On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 133 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #1981
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
6-0 or 6-1 is my guess.
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #1982
country flag EnerBC

EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

For Watson, she hangs in there, running like someone we know very well
EnerBC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #1983
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reff View Post
Well it did look like it was going to happen, didn't it?

Also, Watson knows how to treat breakpoint possibilities. 5/5 so far.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #1984
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Well it did look like it was going to happen, didn't it?

Also, Watson knows how to treat breakpoint possibilities. 5/5 so far.
True ... Sharapova more or less did this to herself judging by the UE count, but Watson seems to have heart. Great show! - and congrats to Sharpie
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #1985
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

So Kvitova OUT and Sharapova almost out .. what a shame .. Sharapova didn't go out too

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #1986
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So why have they slowed the US Open courts down?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #1987
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I knew Sharapova would win and that she'd win if it went to a third set.

However, it was the way she won which makes me dislike her more than any other player. It was worse than normal the loud aggressive intimidatory screaming and come ons on opponents errors. Even worse than normal. I really do hope she loses to whoever she plays against when she's like that.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #1988
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Watching McHale/Wozniak. Sigh, I still can not credit that even a slumping Caroline lost to Christina. McHale took the first set but Aleksandra just went up a break to 4-3 in the second. Caroline and Aleksandra have similar enough last names that it will almost feel like further revenge if Wozniak can win the match, that will make me smile.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #1989
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Watching McHale/Wozniak. Sigh, I still can not credit that even a slumping Caroline lost to Christina. McHale took the first set but Aleksandra just went up a break to 4-3 in the second. Caroline and Aleksandra have similar enough last names that it will almost feel like further revenge if Wozniak can win the match, that will make me smile.
On BBC Radio 5 news - they just gave the results of the Brits Laura and Heather. Then they said that earlier Kvitova had gone out. But then they said world #1 Caroline Wozniacki was currently a set down against Christine McHale .

Can you credit it. This is the BBC saying this .

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #1990
country flag The Reff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Well - better luck to Aleks next time. Mchale seems to be in a serious groove ...

Last edited by The Reff : Aug 30th, 2011 at 01:40 PM.
The Reff is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 01:17 AM   #1991
country flag The Reff

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
On BBC Radio 5 news - they just gave the results of the Brits Laura and Heather. Then they said that earlier Kvitova had gone out. But then they said world #1 Caroline Wozniacki was currently a set down against Christine McHale .

Can you credit it. This is the BBC saying this .

Ah - well, they can follow the world no 1 again tomorrow then ...
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 04:12 AM   #1992
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Would have sided with Caro on this particular occasion,anyway---but now I don't have to feel guilty for that ultra-rare instance of cheering against Petra...cuz her crappy play eliminated the possibility of that conflict

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #1993
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Big day for the younger generation; 16 year old Madison Keys and 17 year old Laura Robson move to the 2nd round.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #1994
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reff View Post
Should've mentioned it earlier,but I love the Voltaire quote in your sig

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #1995
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

another Slam Chump gave a pathetic performance. After Kvitova, Li Na is now out too. All this talk from 'experts' how it will be so hard for Caroline with the pressure of being a slamless #1 and boo hoo blah blah ..

well from where I am sitting, it looks like the pressure weighs more on the slam chumps

PS Caro down to 11-1 .. still running that one

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread