What happened to Aravane Rezai? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #1
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future
What happened to Aravane Rezai?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIysLAuJE5g

She plays a great tennis, why cannot she win any matches?
Such a joy to watch
Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #2
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What happened to Aravane Rezai?

ballbashers have more days off than on so
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #3
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

She's having personal problems with her father. I expect her to drop out of the Top 50 later this year unfortunately.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #4
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

You hated her like last week

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #5
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoc View Post
You hated her like last week
Yeah, because I saw her playing two times, and she was really boring: her match with Gisela at Bastad 2010 and against Jovanovski at Cincinnati 2010.
But I'm watching some of her matches against Serena and Vee, or Henin, and she's just amazing
Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #6
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute

Her dad is knocking her around a little bit. She's struggling with those personal issues.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #7
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hian View Post
Yeah, because I saw her playing two times, and she was really boring: her match with Gisela at Bastad 2010 and against Jovanovski at Cincinnati 2010.
But I'm watching some of her matches against Serena and Vee, or Henin, and she's just amazing
Maybe you will keep an open mind from now on, then.

I have followed Aravane since I saw her play Sharapova at RG in 2005, and I could see she had immense potential. She has qualities which are next to impossible to teach--perfect timing, mental toughness, and a never say die attitude. She also believes in herself. Other things, like conditioning, technique, adding variety, those things can be learned, and developed, but she has the building blocks of a great game.

Aravane had some unlucky things happen to her last season just as she was making a push to the top 10. She suffered some injuries at inopprtune times, which cost her training time when she had a big opportunity to make gains in the rankings. This lead to a parting of ways with her coach, which was undoubtedly premature. Also, her brother, and hitting partner, was very ill last summer and did not travel with her. She also started feeling the results of fatigue from overplaying. All of these things fed into a
patch of poor play in the Fall. Nevertheless, she was one of the few players who beat Wozniacki in 2010, and did it while injured, so I think that speaks volumes about her fighting ability and what she is capable of.

As for this season, it can't be easy to play a match when you've had a quarrel with your family. Whatever it was about, she indicated it was like an "earthquake" in her head. She needs some time to get through this. Her fans have been sending her messages of support. We want her happy, first and foremost. Tennis can come later. She will be back. She has the game, and the mental ability, to reach the top. When she sorts it out, fans will start jumping on her bandwagon in droves.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #8
country flag abfab7

abfab7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Aravanecaravan, really well explained like always !!!
We have to give her some time to come back stronger. Like you said she had personal issues in the beginning of the year and also she just took a new coach.
So she needs some time to adapt to his way of coaching and to be fit physically and mentally...

But we will we there for her, waiting to see her at her best.
abfab7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:22 AM   #9
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Hope u find form and full happiness soon. I believe ur so amazing