On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 167 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #2491
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPRIATI420 View Post
This reminds me of the day that Caro lost RG 3rd round to Dani. I started a thread half joking/half serious pleading for some of the more vile trolls who were celebrating Caro's loss by being extremely rude to come into my thread and "cleanse their souls" and post something positive about Caro. I wasn't purposely being provocative even though it sounds like it...maybe just a touch out of anger but it was still good natured. Anyway, my thread was shut down/locked within ten minutes only after a few of the more notorious trolls posted and told me to "go to hell" and "fuck you" etc.
Then I get a bad rep from "BlueTrees" with the added note "it's just the way it goes around here, even the mods hate Caroline"
I noticed that day that so many negative Woz threads were flourishing and mine and a few other more positive Woz threads were assaulted and then locked.
That was an eye opening day for me here. I just couldn't understand why such a large group of vocal posters would have such an issue with a sweet hard working professional like Caro. If you don't like her game...fine! Don't care for her personally or her looks...okay with me! But to post such juvenile, abrasive things for seemingly no reason. GM reminds me too much of Perez Hilton.com sometimes (most of the time)
The comments left there are so depressingly bitter which is probably a good way to describe the posters I'm speaking of.
Yes, there's no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the mods are extremely anti-Caro. As for the rest of 'em, well, I guess that's how people are - not a pretty picture for sure. And the worst are literally crazies.

'BlueTrees' is a strange one. I once PM'd him/her to say that I hoped Safina would make a comeback so that he/she could find something better to do than to go from one thread to the other 24/7 to say how horrible Caroline is. He/she said that I got it all wrong and that he/she actually has got a lot of respect for Caroline.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #2492
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yes, there's no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the mods are extremely anti-Caro. As for the rest of 'em, well, I guess that's how people are - not a pretty picture for sure. And the worst are literally crazies.

'BlueTrees' is a strange one. I once PM'd him/her to say that I hoped Safina would make a comeback so that he/she could find something better to do than to go from one thread to the other 24/7 to say how horrible Caroline is. He/she said that I got it all wrong and that he/she actually has got a lot of respect for Caroline.
Yes, that is strange. I have had some experience with PMing with a couple of "Caro bashers" in the past year or so and the exchange is very different than their GM posting would imply. Some I think literally look at it as some "game" where they get to play the meanest bully in the sandbox so to speak.
I can't remember if it's always been like that on GM. I started here back in 2001/2002 and can't remember much of the posting.

W
ozniacki - Stephens - Halep
Townsend - Stosur - Kvitova
Isner - Wawrinka - Sock - Berdych - Raonic

Bonfire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #2493
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

GM has been a troll's paradise for as long as I've been here, but it gets worse with each year that goes by.

Yes, good point about trying to be the biggest bully. That's why I'm convinced that GM is not about giving your honest opinion but about trying to get under other posters' skin.

Old Sep 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #2494
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
GM has been a troll's paradise for as long as I've been here, but it gets worse with each year that goes by.

Yes, good point about trying to be the biggest bully. That's why I'm convinced that GM is not about giving your honest opinion but about trying to get under other posters' skin.
Yep, as soon as you state your opinion, know that someone will be right behind you to demean your comment and twist it into making them look "cool" just because they are being "anti-nice"
Anyway, can't change it and it sometimes does have it's entertainment value I suppose
I do think it's good that we talk about this stuff sometimes over here though. If not only for the sake of any new and confused "tennis fan" TF posters who may stumble upon this forum. It might help them realize that it's not just them wondering what the hell is going on over there at GM

W

Old Sep 20th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #2495
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Tough call there,folks: On the one hand,I commend you for wanting to come to Caro's defense as her fan;on the other,would it really be so terrible if a 3-year-old called Caro a 'big stinky poopoo head'?....I'm not sure if these GM-Parents'-Basement-Dwellers are any more credible

On another topic,I find it humorous that the MLB commissioner is seeking to expand their already-Jurassic-length season by adding ANOTHER round of wild-card playoffs.There was a great deal of kvetching and whining from commentators when recent World Series in Cleveland and Philadelphia displayed the fierce onslaught of an early winter....Just imagine games in a northern city that take place in mid-November

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 02:15 AM   #2496
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

I just got goodrepped for this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 03:29 AM   #2497
country flag Bonfire

Quote:

W

Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 05:22 AM   #2498
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well,that makes a lot more sense to me than getting good-repped for THIS post: "-"(minus the quote marks)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 04:42 PM   #2499
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 04:49 PM   #2500
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,that makes a lot more sense to me than getting good-repped for THIS post: "-"(minus the quote marks)
Is that something that happened to you? In which case, how did you even do that? I put a full stop in white on mine since it wouldn't let me do one character.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM   #2501
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Is that something that happened to you? In which case, how did you even do that? I put a full stop in white on mine since it wouldn't let me do one character.
No,I haven't sought to get good-repped via wordless,punctuation-only posts yet,but aye DID recently get good-repped by a woman for questioning some other male poster's manhood....I didn't really do it in a rude way;the poster impeached the manhood of a football player who's known for absorbing heavy shots and soldiering on.Since the player measures 6'4",215 lbs.,I had VERY serious doubts that the poster would ever call him a 'wussy' to his face...and I implied that the safety and anonymity of a TF poster identity was what encouraged him to use that term

Old Sep 26th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #2502
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

I've missed quite a lot it seems

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #2503
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

Chrissie fan!!! What, what what? I have a fan? I better get to the USO next year

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #2504
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
Chrissie fan!!! What, what what? I have a fan? I better get to the USO next year
You're one of my idols, Natalie.

I can't wait to see you wipe the floor with Serena and Masha!

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #2505
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I can't wait to see you wipe the floor with Serena and Masha!

Would enjoy it more if she double bageled Stacy Allaster as punishment for maintaining such an amateur website.I'd offer Nat a special bonus if she hid a small bag of dog poop under the driver's seat of Allaster's car

Last edited by bruce goose : Sep 27th, 2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Overly Forward
Closed Thread