Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #61
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Yesssssss! first win over Jankovic! I'm so happy!
Well done Caro!
omg, what a first set, poor start but then great comeback from Caro, she just kept fighting!
Good luck in final Sunshine!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #62
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!! Watched her today, nice win.
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #63
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
You're not alone ...

Great win today. Vs active former #1 (this obviously just to say to the idiots in GM) .. Vs JJ ..Never won Vs her before and more ranking points for the real #1

and such a goat come-back in the 1st set. Super.

They mentioned on British ES, Caro's FH speed was up 8kmh Vs previous rounds. It was nice to see her using a more flattened out FH at times. It worked wonders!
The big theory is that all a player has to do is target Caro's weak forehand and they'll win the match. But the reason they don't is that collectively all the other players are too dumb to realise it and that's why they beat themselves so the theory goes. They point to JJ - that she showed the way at IW 2010 final and that's all anyone had to do. Always makes me smile these simplistic theories. They know better than all the other professional players in all their matches with Caro. But in all but that one time these professional players can't work it out.

For quite some time now - I really don't mind players targetting her forehand. She has actually even hit some great winners with it - but yes she doesn't often do any damage with it like her backhand - it's normallycross court and deep to keep the rally going and getting it deep is the main thing she's focused on. It's really overdone that it's the liability that people make out. Of course if she hits her forehand short - that's another matter. But I really am not worried by the "target her forehand" tactic and I can't believe Caro is either. She's expecting it.

On the match today against JJ - another of my favourite players although there was a bit of needle today: I just can't describe how cross I was at Caro in those first few games. Fine if she was being outplayed - but making all those UEs.m I get really hard on Caro more than any other player because she just doesn't make UEs like this normally.

But I'm so proud of her the way she turned it around.

One final thing. I don't know what it is - body language or whether I'm the only one. Don't know why. I always felt that inwardly and before the match even - Caro believes or rather knows she is the better playe and should win despite the 4-0 H2H. JJ - well she also thinks that and that she can win. But with Caro it comes across with more conviction and intensity. Although of course she has the utmost respect for JJ and all her opponents.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Feb 19th, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #64
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

According to GM all the opponents play the worst match of their career against Caro.

So much jealousy in GM. They all wait for their favorites to find their form, and play the 3-4 good weeks a year they can, and wonder why Caro is number one in the world.

Caro is the one who can deliver results in the longest time period, thats why she is number one and deserves it 100%.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #65
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I just can't describe how cross I was at Caro in those first few games. Fine if she was being outplayed - but making all those UEs.m I get really hard on Caro more than any other player because she just doesn't make UEs like this normally.

But I'm so proud of her the way she turned it around.
She said something about her play, errors, and aggressiveness after the match according to Ekstra bladet:

Quote:
- I didn't think about the scoreline. I thought I had to hit the ball, play agressively, and dictate the game.

- If I make errors, then so be it. But I wouldn't just keep the ball in play, because then she'd finish me, said Wozniacki...
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #66
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
The big theory is that all a player has to do is target Caro's weak forehand and they'll win the match. .
I know. Its like a broken record from those numbnutz in GM. I recently read a comment from Michael Mortensen (ex KB chief trainer, current Danish Fed Cup captain and a member of 'Team Wozniacki') that she's worked hard on making her FH more aggressive in off season. Obviously he'll know as he has likely been involved. But I thought it was really encouraging to see Caro flatten out the FH to go DTL with an aggressive FH.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #67
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

So, it's Kuznetsova. Let's hope Caro handles her as neatly tomorrow as she did in Montreal.
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #68
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
So, it's Kuznetsova. Let's hope Caro handles her as neatly tomorrow as she did in Montreal.
I only watched parts of the match but against Pennetta Kuznetsova was hitting a lot of forehand winners but she was also making lots of unforced errors. I like Caroline's chances of winning this title.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #69
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fingers crossed on that one. With Panetta, you'd sort of know exactly what was in store. With Sveta its ... well a bit of a hit and miss really. Looks like Caro is 1.5; Sveta 3.0 ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #70
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
They mentioned on British ES, Caro's FH speed was up 8kmh Vs previous rounds. It was nice to see her using a more flattened out FH at times. It worked wonders!
They also said the Hawk-eye system revealed that 2 of JJ's 4 service aces was actually out, but Caro didn't challenge any of them, so the Hawk-eye replays was never shown on the bigscreen and they remained aces. One of them was in the first service game.
Caro is usually quick to challenge, but she didn't even seemed to consider it on those occasions. But it's also very hard to see where the ball lands on a serve.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #71
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

They're all just hating because it's cool to do so
Cool fact including Dubai Caro has made 6 finals (winning 4) from her last 9 tournaments.

That's a fucking #1 suckers

BTW the Doha draw came out today

Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v BYE
Nadia Petrova (RUS) v Roberta Vinci
(ITA)Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v Jie Zheng (CHN)
Lucie Safarova (CZE) v (7)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

I not so secretly wish with IW final points to defend Caro would withdraw from Doha but we all know that is not happening.
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #72
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasgettinghigh View Post
They're all just hating because it's cool to do so
Cool fact including Dubai Caro has made 6 finals (winning 4) from her last 9 tournaments.

That's a fucking #1 suckers

BTW the Doha draw came out today

Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v BYE
Nadia Petrova (RUS) v Roberta Vinci
(ITA)Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v Jie Zheng (CHN)
Lucie Safarova (CZE) v (7)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

I not so secretly wish with IW final points to defend Caro would withdraw from Doha but we all know that is not happening.
Doha looks interesting. Probably Petrova first. I'm hoping for Zheng next; Caro has a H2H to correct there.
Why would you want her to miss Doha? She has a week off between Doha and IW. Plenty of time to recover from fatigue.
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #73
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
They also said the Hawk-eye system revealed that 2 of JJ's 4 service aces was actually out, but Caro didn't challenge any of them, so the Hawk-eye replays was never shown on the bigscreen and they remained aces. One of them was in the first service game.
Caro is usually quick to challenge, but she didn't even seemed to consider it on those occasions. But it's also very hard to see where the ball lands on a serve.
And also Caro is usually as blind as a bat on hawkeye challenges.

I've lost count of the number of times I hear a commentator say - well Caro was right over the ball so she should be pretty confident to stop play and make a challenge. Only to find it's in and not even close.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #74
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Doha looks interesting. Probably Petrova first. I'm hoping for Zheng next; Caro has a H2H to correct there.
Why would you want her to miss Doha? She has a week off between Doha and IW. Plenty of time to recover from fatigue.
Plus she doesn't play her 1st match at Indian Wells until friday or saturday as all 32 seeds receive a 1st round bye.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #75
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Winning a slam is supposedly this years big goal. This feels like Caro playing a tournament because there is one next up on the schedule. You can say Doha will have no influence on RG but you can argue that playing for the sake of playing may have cost 08' Jankovic a slam.
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread