definitive explanation as to why,but I wonder if it's because I mop my floor with bleach instead of normal disinfectant.There's an unusually high number of roaches who are near death,in the fetal position,when I first come across them

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 02:49 AM   #2603
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's been a remarkable absence of roaches lately;have seen only one in the past three weeks,and that one was already half-dead,flopped over on its back.Can't give a definitive explanation as to why,but I wonder if it's because I mop my floor with bleach instead of normal disinfectant.There's an unusually high number of roaches who are near death,in the fetal position,when I first come across them
Bleach is awful stuff... Surfactants, and volatile airborne chlorides (Carcinogens)... You want to make sure you use plain bleach (preferably none at all), and be well ventilated during use. Have you tried vinegar? It can be found odourless and is a great cleaning agent.

Can't you instal a gate in the drain to stop them getting in in the first place or a bleach block in the ubends?
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 02:58 AM   #2604
country flag Burisleif

@brucegoose,

I wondered what press coverage there was over there re the U17 championship and the fact that over half the players failed doping checks due to clenbutanol in the meat? What's the local feeling re the food quality implications etc?

Thanks.
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:01 AM   #2605
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Bleach is awful stuff... Surfactants, and volatile airborne chlorides (Carcinogens)... You want to make sure you use plain bleach (preferably none at all), and be well ventilated during use. Have you tried vinegar? It can be found odourless and is a great cleaning agent.

Can't you instal a gate in the drain to stop them getting in in the first place or a bleach block in the ubends?
Tbh,I hadn't spent any time considering your alternatives but will certainly do so now.As for the gate or bleach block idea,I'm pretty sure that I'd have to open up the floor a bit to implement those plans.....which would be fine if this were MY house,but I'm a renter and just about 100% certain that my landlord wouldn't approve those suggestions.

However,you still gave some decent cleaning advice and I'll probably heed your guidance at least once to check the results...thank you for the recommendations

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:06 AM   #2606
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Tbh,I hadn't spent any time considering your alternatives but will certainly do so now.As for the gate or bleach block idea,I'm pretty sure that I'd have to open up the floor a bit to implement those plans.....which would be fine if this were MY house,but I'm a renter and just about 100% certain that my landlord wouldn't approve those suggestions.

However,you still gave some decent cleaning advice and I'll probably take your suggestions at least once to check the results...thank you for the recommendations
Re bleach blocks, They are those white/clear Crystal blocks, as in crystalline bleach, so you should be able to drop a few granules into the water trap via the shower grate etc... Assuming the roaches are coming through the drain? If they are, next step drain pipe, manhole? Would seem better to catch them before they get to your place?
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:17 AM   #2607
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
@brucegoose,

I wondered what press coverage there was over there re the U17 championship and the fact that over half the players failed doping checks due to clenbutanol in the meat? What's the local feeling re the food quality implications etc?

Thanks.
Well,according to our media,the use/abuse of clenbutanol is fairly rare because cattle raisers don't want to take the risk of the severe penalties they might face.As you probably knew,it's illegal here but,this being Mexico,it's certainly possible that wealthier cattle barons will bribe their way free of punishment.The going line during the championships was that it was simply bad luck that the food service providers happened to be linked to cattle farms that were cheating.Supposedly,the drug--if not constantly consumed over a period of years--will eventually get flushed out of the system w/o any major side effects...yet you may prefer to check with a more informed medical opinion

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:23 AM   #2608
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Re bleach blocks, They are those white/clear Crystal blocks, as in crystalline bleach, so you should be able to drop a few granules into the water trap via the shower grate etc... Assuming the roaches are coming through the drain? If they are, next step drain pipe, manhole? Would seem better to catch them before they get to your place?
Yes,that appears to be their favored point of entry,and I didn't grasp that you were referring to the granules at first when you said 'blocks'...will certainly give that a try.Tbh,I'm not dealing with any huge infestation here...yet...and there's a part of me that enjoys watching them suffer when I blast them with Raid...as I've posted,it's fun to imagine them as GM trolls

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 06:48 AM   #2609
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

I see Bruce is extra happy today.

I don't see Ana defending her Bali title; especially with Petkorazzi and Liskicki there to slay
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM   #2610
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
I see Bruce is extra happy today.

I don't see Ana defending her Bali title; especially with Petkorazzi and Liskicki there to slay
Now you're letting wishful thinking cloud your judgment a little;she IS a talented player but she simply can't channel it for more than a couple matches.With THIS mini-tourney she only has to win 3 matches in a row and she is certainly capable of that.She may even draw confidence from returning to the site of her last title...that's probably what gave her the self-belief to win Linz last year(was Linz 2008 champ) where she won a shocking FIVE in a row,albeit against nobody who was ranked in the top 40 at the time.

......YEC starts in four days if they begin,as usual,on Tuesday--That's a short time to recover from a viral illness that's serious enough to force a w/d,so maybe Schiavone now backs into YEC as the second alternate.Tbh,I don't see where Petkovic can serve as an alternate if her knee was supposedly too injured for her to even attempt to qualify when she was so close....If Petko backed out,too,would Serena lower herself to show up as an alternate?

Closed Thread