On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 169 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 01:32 PM   #2521
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Kanepi and Lisicki both won to face off in 2R to potentially play Caro in 3R. And Li lost in 1R to Niculescu!
I said earlier that I hope that Li loses in the first round. It is tough to say for certain but to me it appeared that she was given a suspiciously easy draw. Maybe it was just coincidence but if the draw was rigged in her favour I am happy to see it did not work.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 04:30 PM   #2522
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I said earlier that I hope that Li loses in the first round. It is tough to say for certain but to me it appeared that she was given a suspiciously easy draw. Maybe it was just coincidence but if the draw was rigged in her favour I am happy to see it did not work.
Though I don't dislike Li,it's a little pathetic for her to lose so easily in her 'home' tournament to a mediocre player in the very first round.It lends credence to the idea that Li will never have a strong champion's mentality--that she's only capable of great play in brief spurts

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 05:22 PM   #2523
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

^unfortunately, on of those spurts was on a match point
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2524
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said earlier that I hope that Li loses in the first round.

Poor Na.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM   #2525
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jorn View Post

Quote:
Mae ask about the girls match...

12 year old Caroline Wozniacki beat Sisse Folmø 6-4

remember that name, Wozniacki she's good.

You really posted that in 2002, Jorn? The quote-link to the exact post doesn't work anymore.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM   #2526
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post

Poor Na.
Australian Open finalist, Roland Garros champion, somehow I think Na will be able to console herself over her opening round loss at the China Open.

Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 04:54 AM   #2527
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Australian Open finalist, Roland Garros champion, somehow I think Na will be able to console herself over her opening round loss at the China Open.
Li was always like that even before she reached her Slam finals,and that's why she'll never be an elite player.She'll be remembered more as an historical footnote who was the first Chinese to ever blah,blah,blah(I'm pretty sure that Li was the first Chinese to ever puke in her strawberries and cream at Wimbledon;we gotta make sure to put THAT in the record books).Hypothetically speaking,she could've been an all-time great if she cared more but,as things currently stand,she's barely fit to fetch Graf's water bottle from an historical perspective

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #2528
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
^unfortunately, on of those spurts was on a match point
Skyblue,it's not my goal to be a postwhore,so there are threads where I appreciate the input but never--or almost never--post.To answer your question,we all know that Ana is capable of playing great individual matches,especially vs. a finesse player who gets overpowered and can't shake her out of rhythm.Her big problem--we're talking ON-court and ignoring the myriad of PERSONAL problems--is that she can't even excel in back-to-back tourneys...and very rarely even wins an individual,isolated event.This is what makes her a fringe Top 20-caliber player,someone who doesn't have the credentials to enter the Greatness Store so she stands out there in the bitter cold and presses her face against the glass of the streetside display window,desperately peering in and spouting empty rhetoric about gaining access someday

Old Oct 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #2529

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

According to some in GM, maybe Beijing is not that well-attended, but the Woz matches seemed to be rather lively, judging by audience sounds in her matches.
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #2530
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Petko-Aga final, I love it
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2531
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
According to some in GM, maybe Beijing is not that well-attended, but the Woz matches seemed to be rather lively, judging by audience sounds in her matches.
I think Caro is very popular there and when all the Chinese girls went out early - Caro was the player they naturally switched to. Attendances must have suffered with Li going out early.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #2532
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
Petko-Aga final, I love it
Agnieszka had a tough loss at the US Open but otherwise she has had a very nice summer/fall. All the more impressive when you consider where she was this time last year. I thought she made a mistake by coming back so soon after her foot injury but obviously I was wrong.

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 05:16 AM   #2533
country flag bruce goose

One of my friends is a technician so this'll get fixed soon,but I was a little discouraged this morning when the shower head came flying off after I'd only slightly turned up the tap a bit.....Then,upon regaining my composure,I realized that I still had plenty of water pressure coming from where the head had fallen off...and only had slight difficulty in washing my hair since the water was coming forth at an almost straight downward angle......Things could've been FAR worse

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #2534
country flag bruce goose

Still a tight race for the #8 YEC spot---Aga has the lead but she's resting this week while Petko plays Linz and Marion's in Osaka...they're both #2 seeds.Those MM titles would allot them 280 pts. and put them in a virtual dead heat with Aga

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #2535

It seems Petkovic is out of Linz.
Closed Thread