Where will Sabine play next? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #16
country flag mashasabinefan1

mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Where will Sabine play next?

Will she get a WC for Miami, usually Bolleteri babes get WCS.
mashasabinefan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #17
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine's tweet
Quote:
sabinelisicki Sabine Lisicki
I won´t go to Mexico because I didn´t get in. I´ll stay in Florida and train. Not sure what I´m playing next yet.
If Sabine thought she had a good chance of getting into Monterrey, somebody on her team should have told her that the chance was slim or none.
And judging by the Nassau quali list, entering that tournament was a wishful thinking too.

Somebody has to tell Sabine that a player ranked below 200 doesn't have the luxury of picking and choosing tournaments.
Right now, she should be entering every 25K ITF to get some matches and ranking points.

Judging by her tweet, it seems she has no idea what she is going to do next.
Who the hell is managing her career?

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 03:43 AM   #18
country flag austennisfan

austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all

watching doha and dubai and other wta tournaments just isnt the same without sabine. I wish a tournament, even an ITF event would give her a wildcard for goodness sake.
austennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #19
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Yeah to be honest I'm not really watching the WTA tourns that closely of late, because I just wish so badly that Sabine would be playing in them

Surely she can get a Wildcard for something. It's not like she's a nobody. I'm hopeful for Charleston but that is a while away so she needs to play ITF's, even low value ones as that's all she can play. I hate being critical of Sabine she's so special to me but I'm also wondering like Cosmoose about the advice she is getting regarding selection of tournaments.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 06:26 AM   #20
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Sabine's tweet

If Sabine thought she had a good chance of getting into Monterrey, somebody on her team should have told her that the chance was slim or none.
And judging by the Nassau quali list, entering that tournament was a wishful thinking too.

Somebody has to tell Sabine that a player ranked below 200 doesn't have the luxury of picking and choosing tournaments.
Right now, she should be entering every 25K ITF to get some matches and ranking points.
There is a 25k tournament after Nassau in Poza Rica (Mexico) or she could fly back to Europe and play the 25k in Bath (Great Britain).
Next week is a 25k in Hammond (USA), I really don't know why she hasn't committed there.
Now it's possible that she won't play tournaments for 5 weeks in a row.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #21
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

omg - she and her whole team is just clueless when it comes to make a schedule
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #22
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Totally stupid decisions here, most obvious thing is that she needs real matches to get back in shape and then she hardly plays any tournaments as of her bad schedule, she just has to realize that she has to play also 25k tournaments now, it is pretty naive when she hopes for a breakthrough at a bigger tournament where she can earn many pts and come back really fast..it is just not that easy to come back...and anyway, after Midland she had the chance to play Memphis, and she withdrew, when even players like Stevenson played two matches at one day, but our Sabine had to withdrew of course, as she obviously wasn´t willed to play 2 matches at one day or playing there without any rest before...don´t understand that, sorry

what does she do now? Staying in the USA, hoping to get in in Nassau or hoping for a Q WC in Miami and that´s it? no other plan or sth, if that all doesn´t work, she just is wasting many times where she could play 25k tournaments instead where she could win matches and get some pts for her ranking and to make sure that she is in quali of RG...
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #23
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

She certainly will get WC's for Miami/ Charleston (at least quali) and Stuttgart (MD), maybe for IW or Nassau too.

All in all she's on a good path since the beginning of the season, regardless of what some people always say if she loses. She should definitely play more matches, that's always one of her problems. Dunno how much 25 k's are of use, if she gets 1-2 challenging matches there. I'll await her results in Miami/ Charleston/ Stuttgart. If she hasn't yet the shape to win enough points for WTA/ bigger ITF qualis, she has to play 50/25 k's thereafter anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
or she could fly back to Europe and play the 25k in Bath (Great Britain).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
after Midland she had the chance to play Memphis, and she withdrew, when even players like Stevenson played two matches at one day, but our Sabine had to withdrew of course, as she obviously wasn´t willed to play 2 matches at one day or playing there without any rest before...don´t understand that, sorry
Stevenson lost her third match in two days. Her Midland match was scheduled for 10 am, Sabine's match started after 7 pm.
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #24
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

It's clearly better to play ITF-events instead of qualifying at WTA tournaments because she won't get many points. She still needs at least 45 points in the next 8 weeks for the FO qualifying.

Qualifying WC for Miami is definitely not sure.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #25
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see her receiving a Stuttgart MD WC either, I'm sure they will give it to the players participating in FC.
Lisicki herself is just clueless about her schedule. She never played a lot but now she has to go anywhere and if it is a 25k, then let it be a 25k...
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #26
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post

Stevenson lost her third match in two days. Her Midland match was scheduled for 10 am, Sabine's match started after 7 pm.
and? she won at least won match, and Sabine is much fitter, I just said that she definitely could have played Memphis, she just withdrew too early IMO, even more annoying that she doesn´t play some smaller tournaments now, just hoping for some WCs is not enough....

and all in all her season is average so far, she seems to be in better form than last year of course, but still with her mental issues as often, that makes it even harder to understand why she doesn´t play more often as she needs to get more confident in tight situations, and you only can achieve that when you play more matches, training is useless in this case...
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #27
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
I don't see her receiving a Stuttgart MD WC either, I'm sure they will give it to the players participating in FC.
Would be totally stupid for the tournament if Günthardt and Huber give it to someone like Malek or Wöhrle, instead of the one, who was greeted like a saviour of German tennis two years ago. Grönefeld isn't definitely eligible for a WC, remaining in the FC team is a privilege for her. 2nd WC can go to 3rd Fed Cup player, if Lisicki isn't nominated.

Quote:
and? she won at least won match, and Sabine is much fitter, I just said that she definitely could have played Memphis, she just withdrew too early IMO
Her match ended around 20 min after 9 pm, extremely hard-fought, lost. Now playing two matches the next day at a different tourney (unlike Görges)....

Quote:
even more annoying that she doesn´t play some smaller tournaments now, just hoping for some WCs is not enough....
The WC constellation with Miami/ Charleston/ Stuttgart exists only in the coming weeks, it's right to seize the chance of competing there. Maybe she should have played Hammond, playing nothing isn't good either, but I doubt if 3-4 Rogers matches give her a lot of experience. IMO she needs matches against more challenging opponents like Rybarikova and Hradecka, even if she loses. Her race is 92, that's basically her level atm. Definitely her place is in Int. q's/ bigger ITF's. If she has to play 25k's because of points, she must do that after Stuttgart.

Last edited by CillyUltra : Feb 25th, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #28
country flag Michael!
indescribable

^^ U have your opinion and I have my opinion, which is obviously a bit different, so all is fine, just annoying that you have to comment everything, I already figured that you are one of the always fans, so it´s ok
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #29
country flag Omega1

Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all

Sabine is currently 57th ALT for 100k Nassau

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Would be totally stupid for the tournament if Günthardt and Huber give it to someone like Malek or Wöhrle, instead of the one, who was greeted like a saviour of German tennis two years ago. Grönefeld isn't definitely eligible for a WC, remaining in the FC team is a privilege for her. 2nd WC can go to 3rd Fed Cup player, if Lisicki isn't nominated.

Her match ended around 20 min after 9 pm, extremely hard-fought, lost. Now playing two matches the next day at a different tourney (unlike Görges)....

The WC constellation with Miami/ Charleston/ Stuttgart exists only in the coming weeks, it's right to seize the chance of competing there. Maybe she should have played Hammond, playing nothing isn't good either, but I doubt if 3-4 Rogers matches give her a lot of experience. IMO she needs matches against more challenging opponents like Rybarikova and Hradecka, even if she loses. Her race is 92, that's basically her level atm. Definitely her place is in Int. q's/ bigger ITF's. If she has to play 25k's because of points, she must do that after Stuttgart.
You're absolutely right .
Omega1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #30
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

We have to be patient with Sabine She is confident that her game is getting back to a good level. You can see that from her form in the matches she's won and even in the loss to Wickmayer in Auckland. I want her to play more matches too, I really miss my favourite player when she's away, the big tournaments lack a special feeling for me right now. But I refuse to become too impatient and critical like some 'fans' on here. As I've said before firstly I care about Sabine as a person, then as a player. I don't know what her schedule is but I don't think we should accuse of having no plan or schedule. I recently tweeted the Family Circle Cup people telling them how the fans want to see Sabine get a wildcard for Charleston and so have several other twitter users. I can't really do anything much to help her but I won't give up on her ever. I just hope her morale is good. Whatever decision she makes I will support it.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote