On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 119 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #1771
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
No,you're not alone...and I agree with you on the 'not-a-sport' issue....unless we consider Scrabble and Parcheesi "sports" as well
Scrabble is not a sport, golf obviously is. It just happens to be a sport you don't like. You need physical skills to be good at golf, snooker, darts, bowls and so on. Not the same skills as you need for tennis, soccer, boxing or cycling, but that's why we have a wide range of sports. For scrabble, poker, chess or monopoly you don't need physical skills - the result depends exclusively on luck or in some cases (like chess) on how smart you are, so the're not sports but games. Nothing wrong with games though. I have as much respect for the world chess champ as for any sports champ.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #1772
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Why is it that talented Danish tennis players always seem to have foreign-sounding last names?
Not true. We also have others, like Barbat and Alipieva. And young talents like Selma Slimane, Sofia Samavati, Ana Savic, Stefani Lekic, and Valeriia Bazhanova. Wait...

angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #1773
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Not true. We also have others, like Barbat and Alipieva. And young talents like Selma Slimane, Sofia Samavati, Ana Savic, Stefani Lekic, and Valeriia Bazhanova. Wait...

How many of those have top 100 potential?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #1774
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
How many of those have top 100 potential?
These are all U12 girls, so it's really too early to predict anything. The young tennis girls in Denmark really seems to enjoy playing tennis in their early teens, but few manage to stay motivated after they're 14 or 15. And very few are willing to pursue a pro career even if they have the talent (Mai Grage, Hanne Skak, Eva Dyrberg are notable examples). To get an education and a civil job is much more important than having a sports career in a country like Denmark.

But Simone Alipieva, now 13 years of age, must be singled out. She certainly has top 100 potential. She's been winning a lot of tournament in Europe this summer, and she's ranked #14 in Europe among girls born 1998 or later. Caro and Piotr have also noticed Alipieva's talent, and Piotr has said that she's better at this stage of her career than Caroline was! I think the Wozniackis are sponsoring or helping Simone Alipieva in some ways, and she has also been training at the Wozniacki Academy.

Simone has a really bold game, not at all like usual girls. She approches the net a lot, uses volleys, dropshots, and is really strong physically. Some of her opponents says she plays men's tennis! But there has always been some sort of playfulness to her game (to the dismay of her coaches, who prefers a more serious and conservative type of game).
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #1775
country flag kollun

kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Love is a powerful word...

Basta Cossi... far more so

And like so many before I'm happy to not post here if as Mr Bruce intimates, that the is the perceived feeling is bad...

London and the "Amusement" really hasn't left me desperately in the mood to deal with the same crap online.

Vote people...
Just do what I did a long time ago, put bruce goose on the ignore list. Still I agree, he should open his own Bash Ana forum instead of using this one. Quite irritating to be honest, even if he is on my ignore list.
kollun is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #1776
country flag kollun

kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold kollun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
These are all U12 girls, so it's really too early to predict anything. The young tennis girls in Denmark really seems to enjoy playing tennis in their early teens, but few manage to stay motivated after they're 14 or 15. And very few are willing to pursue a pro career even if they have the talent (Mai Grage, Hanne Skak, Eva Dyrberg are notable examples). To get an education and a civil job is much more important than having a sports career in a country like Denmark.

But Simone Alipieva, now 13 years of age, must be singled out. She certainly has top 100 potential. She's been winning a lot of tournament in Europe this summer, and she's ranked #14 in Europe among girls born 1998 or later. Caro and Piotr have also noticed Alipieva's talent, and Piotr has said that she's better at this stage of her career than Caroline was! I think the Wozniackis are sponsoring or helping Simone Alipieva in some ways, and she has also been training at the Wozniacki Academy.

Simone has a really bold game, not at all like usual girls. She approches the net a lot, uses volleys, dropshots, and is really strong physically. Some of her opponents says she plays men's tennis! But there has always been some sort of playfulness to her game (to the dismay of her coaches, who prefers a more serious and conservative type of game).
What about the younger sister of Emilie Francati? Any good?
kollun is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #1777
country flag angliru

Helena Francati certainly has potential but she's just 10 or 11 so anything can happen. Sometimes siblings can motivate and inspire each other to become even better (as we saw with the Laudrup brothers). We'll have to wait and see.

Martine Ditlev also has a younger sister, Agnes Ditlev, who seems quite talented. But she's still only 9 years old, if I'm not mistaken.
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #1778
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not true. We also have others, like Barbat and Alipieva.
Barbat's dad punched an ITF player and put her in hospital because she was cheering the opponent playing his daughter, didn't he?
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #1779
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Barbat's dad punched an ITF player and put her in hospital because she was cheering the opponent playing his daughter, didn't he?
Hulk smash!

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #1780
country flag angliru

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
That's what he's accused for (or what's being investigated, if I understand it correctly). What really happened is probably a bit more complicated according to Karen Barbat. I wasn't there. But what a tragic story for everyone involved.
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #1781
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Scrabble is not a sport, golf obviously is. It just happens to be a sport you don't like. You need physical skills to be good at golf, snooker, darts, bowls and so on. Not the same skills as you need for tennis, soccer, boxing or cycling, but that's why we have a wide range of sports. For scrabble, poker, chess or monopoly you don't need physical skills - the result depends exclusively on luck or in some cases (like chess) on how smart you are, so the're not sports but games. Nothing wrong with games though. I have as much respect for the world chess champ as for any sports champ.
First,give me a long,long while to get over being put on the genius 'Kollun's ignore list...OKAY!I'm over it now

You're 100% right,of course,and I was merely taking shots at golf for fun...yes,it is a sport and it certainly requires lots of talent

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #1782
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I've been wondering when someone will come along and take Serena's place as the best player on the Wta. A couple of years ago Nadal did that to Federer on the Atp and this year Djokovic has passed Federer as well leaving him now the 3rd best player on the Atp.

There doesn't seem to be anyone except possibly Kvitova who could displace Serena at the top of the Wta though (I'm not referring to ranking). Shouldn't Serena have some young challenger at this point like Nadal was to Federer for a couple of years before surpassing him?
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #1783
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else think that Viktoria is going to defeat Serena? I think she takes it in straight sets relatively easily, say 6-3 6-4.

Old Aug 13th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #1784
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Does anyone else think that Victoria is going to defeat Serena? I think she takes it in straight sets relatively easily, say 6-3 6-4.
I dunno. If Serena goes with her first strike game instead of playing rallies, the odds are pretty good of her winning. Otherwise, it's hard to say.

Hmmm...I guess Serena in 3.
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #1785
country flag DownInAHole

I may have made a slight miscalculation in my original prediction. As has been proven over and over again I do not have the slightest idea what I am talking about.

Well, I'll go down with the ship. Viktoria in three.

Closed Thread