Best point you remember you played in a match - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:56 PM   #16
country flag MBM
@markmcgee91

MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best point you remember you played in a match

Mine came as a result of bad tactical play early on... I lobbed a ball up and moved forward...hmmm why'd I do that? I realised my error and decided to just pick a direction and guess with a full swing. I guessed right and the ball made it over the net to my friend's feet. He chipped it back any way he could and i won the point with a gorgeous acute drop volley as he fell over to make it back to the net :P

That would be the only time I have ever got a racket on a smash before it bounced! Let alone get it back in play. I got a giddy feeling iside ^_^
MBM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2011, 04:26 AM   #17
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I am just the worst at the net, so the best point I remember was a volley winner. It was a really long ralley, slice, moon balls. The girl I was playing finally hit a drop shot (neither of us could hit a winner to save our life) and then I sliced it back deep. She hit a boot lace pacing shot and I half volleyed it back blindly, did a 360 and the ball landed in, the girl got to it (it bounced high) and it a forehand straight at me, I got my racquet up and bunted it back her feet, she half volleyed another forehand to the left of me and I put it away with a forehand winner.

I fist pumped, and was thinking...holy crap, I can't do that. I would have shouted come on or something, but I was up 6-0, 5-1...so you know...not that tight.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 11:30 PM   #18
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute

My best was before Christmas, had been really cold so the courts were still icy. Playing singles and defended from way outside the doubles alley with a squash shot forehand, the guy volleys it and I sprint like crazy back to the other side and manage to flick a one handed backhand into the air. Not the best lob but did great to get there and he had a decent chance at a smash. I go scrambling back over to the forehand side and manage to hit another slice forehand on the stretch, slip over on the ice and do a full roll, and look up just in time to see it go past him at the net for a winner

Very satisfying although I managed to cut my knee and scrape a load of skin off my shoulder and elbow
champion88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:26 PM   #19
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I had lost the first set 1-6 won the second 7-5 and it was a tiebreaker in the third set and match point at 7-6 for him in the breaker. I missed my first serve in the bottom of the net so I was nervous. I hit a very soft 75MPH serve in the middle of the box and he crushes an inside out forehand. He says Come on! But I race to the ball and just get my racket on it. He hits a really good crosscourt angle and I run with all my speed and hit a winner down the line. I ended up winning the tiebreaker 9-7 and the tournament later.
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #20
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold

Hitting a backhand return winner DTL in a doubles match. But none of us ever really play tennis (this was just a social gathering) so I guess it didn't really count for much :P
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #21
country flag KBlade

KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future

Two over my favourite points was when I once hit a heavy topspin forehand that dragged my opponent out of the court. He had no choice then to go for broke, so he crushed a huge forehand down the line, and I ran as fast as I could and went into a perfectly controlled defensive slide (on a hard court)and I got my racket on it and I managed to slice is back cross court for a winner.

The second one was when during an exchange at the net, a ball landed behind my body. I managed to just get my racket on it, and with a flick of the wrist, it hit it from behind me, past my opponent down the line.
KBlade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 05:01 AM   #22
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

One that sticks out in my mind was in a high school match this season, we were playing a team at indoor courts, which I love to play on so I was already feelin it and had hit some good winners. My backhand has always been a liability for me, and I use it more just to get the ball in play, or slice rather than go for anything too big. I had been practicing a couple days before with my coach on how to be aggressive with my backhand. The set was close, but I was feeling a lot of adrenaline. I was playing defense most of this point and my opponent was running me around a bit. He hit a solid shot to my backhand corner and came to the net. Out of pure adrenaline I just decided to go for the winner and cracked a backhand down the line and passed him. I fist pumped and gave a big "come on" and looked towards my coach, who was definitely pleased. That's definitely one of my fondest tennis memories!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #23
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

well i have 2, ones the best shot and the other is the best point.

The best shot i ever hit was i was playing someone on a wet grasscourt and he hit a VERY low slice backhand that skidded so badly and bounced really low i bent down and hit the best angled backhand ever, i dont even know how and it was a winner

And the best rally ever i have had was me and my opponent moving each other around crosscourt for ages and then they hit a really wide forehand and i ran way out of court and hit a winner right into the corner

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #24
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

Reading some of these sound so amazing.In contrast.....

The best point I ever won is when it was 3-3 in the third set, and I was getting a bit tired of rallying so I ran up to the net without any approach shot and managed to, somehow do a drop volley off of a drilled shot right at me.
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 03:21 AM   #25
country flag KBlade

KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashabator View Post
well i have 2, ones the best shot and the other is the best point.

The best shot i ever hit was i was playing someone on a wet grasscourt and he hit a VERY low slice backhand that skidded so badly and bounced really low i bent down and hit the best angled backhand ever, i dont even know how and it was a winner

And the best rally ever i have had was me and my opponent moving each other around crosscourt for ages and then they hit a really wide forehand and i ran way out of court and hit a winner right into the corner
I always find these types of winners are the most satisfying. Just hit it and pray
KBlade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote