On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 113 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #1681
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

I'd love to live in the US again...
Frederik is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 02:05 AM   #1682
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeisukeHonda View Post
I'd love to live in the US again...
Well it's true whoever said that "home is where the heart lies" because it's 100% true. I was born in Germany and that's where I belong I don't like the USA because there are so many superficial people here. All are worried about the fortune and not focusing on life itself. Life is too short to focus on such little things...
I'm not saying all Americans are like that, but the lifestyle here is not for me..too fast-paced Sprichts du Deutsch? Warum bist du im Deautschland? Arbeit? Where did you live in the USA when you were here?
The only good thing about Ohio is that I'm close to Cincy so I get to see the pros every year -- but that's it Even my horse hates it here...if I could I would ship him to Germany with me

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Last edited by SwissMiss19 : Aug 6th, 2011 at 02:19 AM.
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #1683
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
Well it's true whoever said that "home is where the heart lies" because it's 100% true. I was born in Germany and that's where I belong I don't like the USA because there are so many superficial people here. All are worried about the fortune and not focusing on life itself. Life is too short to focus on such little things...Even my horse hates it here...if I could I would ship him to Germany with me
Was gonna expound on your post but you've covered the important themes fairly darned well

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 02:59 AM   #1684
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sprichts du Deutsch? Warum bist du im Deautschland? Arbeit? Where did you live in the USA when you were here?
The only good thing about Ohio is that I'm close to Cincy so I get to see the pros every year -- but that's it Even my horse hates it here...if I could I would ship him to Germany with me
I only lived in the US for about 2 years. The first year of my life and 1 year as an exchange student - probably about 4 years ago. (I'm 21 btw)

I lived just outside of Orlando.

Ja, ich spreche Deutsch

Aber in Ohio würde ich auch nicht wohnen wollen.
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #1685
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeisukeHonda View Post
Ja, ich spreche Deutsch
If you can speak Japanese,the language spoken by the fine manufacturers of the Keisuke Honda luxury automobile(the Japanese Rolls Royce),then you're probably the only fan in this forum who can communicate with leaders from bOTH WW2 Axis superpowers....we're not including the Italians,with their retreat-gear tanks,as a 'superpower'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #1686
country flag Frederik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If you can speak Japanese
not a word
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #1687
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
If you can speak Japanese,the language spoken by the fine manufacturers of the Keisuke Honda luxury automobile(the Japanese Rolls Royce),then you're probably the only fan in this forum who can communicate with leaders from bOTH WW2 Axis superpowers....we're not including the Italians,with their retreat-gear tanks,as a 'superpower'
You really come up with some tangential comments sometimes.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #1688
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I miss Germany weather and, overall, I miss my heimstadt...I'm so sick of the USA. I want to go back home!! It's so humid in Ohio that you only have to walk outside for 5 seconds and you sweat. Ridiculous...before the first bead of sweat hits the ground you get attacked by 5 mosquitoes...unfortunately they love my blood...I like vampires but I don't want this kind of attention!!
If I may I would like to dedicate this song to a traurig deutsches Mädchen:

and because I am a massive Blur fan, and the song is vaguely German :

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)

Last edited by DownInAHole : Aug 6th, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #1689
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
You really come up with some tangential comments sometimes.
Well,aye do my best...always a pleasure to chat with you,the esteemed President of the Wozniacki Antarctic Fan Club

Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #1690
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I dislike about these US tournaments is having one evening semfinal followed the next day by an early aftermoon/morning final.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #1691
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
One thing I dislike about these US tournaments is having one evening semfinal followed the next day by an early aftermoon/morning final.
Yeah,it IS sort of an unfair catering to prime-time matches...which is ratings(MONEY)-driven,I'd say and,to be perfectly honest,look at which country we're talking about

Old Aug 8th, 2011, 03:24 AM   #1692
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

This is the one part of the year where I like living in the US West Coast; I don't have to adjust my sleep schedule to watch matches
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #1693
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
This is the one part of the year where I like living in the US West Coast; I don't have to adjust my sleep schedule to watch matches
You sure hit the big time in SD with 2 of your faves making the semis...and Horny Petkovic was thoughtful with her blog,too

Old Aug 8th, 2011, 04:35 AM   #1694
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You sure hit the big time in SD with 2 of your faves making the semis...and Horny Petkovic was thoughtful with her blog,too
yup; I wish it could have been the final though...
oh well, one cracked the top ten and the other took the title

On another note, I love that Djokovic is having the best year of his career, while the same cannot be said for certain Serbian WTAers
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #1695
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
yup; I wish it could have been the final though...
oh well, one cracked the top ten and the other took the title

On another note, I love that Djokovic is having the best year of his career, while the same cannot be said for certain Serbian WTAers
Jankovic has Goerges in the first round. Julia has not been doing too well since the clay season ended so Jelena should have a decent shot at winning. If she does she potentially has Serena in the second round. In the past Jelena has had some success against Serena, maybe a match against one of her longtime rivals is what she needs to get herself pumped up for the rest of the season? I'm not a fan of Jelena but I do think she deserves a slam and would like to see her win one. That really does not look like it is going to happen but in sports just about anything is possible.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread