Glenn NOT Jelena's coach - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #1
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all
Glenn NOT Jelena's coach

They just said on the telly.
Louise Pleming (AIS coach) was overlooking Jelena's practice before todays match.
NOT likely to be her full time coach
I wonder what happened...
Glenn was in Australia!
Something big must have gone down....
Or Jelena realised he wasn't helping her game much....
dok-stos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #2
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Glenn NOT Jelena's coach

Oh my, TA probably gave her that coach just for the AO. Hopefully we won't see Borna again this spring
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #3
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

The channel 7 commentator just said "she's had to deal with changing her coach in the lead up to this match, so you know she's had it rough" or something to that effect, so schaap is definitely gone.

Would love to see Dokic/Rezai
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #4
country flag Slutati
The Most Lovely Member

Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck him
Slutati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #5
country flag sarddenso

sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold sarddenso is a splendid one to behold

She certainly seems like a different player today, even without a coach!!!
sarddenso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #6
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

What will Jelena do now ? Hopefully she won't disappear after AO
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #7
country flag Slutati
The Most Lovely Member

Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. Can you say what's happened with the coach? There's some suggestion you split.

JELENA DOKIC: Yeah, we split a couple days ago, right before the Australian Open. Nothing special. No hard feelings, you know. There are certain people that suit you for your game and for your personality. This was just not one of them. This is the first time we traveled together, so it was all kind of a test period anyway.

Yeah, I feel like, you know, he didn't suit the type of tennis that I wanted to play. You know, just one of those people. Maybe he's good for somebody else, but I didn't feel that click, basically. That's it, you know, nothing else.

Yeah, that was my feeling inside. I went by my instinct. I think I made the right choice.

Q. Have you made any decisions on who you might lean on for this tournament?

JELENA DOKIC: I'm working with Tennis Australia, actually with Louise Pleming. She's helping me out. I'm playing doubles with Sally. She's working with Sally, and that's why we thought it would be best. She's just helping me with my warmups and hits until I get through this tournament.

Q. Tough to make a decision so close to a major with so much on the line?

JELENA DOKIC: Yeah, it is. I made the decision three days ago, so, yeah, it was tough. But, you know, I felt like even in the playoff and Brisbane and Sydney, I didn't feel good, didn't play the way I wanted to play. We just had different opinions on what I should do.

I think it's tough. I do want to listen to the coach, but at the same time, I'm also not 15 years old. So I have some experience and I know what I want to do. I just want to focus on that and make that better.

But, yeah, like I said, you know, you just don't click with certain people and that's it. It was a hard decision, but I had to do it.

Q. You played more aggressively, swinging for the lines.

JELENA DOKIC: I played too much up and down, you know, in the playoff as well and also in the last two tournaments, just going for too much, just finishing points too early. That's not the way I wanted to play. I wanted to build up points more, play a little bit like I did today.

It's hard to change your game three days before a tournament, but I had to do it. I did it. I think I did pretty well, especially in the match, to come out and beat a girl who's ranked 70 or 80 in the world, beat her comfortably with just two or three days of going back to my old things.

So I think it's very positive, yeah.
That's what I'm talking about. WTF did Glenn try to do with her game? A mess.
Slutati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #8
country flag Dokic Pierce
How Very Dare You!

Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of

Wow, you have to give this girl Jelena credit. She played so much better today, her pace was back and so were her strokes. Her groundies have never been a problem anyway I don't know why Glenn was trying to shorten them. Her serve and fitness are the 2 factors IMHO, if she can improve those, she will make a great comeback!
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #9
country flag MiLaN_89

MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold MiLaN_89 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...257983464.html

...The 2009 quarterfinalist comes into the Open without a coach, after splitting with Glenn Schaap just three days before the start of the tournament. She said that she would focus on finding a new coach once the tournament is over.

JELENA DOKIC FAN

Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic
MiLaN_89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #10
country flag Just Do It

Yes, Glenn tried to change Jelena's game and it just didnt click for her, she didn't like it. I am kinda glad she got rid of him ... oh and please dont hire Borna again
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #11
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she got rid of him as well. It obviously wasn't working and she played much better today than she has been. I just hope she doesn't take 2 months off to find a new coach again like last time.
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #12
country flag Just Do It

Oh, and that must be the reason why she switched back to her old Wilson racket
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #13
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Well it seems good, glenn obviously made her play the way she didnt like. Jelly needs to find a coach that can help her play her way

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #14
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed Jelena trying to construct those points more tonight... when I thought she would blast a winner she'd moonball it back Love you so much Jelena! You make me a happy fan.
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #15
country flag jackw66

jackw66 is an unknown quantity at this point

YIKES - Things sure worked well between them when she won the 15 matches in a row. While she looked confident and smart last night, I can't help to be a wee bit nervous. She had credited Glenn for a lot recently...
jackw66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote