Can anyone reminds me why I love her in the first place??? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #1
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute
Can anyone reminds me why I love her in the first place???

I guess I'm just a little frustrated about her. Though this year might be the one in which she's gonna find her way back.

I began to like her in 2005 after seein' that match against Amelie, horrible loss, but I see something in her that I've never found in other girls: she's adorable, she's always smiling, she's patient and she got great games. Top spin forehand, flat backhand, and the serve, I wouldn't say her serve's great, it's slow, but with the extra spin, it's kinda effective from time to time.

And then I began to put my eyes on her, witnessin' the whole way she went up. From 324 to 11. I still remember the first year that she played China Open, I saw her practicin' with Amelie. I was so excited and I shouted without any concern about the people around "Allez Alize", and then she smiled and waved at me!!! I swear that was the greatest moment of my entire life!!! (Along with the small talk with Nadia Petrova in Madrid, well, lol). I generally don't like top spin girls (I mean, look at my list, Venus, Serena, Nadia, K-lina, representatives of those flat ground stroke girls lol), but there's just something in her that makes her so likeable for me.

But now she's a drama queen on court, always complainin', shoutin' to her coach or the ball boy, droppin' rackets all the time, she's lost her patience. And her game, well, serve's still the same, worse forehand, and the flat backhand never seems to work like before (how I love her backhand down the line). I mean, maybe I'm just whinin' here, but I really need some reasons to remind me why I love her in the first place.

Well, maybe I love her just the way she is.

donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #2
country flag Fame

Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice Fame is just really nice
Re: Can anyone reminds me why I love her in the first place???

She's young. She showed some sign of improvement in Fed Cup, then there is that loss in Paris but she was too stressed it's never easy to play in front of your fan. We need to see how she will do in Monterrey to make conclusion because her season has been pretty decent so far.

I think her serve has improved alot, and if she continue to improve her net skills she'll become a very versatile player with more solution during her matchs. I think she will have a good clay season and she'll be back on track. I think she'll finish the year top 50.
Fame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #3
country flag rajko

rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice rajko is just really nice

Shes a handsome woman.You can't have it both, be on top and live your life to the fullest .
rajko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #4
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
She's young. She showed some sign of improvement in Fed Cup, then there is that loss in Paris but she was too stressed it's never easy to play in front of your fan. We need to see how she will do in Monterrey to make conclusion because her season has been pretty decent so far.

I think her serve has improved alot, and if she continue to improve her net skills she'll become a very versatile player with more solution during her matchs. I think she will have a good clay season and she'll be back on track. I think she'll finish the year top 50.
nothing of that

she had awful claycourt season and finished at 88 in the ranking after being out of the top100 for one week.

to answer the question thread, I cant remember well why I used to appreciate her at first. Perhaps her big improvement and positive attitude on the court. Something that disapeared today, there s no more game and good attitude left. 3 years she's been slumping and falling down the ranking each year more.

About her serve--> not that good and still very weak 2nd serve

About her net skills--> she's playing double and had some good results (texas finale, Poitiers win) but the probleme is that she doesnt come often to the net during a match. Still playing that boring game far behind the baseline and pushing the ball without any tactical sense.

before she was interesting cause she used her top spin forehand very well, creating on the court and trying to be agressive with it but now her forehand is no more there. It became a very poor shot , her weakness that her opponents target cause she hit very short balls with it.

as long as she doesnt play with more intention and confidence with her forehand, she'll keep losing and stay in that average ranking she's actually in. Sometimes when I see her match she reminds me of a junior player, like she hasnt improved that much for 5 years now.
she must work very very hard to get back her forehand and give it more power. I think she has big advantage cause she can put much top spin with her forehand, that was her strengh.

Dont think Goven will make her work the way she should during that off season, her forehand, serve,backhand will probably still be the same except a miracle.

too bad for her she doesnt know how to chose a good coach and work the best way. That's all her history.

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #5
country flag TheEmpress

TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold

She's hopeless really. She'll end up as a ITF player and will be ranked between 100-120. It's a shame because she's talented
Maria Kirilenko
TheEmpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #6
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

talent is not enough today. To be successful she has to improve in every aspect of her game and I dont see her doing that.

still staying in that best rank memories she had in february 2009 when she reached n°11, thinking she can get back to that level like that.

but lets be honest; her game is not good enough, losing to the like of chaknashvilli ou thorpe is awfully bad

but you're right that game is worth of itf and not wta level.

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote