Could someone give me some info about the must-see sights in Vancouver? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 1st, 2011, 08:54 PM   #1
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute
Could someone give me some info about the must-see sights in Vancouver?

So I am on eharmony, and this match starts communicating with me a month or so ago, and ordinarily I wouldn't bother responding, because 99% of the matches just aren't my cup of tea, but this girl is amazing...I mean, smart, accomplished, ambitious, and drop dead....I mean, drop dead. Why the hell she started communicating with me, who knows, but anyway, ....

She is from Vancouver and I am from Florida and one of the things we have in common, ironically, is...tennis. Playing, watching....and, get this--the business she owns partners with the WTA. They actually do contract guarantees for the tour athletes using their product. Interesting....

Anyway, now, we've exchanged a ton of emails, and, we seem to have some things in common, values-wise and goals-wise, etc. and she says I'm welcome to visit her up there and it would be "great to meet in person".

So....

Other than the fact that I don't have a passport, which I am working on, let's do a differential diagnosis and figure out some stuff up there in Canada that I can throw into a trip on the pretext of saying "I'm going to be up in Vancouver in such and such month and it would be great if we could get together for dinner." (or rollerblading or mountainclimbing or whatever)

So, for you Canadians from the area, eh, I would really appreciate some advice on the local sights and hot spots. Thanks for any advice you can offer me!

Garbińe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM   #2
country flag DaMamaJama87

DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future
Re: Could someone give me some info about the must-see sights in Vancouver?

There is a lot to do in Vancouver in the spring and summer if you are an outdoors person. You can climb grouse mountain which is a mountain in the city. You can rollerblade or cycle through Stanley Park which is close to the downtown part of the city and has forests and beaches in it. You can go see the Olympic Village from the winter games last year. You can walk through Granville island which is a tourist area with crafts and artists. You can go skiing and snowboarding in Whistler which is a world class resort. You can go rock climbing at Squamish which is also world famous.

Vancouver has some beautiful churches that you should visit. Christ Church, Bridge Church and First Baptist are well worth a visit.
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:26 AM   #3
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I was totally going to say you could definitely tell him about the best churches in Vancouver before I even read what you wrote.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 01:57 AM   #4
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

I have never been to Vancouver and certainly my advice would not be as good as the Canadian posters, but maybe this website helps, I use it for any city that I go to:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Vancouver
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 03:52 AM   #5
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember hearing about Granville island during the Olympics
And it has nothing to do with Laura

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 10:20 AM   #6
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMamaJama87 View Post
There is a lot to do in Vancouver in the spring and summer if you are an outdoors person. You can climb grouse mountain which is a mountain in the city. You can rollerblade or cycle through Stanley Park which is close to the downtown part of the city and has forests and beaches in it. You can go see the Olympic Village from the winter games last year. You can walk through Granville island which is a tourist area with crafts and artists. You can go skiing and snowboarding in Whistler which is a world class resort. You can go rock climbing at Squamish which is also world famous.

Vancouver has some beautiful churches that you should visit. Christ Church, Bridge Church and First Baptist are well worth a visit.
Thanks for the great suggestions!

Garbińe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM   #7
country flag Sassy-Na

Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute

barrie_dude

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO and Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim and WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Sassy-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 05:31 PM   #8
NAT

NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all NAT is a name known to all

I am originally from Vancouver, though not living there now. It is a beautiful city, and unique in that you can go from the ocean to the mountains in the same day. Some of the things you can do are dependant on the time of the year and the weather, but there is always something to do.
The number one must see would be Stanley Park. You can bike, rollerblade or walk around the park. There are beaches, a pool, and a lot of nice spots. Downtown is great, Granville as somebody mentioned, Robson is the main shopping street. Another idea (simple but fun) is to take the sky train from surrey to downtown, then take the sea bus across to North Vancouver. Basically it is just public transport, but it gives you a view of much of the city in a short time. The local mountains are good for skiing, and Whistler is only 90 minutes away. Seattle is only a couple hours as well. Catch a canadian Football game in the summer or Hockey in the winter. Both arenas are downtown. Not too up on the best clubs right now, but there are plenty. Have fun.
NAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:03 AM   #9
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

^Robson and Granville? They must love the WTA there

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote