On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM   #151
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
This site was founded by Pova fans, so if you poke at Maria here you ask for trouble. I understand their pain, denial is a natural stage before you realize things are not gonna be like it was.

I`m enjoying the moments now, the caro fans here are heavily outnumbered but she needs our support and she deserves it. Caro is taking on the world order of tennis atm.

When some kid comes from behind one day to take over from Caro I will of course defend Caro. In denial, a true fan does.
I did not know, but that explains so much!

As for something completely different. Caro is fave for Miami title ahead of Kim at 4.1. Sharapova is 25-1 with no lay in sight..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:07 PM   #152
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

lol Carofan. Let me see if I can think up some other gems on the way their minds work:
  1. Anyone can be #1 just by playing lots of tournaments and being a tournament whore.
  2. Playing as little as possible on the WTA and pulling out of tournaments late is a good thing. Playing a full schedule is being a tournament whore and is bad for the WTA.
  3. Any headline or title of a thread about what a player has apparently said is gospel and indisputable - especially if there is no link. If there is a link, then for any difference between what she says in the link and the titlle of the thread - the title of the thread must be taken as the truth.
  4. What a player would do or could do as far as wins / losses is infinitely more important than what the results they actually get.
  5. Regardless of how a player has been doing, if a top player has a bad loss in their last tournament - they should retire.
  6. Players should not respond to questions about their injuries and other news since we are all fed up with some players constantly having the need to tell us.
  7. The WTA is about to go under and needs to be saved. Only ballbashers and/or players who have at least 3 slams can save the WTA.
  8. The amount of time you can actually play at your peak means nothing and peak vs peak is all important when determining who is the better player.
  9. If you retire and make a comeback - you obviously knew you were going to do this when you retired and you should have just said you were taking a break. If you retire - you should not be allowed to return and make comeback.
And two specifically on Caro:
  1. The definition of a MM tournament depends on which tournments Caro wins. Nowadays the meaning of a MM tournament is any tournament apart from the slams and the YEC.
  2. No matter how many people you may see watching a match Caro plays - you are deluded. The stadiums are really empty, no-one is watching because she is so boring.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM   #153
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This site was founded by Pova fans,
Then it's high time that those fans did something about controlling their trolls instead of using them as a crutch.

If their is one thing I detest more than a pack of little bullies... It's the people that silently stand bye and let it happen while secretly giggling.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:59 PM   #154
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Odds move further in Caro's favour. Caro 3.8; Kim 5.0, Vera 11 ... the rest like Pova 25, Kvitova 27 .. just to mention two players much more 'talented' than Caro and loved by GM

But one thing's for sure, long gone are the days where one could put a cheeky wager on young Caro and pick up a nice profit .. Ohhh I am reminiscing now, but during Montreal last year, Caro was 2.2 for the win Vs Pennetta. 2.2 .. just on match. Now we get 3.8 if she wins a whole darn mandatory tournament ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM   #155
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

11 on Vera looks like a juicy bet. Shame I can only bet on individual matches where I play. Yeah, take a guess where that is.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #156
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So has anyone here checked out Espn's Pulse? It gives a virtual representation of points and some stats you normally only get sometimes in broadcasts like rally hit points. I just noticed it a few minutes ago. I can't seem to find a way to go back and check out matches already played though.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/pulse
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #157
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This site was founded by Pova fans, so if you poke at Maria here you ask for trouble. I understand their pain, denial is a natural stage before you realize things are not gonna be like it was.

I`m enjoying the moments now, the caro fans here are heavily outnumbered but she needs our support and she deserves it. Caro is taking on the world order of tennis atm.

When some kid comes from behind one day to take over from Caro I will of course defend Caro. In denial, a true fan does.
Actually GM here for the longest time hated Sharapova, even the mods. People called her overrated, overhyped, and said she only got attention simply because she's a tall blonde even though at the time she was clearly a top player winning various titles, including Slams. Things only changed when she got that horrible shoulder injury and was out for 9 months. That's when people started being sympathetic.

That's probably the only way Caro's gonna get more fans as well. And that says a lot more about GM than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Sadly the low standards we see here on TF aren't unique. I'm also a member of another tennis site where Caro is now being criticized for the flag thing at the Azarenka match. The critique is manyfold: 1) It's a cheap publicity stunt, 2) She should donate money instead/arrange a real charity event, 3) She's defacing the Japanese flag by writing on it, 4) Why didn't she go get the flag herself?, 5) Caro being photographed holding the flag alone (after Vika had been injured) means she's trying to hog all the attention etc!
Sigh! It really is amazing how so many tennis 'fans' are able to see bad intentions everywhere just because they don't like a player's game style!

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372822
Yeah I've been to other places on the Internet where they act like Caroline's the Anti Christ.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #158
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Can folks outside the US access Espn3.com? Cuz it's supposed to be offering live streaming from Miami starting tomorrow.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #159
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

For the record,I haven't been too impressed with Mattek-Sands as a person since she abandoned her blog last year.In MY opinion,you shouldn't volunteer or agree to do the official WTA tourney blog if you can't follow through.Some of you might not be familiar with Barry Bonds,but he was a fraudulent American baseballer who had very GOOD stats that only became GREAT stats after he began shooting up steroids....In any event,he was always sort of a jerk yet he was honest enough to make it clear that fan interaction was NOT a priority for him...only at the end,when the steroid scandal escalated,did he try to cower behind the local fans of the team he played for....

BMS puts on a nice show in order to get camera time,IMO,because her tennis results would leave her as a back-page afterthought.A while back I gave her the benefit of the doubt with her antics but she went into PMS Bitch Mode when she lost in the singles and doubles final of one of the MM tourneys(think it was Quebec City),and she basically told the fans to go f--k themselves.In contrast,Lisa Raymond has often provided thoughtful posts even 2 or 3 days after she was eliminated from a big tournament.We shouldn't expect the typical player to go THAT far;however,there's a fairly-clear understanding that you at least post a short 'goodbye' blog whenever you get eliminated: "Too bad I couldn't win the title...hope you enjoyed my blog this week...I'll do it again for you sometime in the future(blah,blah,blah)...",for example...yet that was too emotionally and intellectually taxing for Bethanie.I'm not saying that she's a terrible person;I just see her as kind of an insincere,phony camera hog...like Rennae Stubbs

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?

Last edited by bruce goose : Mar 25th, 2011 at 08:00 PM.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #160
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Can folks outside the US access Espn3.com? Cuz it's supposed to be offering live streaming from Miami starting tomorrow.
I don't think so but maybe the stream will be available from "other" sources.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #161
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I get Untrusted certificate...
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #162
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Nice photo in the main thread with Serena showing her warm affection for Caro again...just one more rebuke for the self-righteous,pontificating asswipes who pretend to have principled reasons for hating Caro.SUPPOSEDLY,their pure love for the sport causes them to dislike Caro's imperfect form and what a bad example it sets...and their consciences compel these bitch-asses to vent their hostility.....yeah

Funny thing is,Serena has a LOT more motivation for disliking Caro than the self-proclaimed experts do...and we've seen during Dinara's #1 stint that Ree isn't shy about sharing her disapproval.With Caro's athleticism,stamina,mental toughness,skill and determination,she poses a genuine threat to SW's claim to #1...and yet Serena doesn't seem,outwardly,the least bit upset about all that...even though tennis is her career and a fundamental part of her life.....So,if Serena can avoid wetting her panties over Caro's winner tally,then I suppose the tennis 'experts' at TF should be able to do so also,huh?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #163
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Nice photo in the main thread with Serena showing her warm affection for Caro again...
I think it was at the Rock’n Racquets Tour event 2008 where both Caro and Serena were there to play. Caro told the newspaper EB.dk, that Serena had told her she was her biggest fan and when she retire, Caro should reservate a seat for her at every tournament.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #164
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I think it was at the Rock’n Racquets Tour event 2008 where both Caro and Serena were there to play. Caro told the newspaper EB.dk, that Serena had told her she was her biggest fan and when she retire, Caro should reservate a seat for her at every tournament.
That's an even BIGGER endorsement b/c it means that Serena doesn't consider Caro's game boring and actually enjoys watching her play

Old Mar 26th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #165
country flag bruce goose

If anybody saw the match or has access to a reliable report,I'd like to hear how Masha looked today vs. Lisicki.Beating Sabine is no big accomplishment nowadays so the scoreline doesn't necessarily reflect the whole picture.With so many greats either gone or on the way out,I'd like to see Maria get near her old slam-winning form strictly from the standpoint that it adds another dramatic player to the WTA

Closed Thread