Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #76
country flag GAWOZFAN

GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Nice job Caro on getting to the finals!

Haven't been able to follow "live" this week due to a bad work schedule. Thanks to all for the posts in the live scoring thread, it's about the next best thing as to seeing Caro's matches with my own 2 eyes. Credit to CW for his post down 1-4 against JJ, spot on..

Quote:
1-4. JJ doesn't play brillantly but Caro's shots are alternately too short or long, too high or low. If only Caro starts playing decently I think she can get back into this match.
Good luck in the final Caroline. We'll be watching in real time for this one. Take it to Sveta!!!
GAWOZFAN is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #77
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasgettinghigh View Post
Winning a slam is supposedly this years big goal. This feels like Caro playing a tournament because there is one next up on the schedule. You can say Doha will have no influence on RG but you can argue that playing for the sake of playing may have cost 08' Jankovic a slam.
Well it's not 2008, CW is not JJ, and Team Wozniacki never play for the sake of playing but to win, and CW always says that she plays 1 match at a time let alone thinking about tournaments. She also says she would rather be playing tournaments than practicing. So whatever we have thought about their scheduling over the years, they go ahead and do it.
Plus some people were moaning because she didn't play Paris and Klijster got to be #1, and that would have been 3 in a row before a slam

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Feb 19th, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #78
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Iam happy for Caroline that she won and in such away, to fight her way back into the match like that and not let the EUs in the first 4-5 games put her off and go back to that passiv mode as she has done in the past.

Personally I thought Caroline came out looking helpless up too 4-1 JJ was all over her as she could do nothing right, so it was very hard to watch. But then the fighter CW turned up after the trainer throat thing (what was that about?)and then it all got a lot better.

I do not think it was black or white how she won, whether it was only because JJ was tired or only because CW played better the longer the match, progressed.

I think it was a bit of each. I'm sure JJ wasn't so fresh after the previous 3 setters, and I could see that Caroline started to play better.

But it could have ended differently, in theory if JJ had managed to close the first set early because CW had not got going so much, the impetus and adrenaline could have kept her supposed fatigue away, and she would have carried over to the 2nd and Won.

We will never know. But alls well that ends well.

And tommorrow Kuznetsova, that I am looking forward too, I would say that Caroline has a good chance but to be on the safe side I will say its 50 50 we will see

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Feb 19th, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #79
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

And next week Doha, if they don't start having unrest there as well, the Bahrain car race stuff has been cancelled because of it.

I think that with the field as it is Caroline has a chance to get further in this tournament too.

1)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v BYE
Nadia Petrova (RUS) v Roberta Vinci (ITA)
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v Jie Zheng (CHN)
Lucie Safarova (CZE) v (7)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

(3)Francesca Schiavone (ITA) v BYE
Kaia Kanepi (EST) v Qualifier
Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) v Marion Bartoli (FRA)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v (8)Shahar Peer (ISR)

(5)Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v (wc)Fatma Al Nabhani (OMA)
(wc)Sania Mirza (IND) v Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) v Qualifier
(4)Na Li (CHN) v BYE

(6)Victoria Azarenka (BLR) v Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Qualifier v Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP)
Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v Qualifier
(2)Vera Zvonareva (RUS) v BYE
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #80
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I think it was WC Fields who posted recently about this good start too season, I must agree especially after todays match and reaching the finals, this has been Carolines best start too the season since ever.

All the gloom about changing her racket, #1 without a slam, the pressure leading to a slump and she needs to change her game, has dissapeared from the Caroline Wozniacki forum. They havn't been mentioned in a while now.
And why, my theory is that not only has either she managed these things or is in the process and its working so far.

So much so, she has had the best to the season ever.
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #81
country flag Crockett

Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
And tommorrow Kuznetsova, that I am looking forward too, I would say that Caroline has a good chance but to be on the safe side I will say its 50 50 we will see
I would easily take those odds. So would the market: Caroline is 1.42 to win tomorrow.
Crockett is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #82
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it was WC Fields who posted recently about this good start too season, I must agree especially after todays match and reaching the finals, this has been Carolines best start too the season since ever.

All the gloom about changing her racket, #1 without a slam, the pressure leading to a slump and she needs to change her game, has dissapeared from the Caroline Wozniacki forum. They havn't been mentioned in a while now.
And why, my theory is that not only has either she managed these things or is in the process and its working so far.

The season certainly did not look like it was going to start out well. First there was the spanking that Caroline received in that exhibition against Vera and then the early exit against Cibulkova in Sydney. Thankfully she seems to have turned thing around and had some very nice results. That loss against Na Li still stings a little but for a player that had never been to the quarters in Australia to make the semi-final is a great improvement.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #83
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Iam happy for Caroline that she won and in such away, to fight her way back into the match like that and not let the EUs in the first 4-5 games put her off and go back to that passiv mode as she has done in the past.

Personally I thought Caroline came out looking helpless up too 4-1 JJ was all over her as she could do nothing right, so it was very hard to watch. But then the fighter CW turned up after the trainer throat thing (what was that about?)and then it all got a lot better.
Don't forget last year Caro was making a habit of going 0-3 down too. I was a great game too watch, and the result met my gut feeling about the result so I'm happy indeed..

I'm hoping that she starts to click fully and peak just in time for the French open and Wimbledon and not to early... If she can keep winning in pre peak form mode then That's a bonus.

Quote:
Looking forward to this one, and what ever the result it should be a good match. I'm quietly confident Caro should prevail

Last edited by Burisleif : Feb 19th, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #84
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And next week Doha, if they don't start having unrest there as well, the Bahrain car race stuff has been cancelled because of it.

I think that with the field as it is Caroline has a chance to get further in this tournament too.

1)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v BYE
Nadia Petrova (RUS) v Roberta Vinci (ITA)
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v Jie Zheng (CHN)
Lucie Safarova (CZE) v (7)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

(3)Francesca Schiavone (ITA) v BYE
Kaia Kanepi (EST) v Qualifier
Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) v Marion Bartoli (FRA)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v (8)Shahar Peer (ISR)

(5)Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v (wc)Fatma Al Nabhani (OMA)
(wc)Sania Mirza (IND) v Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) v Qualifier
(4)Na Li (CHN) v BYE

(6)Victoria Azarenka (BLR) v Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Qualifier v Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP)
Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v Qualifier
(2)Vera Zvonareva (RUS) v BYE
Just seen this. Could be another Sveta vs Fran marathon with Caro playing the winner again.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #85
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on reaching the final. Missed all her matches this week, but I'm glad she finally managed to get a win over Jankovic, and in straight sets to boot.
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #86
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it was WC Fields who posted recently about this good start too season
W. C. Fields died in 1946, so I think you have to swap the first two initials so it was C. W. Fields (short for Caroline Wozniacki Fields I guess)
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:51 AM   #87
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this isn't worth noting but did you guys notice that in Caroline's matches against Peer and Jankovic the chair umpire handed her a patch to stick on her shirt? I'm not 100% sure but I think in both matches one or two points were played (it may have been in the warmup) and then she was handed the patch and stuck it on.

Against Peer it was a black WTA patch:

Against Jankovic it was this white WTA patch:

In this picture from the Morita match there was no patch:

This is obviously very trivial but I thought it was odd and I wanted to mention it before the final. Will she be given another patch early in the final? And if so what colour will it be? I don't know about you but I am on pins and needles!

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #88
country flag GAWOZFAN

GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all

Quote:

Does anyone think/know if her better play can be attributed to her going back to her old Babolat strings? If I recall correctly, she went back to them after her first round loss to Cibulkova in Sydney. Since then, she is 9-1. Whatever the reason, keep it going!
GAWOZFAN is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #89
country flag Jean-Henri

Jean-Henri has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Maybe this isn't worth noting but did you guys notice that in Caroline's matches against Peer and Jankovic the chair umpire handed her a patch to stick on her shirt? I'm not 100% sure but I think in both matches one or two points were played (it may have been in the warmup) and then she was handed the patch and stuck it on.

This is obviously very trivial but I thought it was odd and I wanted to mention it before the final. Will she be given another patch early in the final? And if so what colour will it be? I don't know about you but I am on pins and needles!
Product placement ?
If so, the WTA really knows how to pick a spot for best exposure side by side with "e" (e-boks).
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #90
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a list of active players with the most career titles:
  1. Venus - 43
  2. Kim - 41
  3. Serena - 37
  4. Masha - 22
  5. Sveta - 13
  6. Caro - 12
    but she is tied with others.
If Caro wins this final - she will be tied with Sveta at #5 in the list.
If Sveta wins - she will pull out a lead of 14 titles to Caro's 12.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Feb 20th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread