Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2011, 05:34 AM   #751
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

The big summit didn't happen anyway.

Quote:
- In the end, it came to nothing because of security around him. When I arrived a little late into New York, it unfortunately was not feasible.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1529018.ece

The person who invited her to a $ 30,8000 pr head !!! dinner must be some kind off fan. I can't match that.

Quote:
It's someone who likes to watch me play tennis, sounding secretive.
With fans like that I doubt she would care SFA about the GM crowd.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2011, 06:58 AM   #752
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

I think GM is our, the fans problem. We feel we need to protect and defend her. But what these people say in a forum means nothing to her. Don`t get in a life or death fight in GM, this place has no meaning in Caro`s life. Be a good fan that Caro would be proud of.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 07:32 AM   #753
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
I think GM is our, the fans problem. We feel we need to protect and defend her. But what these people say in a forum means nothing to her. Don`t get in a life or death fight in GM, this place has no meaning in Caro`s life. Be a good fan that Caro would be proud of.
I don't feel the need to protect and defend her, with the kind income she has, she can afford the best security there is.

A moonlighting job for Jægersoldaterne.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 09:43 AM   #754
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
According to her twitter Caroline is attending tonight's New York Islanders/New Jersey Devils hockey game. Good to see that she is relaxing a little bit.
Her Danish friend Frans Nielsen plays for the Islanders, that's why she went to the Islanders game:
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8470144

Frans Nielsen has been at several of Caros US Open matches in both 2008 and 2009 [and maybe 2010 too?]:
http://tv2sport.dk/node/39410
http://sporten.tv2.dk/article.php/id-24852919.html

Frans Nielsen scored both of the Islanders goals in their 2-3 loss at the game Caro was attending last night: http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010021146

Last edited by stangtennis : Mar 31st, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 02:10 PM   #755
country flag Crockett

Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all

Quote:
I think GM is our, the fans problem.
Hatred expressed in GM is not our problem at all. Just let it slide. Posting in hate threads generates more hatred but converts no haters.
Crockett is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #756
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Caro will try to add a drop shot to her game for the clay season.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 05:49 PM   #757
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
Hatred expressed in GM is not our problem at all. Just let it slide. Posting in hate threads generates more hatred but converts no haters.
Exactly, if noone argues with the trolls, it's not nearly as fun for them anymore. But there's trolls on both sides.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 05:52 PM   #758
country flag stangtennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I wonder if Caro will try to add a drop shot to her game for the clay season.
I doub't it. When was the last time she tried hit a dropshot from the baseline? I can't even remember, it seems more and more seldom nowadays. A while ago she was experimenting a bit with it, but has mostly used that very akward and error prone double handed backhand dropshot.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 11:02 PM   #759
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

I can see (and I think we have seen?) her using a few at the net... Base line drop shots aren't really effective very often and are very Low % high risk. Overall her net game is much better than a year ago...
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 04:35 AM   #760
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
I doub't it. When was the last time she tried hit a dropshot from the baseline? I can't even remember, it seems more and more seldom nowadays. A while ago she was experimenting a bit with it, but has mostly used that very akward and error prone double handed backhand dropshot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I can see (and I think we have seen?) her using a few at the net... Base line drop shots aren't really effective very often and are very Low % high risk. Overall her net game is much better than a year ago...
It's been quite awhile I think.

It'd be nice if Caro could get more comfortable with 1 hand off the racket like she should do do on slices.

Inside the baseline dropshots can be pretty effective though. It'd be a nice way for Caro to take advantage of the times when she gets her opponent way out of position.

Btw, Caro tweeted that she had her 1st practice on clay in Miami today (thursday).
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 05:10 AM   #761
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Caro`s debut song "Oxigent" is produced by RedOne, who also produced some of Lady Gaga`s hits including Pokerface.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 05:18 AM   #762
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Caro`s debut song "Oxigent" is produced by RedOne, who also produced some of Lady Gaga`s hits including Pokerface.
The song is for real?
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 06:04 AM   #763
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nobody believed me when I said it could happen if she got too much piss, here waves Caroline goodbye, this forum will have to be closed down.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1529670.ece

Quote:
Disclosure: Caroline Wozniacki changed last week, his Danish citizenship out - now she is Polish citizen

The world's best female tennis player is no longer Danish. Ekstrabladet.dk learns that Caroline Wozniacki on Thursday 24 March seeking Polish citizenship.

Caroline Woznaicki har valgt at skifte sit danske pas ud med et polsk. (Foto: AP)

Actually, she changed nationality same day, the transition was already negotiated carefully with the Polish authorities, the Polish Tennis Federation and - not least - the Polish, Olympic committee sees great potential in Caroline Wozniacki up to the Olympics in London in 2012.

Neither Caroline or her father and coach, Piotr Wozniacki will comment right now, but the Polish Tennis Federation have called a press conference in Warsaw on Tuesday, where they both expected to attend.

Therefore emigrating Caroline
Ekstrabladet.dk have spoken with a close friend of the family, which explain why Caroline Wozniackis resolution:

- Enough is enough. Caroline was just so tired of constantly getting told that she was not a great Dane. Although she was born in Vollsmose and has lived all his life in Denmark. What should she do? Take renamed Jensen? Or stick?

- In addition, she was tired of so many wise Danes were busy belittle her achievements. She does not believe that Jante Law is introduced in Poland.

Danish Tennis Federation has "absolutely no comment" but it has Ajsayesjusaynov Stanislaw, president of the Polish Tennis Federation, 'Polski Zwiazek Tenisowy':

- It is a day of joy. Caroline is a formidable player. Which country does not welcome being able to count her among its citizens?

Tennis expert Peter Bastiansen do not think Caroline Wozniackis nationality switch has no effect on the Danish tennis:

- Caroline has got a lot out of his talent, and above all she has got a very good marketing, he says.

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Apr 1st, 2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 06:41 AM   #764
country flag Protoss

Caro has a new blog on her website.
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 07:59 AM   #765
country flag snoodtastic

snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice

That song and the Polish citizenship - nice April Fools jokes, people.
snoodtastic is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread