On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 124 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #1846
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Dang...151 people in this forum now with 13 members.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #1847
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Darren Cahill's use of 1st names in referring to players is kind of annoying. The occassional use of a 1st name by the commentators is fine by Cahill does it a lot.
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #1848
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Darren Cahill's use of 1st names in referring to players is kind of annoying. The occassional use of a 1st name by the commentators is fine by Cahill does it a lot.
I like how he adds an "r" to the end of any players name that ends in a vowel.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #1849
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
It was not intended as a cheap shot but I do think that you mention Ana much more often than is necessary and I believe I said so to you in a previous post. Burisleif has been plenty critical of some of my posts and opinions and I see have no reason to try to ingratiate myself with him but at the same time if he talks sense I'll agree with him. Perhaps Burisleif and I are the only ones that think the Ana bashing is excessive? If so I shall say no more about it.

Ultimately I blame Caroline for the slight bit of friction around here lately. If she would just start winning again I'm sure we would all be much happier.
Well,I over-reacted a bit and I'm going to delete some of the stronger words from the other post,but I think that you,and 1 or 2 others,exaggerate a bit...as if I filled the page with diatribe against other players.When Petrova won her match against ___,I was so animated that I posted:NOTHING

I only commiserated BRIEFLY with 'Skyblue' because I know how nasty and hateful that other forum can be,and I don't go nearly as far as you'd find there...also,I think that other player lacks character and integrity and is pumped up wayyy too much by the WTA p.r. people(though I understand their practical promotional goals).I'll try to be respectful of your wishes but I honestly don't see any great transgression if I joke around with SkyBlue or someone else every five days or so

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #1850
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

something weird happened last night in the Serena off-topic forum; a bunch of non-fans were there trolling for some reason
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #1851
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Dang...151 people in this forum now with 13 members.
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #1852
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
something weird happened last night in the Serena off-topic forum; a bunch of non-fans were there trolling for some reason
Isn't there a moderator there?
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #1853
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes you could almost get the feeling that destiny is watching over Caro...

This is the second tournament in a row where she makes an early exit and again most of her closest contenders slip as well. Vika leaves empty-handed, Li & Kvitova both make R3 exits.... really softens the point blow quite a bit.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #1854
country flag Protoss

Here's a funny tweet from Laura Robson:

Just walked into an Adidas store decked out in my Adidas gear and they offered me a job. Haha!

http://twitter.com/#!/laurarobson5/s...05816236072960
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #1855
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Sometimes you could almost get the feeling that destiny is watching over Caro...

This is the second tournament in a row where she makes an early exit and again most of her closest contenders slip as well. Vika leaves empty-handed, Li & Kvitova both make R3 exits.... really softens the point blow quite a bit.
Don't forget about Maria Sharapova. She has got a final to defend in Cincinnati but after the US Open she had a first round exit in Tokyo and a second round exit in Beijing, two tournaments that Caroline has a ton of points to defend.

I really do not want to see Caroline cling to number one unless her results improve.

Old Aug 19th, 2011, 01:56 AM   #1856
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't forget about Maria Sharapova. She has got a final to defend in Cincinnati but after the US Open she had a first round exit in Tokyo and a second round exit in Beijing, two tournaments that Caroline has a ton of points to defend.

I really do not want to see Caroline cling to number one unless her results improve.
Cincinnati points came off last week, as the Rogers Cup swapped positions with Cinci this year
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 04:22 AM   #1857
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caroline is stabler than Dinarik was,but I've got some strong memories from when Dinara's #1 reign got REAL ugly in the latter stages of 2009,and she wasn't able to handle it well....Even a return to Caroline's AO form would likely be enough to quiet many critics

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 04:54 AM   #1858
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

I am super excited about Andy PetGOATvic and her second consecutive victory over the reigning Wimbledon champ
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #1859
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I´m really repulsed at some of the comments her "fans" have left her on Facebook for the past few days... it's a shame how ungrateful people are and how quickly they turn on you...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #1860
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
I am super excited about Andy PetGOATvic and her second consecutive victory over the reigning Wimbledon champ
After her results on hardcourts last year I suspected that Petra might struggle again this year. It's true that she had a good run at the Australian Open this year but for whatever reason her game does not seem to click on American hardcourts. She can be a streaky player and it wouldn't shock me if she has a deep run at the US Open but I suspect that she will continue to have some disappointing results during the Asian swing of the tour. It should be interesting to see how she does at the year end championships and if that court suits her game any better.

Closed Thread