Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 335 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:00 AM   #5011
country flag Protoss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 32,950
Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Woah. This is a pretty big surprise. I thought there some good signs of progress at the Australian Open.

I think this is too soon to end the coaching relationship. It's only been about 2 months. What did she expect?

I'd like to see Piotr out of the coaching process. I suspect that if he continues to be involved that any future coaches will experience similar problems.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:17 AM   #5012
country flag Protoss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 32,950
Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Lots going on, now she's a landlord at $210,000 per year

@DarrenRovell
Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, who made a horrible $9M purchase of 2 apts in NYC, is renting one for $17,500/month.
Hmmm. Caro may be not as financial set for life after tennis as I thought. Buying real estate is a pretty questionable investment for the forseeable future. Did she consult with a financial plannner before this purchase?

I don't understand why Caro is renting an apartment in New York City. She spends very little time there during the year.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:22 AM   #5013
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!
 
Jimmie48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,881
Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
According to whom? I haven't seen anything but hearsay on the matter... The decision to not clinch the deal could be for any number of reasons nothing to do with tennis? Until we know what the real deal is I don't see any validation for rants about doom and defermation. It could easily appear like another one of your Rory smells episodes? Keep it civil, factual, and rational please...
Seriously, I hate the way you always try to numb down discussions you do not like and you try to silence them by claiming that it isn't factional or rational enough. According to the Ekstrabladet article, Sanchez cited the too-close coaching relationship between Caro and Piotr as one of the reasons he couldn't become part of the team enough. Is that not fact enough?

Some things are simply obvious and one of these things is that Piotr will do anything to retain control over her and it's obviously hurting her. You're probably also believe that her failed attempt to split from him was a "misunderstanding" because there's nothing factual to suggest otherwise, right? Sometimes you just have to open your eyes, it's pretty obvious what's going on here. There are simply too many things happening that suggest the same thing to brush it off as coincidence but keep burying your head in the sand.. I'm sure that will help.

I told you that in the Rory discussions before, my opinions are as valid as yours so please get off your high horse, you`re not the one to judge which discussions in here have merit or not.
__________________

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM   #5014
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!
 
Jimmie48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,881
Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hmmm. Caro may be not as financial set for life after tennis as I thought. Buying real estate is a pretty questionable investment for the forseeable future. Did she consult with a financial plannner before this purchase?
Why do I have the feeling that other people are making these decisions for her....?
__________________

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:32 AM   #5015
country flag Burisleif
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,159
Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hmmm. Caro may be not as financial set for life after tennis as I thought. Buying real estate is a pretty questionable investment for the forseeable future. Did she consult with a financial plannner before this purchase?

I don't understand why Caro is renting an apartment in New York City. She spends very little time there during the year.
In short we don't know. The last mention we had before the USO when this broke was a denial, and that she had not purchased them but leased them for 3 months...

You might remember the story... iirc Two apartments in 15 Union Square South West, aka the old Tiffanies Shop? Either way, if she did buy two at 9m, two similar ones just sold for 17m.

On a side note, isn't this kind of stuff what the irony thread was supposed to be for keeping track of for those that care about such stuff rather than tennis?
__________________
"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:41 AM   #5016
country flag Burisleif
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,159
Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Seriously, I hate the way you always try to numb down discussions you do not like and you try to silence them by claiming that it isn't factional or rational enough. According to the Ekstrabladet article, Sanchez cited the too-close coaching relationship between Caro and Piotr as one of the reasons he couldn't become part of the team enough. Is that not fact enough?

Some things are simply obvious and one of these things is that Piotr will do anything to retain control over her and it's obviously hurting her. You're probably also believe that her failed attempt to split from him was a "misunderstanding" because there's nothing factual to suggest otherwise, right? Sometimes you just have to open your eyes, it's pretty obvious what's going on here. There are simply too many things happening that suggest the same thing to brush it off as coincidence but keep burying your head in the sand.. I'm sure that will help.

I told you that in the Rory discussions before, my opinions are as valid as yours so please get off your high horse, you`re not the one to judge which discussions in here have merit or not.
Extra Bladet. Jump to GM and mouth off, Jump to conclusions, hurl wild accusations, insult fellow section members, and pretend that insulting her through her choice of partner is your right because you say so. OK... I get it.



Like fuck.
__________________
"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:50 AM   #5017
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!
 
Jimmie48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,881
Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

It's not my problem you`re unable to deal with reality, keep on pretending that everything is alright when it obviously isn't.

Neither am I insulting you and certainly not her. I'm actually worried and I feel sorry for her because she seems to be trapped in a very complicated situation. But like I said, ignoring the obvious is not going to help.

Just look at other top players and recent slam winners and you'll see that all of them have proper coaches and none of them are controlled by overbearing family members. I wonder why that is... must be another one of those coincidences...
__________________

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 03:07 AM   #5018
country flag Burisleif
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,159
Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
It's not my problem you`re unable to deal with reality, keep on pretending that everything is alright when it obviously isn't.

Neither am I insulting you and certainly not her. I'm actually worried and I feel sorry for her because she seems to be trapped in a very complicated situation. But like I said, ignoring the obvious is not going to help.

Just look at other top players and recent slam winners and you'll see that all of them have proper coaches and none of them are controlled by overbearing family members. I wonder why that is... must be another one of those coincidences...
I'm completely cool with reality, however, I'm not buying into the idea that everything in your head is reality. Mouthing off in every direction at every tabloid snippet however plausible it may or may not be is not 'reality'.

If you want to question my opinion then you could at least read it with at least a degree of the same effort you appear to do with the tabloid rags, because you obviously don't know what my opinion is, nor am I likely ever to be so damned arrogant as to post it without the full facts to base it on.

My only interest is to cut through the subjective bullshit being hurled about GM style and know what the real deal is. I'm as open to facts and reality as any other reasonable and rational poster here.
__________________
"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 03:16 AM   #5019
country flag bruce goose
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,446
bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
On a side note, isn't this kind of stuff what the irony thread was supposed to be for keeping track of for those that care about such stuff rather than tennis?
That depends;if it's just loose speculation on what Caroline does with her money,then yeah...Off Topic would be better.However,if it's sincere concern that she's facing financial troubles,then THAT would pertain to her overall welfare and belong right here
__________________
Propaganda Director for the Olympic Slam Queen aboard SS Dementieva
Still supporting Danish Sunshine

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 03:22 AM   #5020
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!
 
Jimmie48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,881
Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I'm completely cool with reality, however, I'm not buying into the idea that everything in your head is reality. Mouthing off in every direction at every tabloid snippet however plausible it may or may not be is not 'reality'.

If you want to question my opinion then you could at least read it with at least a degree of the same effort you appear to do with the tabloid rags, because you obviously don't know what my opinion is, nor am I likely ever to be so damned arrogant as to post it without the full facts to base it on.

My only interest is to cut through the subjective bullshit being hurled about GM style and know what the real deal is. I'm as open to facts and reality as any other reasonable and rational poster here.
I wouldn't know what your opinion on this is because you don't bother sharing it, all you did was talk down on me - In fact you still do.

And please don't get all worked up about that one tabloid quote, it's one of the many puzzle pieces over the past year that fit the picture perfectly. Sometimes even the tabloids can be right...
__________________

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 03:23 AM   #5021
country flag Burisleif
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,159
Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
That depends;if it's just loose speculation on what Caroline does with her money,then yeah...Off Topic would be better.However,if it's sincere concern that she's facing financial troubles,then THAT would pertain to her overall welfare and belong right here
It's fine by me, irony is crowed, so I was thinking off-court thread, but no.

They are very cool looking lofts it has to be said...
__________________
"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 03:29 AM   #5022
country flag Burisleif
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,159
Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wouldn't know what your opinion on this is because you don't bother sharing it, all you did was talk down on me - In fact you still do.

And please don't get all worked up about that one tabloid quote, it's one of the many puzzle pieces over the past year that fit the picture perfectly. Sometimes even the tabloids can be right...
I mentioned my coaching preference a few posts back. Lacking facts it tended toward transition rather than revolution.

If you have tangible pieces then put them together in a rational post for civil discussion by all means.

I'm not attempting to talk down to you... I would however, also like to hear other opinions too, and in my opinion the people who understand coaching relationships best are not likely to post in the middle of a flame war... You were jumping on posters... calm and civil is all I ask ok
__________________
"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 03:37 AM   #5023
country flag bruce goose
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,446
bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

As long as we can end Caro's Volume 4 thread better than her last coaching relationship ended,we'll have gained a small victory
__________________
Propaganda Director for the Olympic Slam Queen aboard SS Dementieva
Still supporting Danish Sunshine

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 03:46 AM   #5024
country flag Burisleif
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,159
Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
As long as we can end Caro's Volume 4 thread better than her last coaching relationship ended,we'll have gained a small victory
You might want to PM CW to start v5 before Admin does it sans opening smile photo etc...

I would send the PM but I have to rush to my pillow.
__________________
"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 04:16 AM   #5025
country flag goldenlox
Senior Member
 
goldenlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 82,359
goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hmmm. Caro may be not as financial set for life after tennis as I thought. Buying real estate is a pretty questionable investment for the forseeable future. Did she consult with a financial plannner before this purchase?

I don't understand why Caro is renting an apartment in New York City. She spends very little time there during the year.
I tried to check this. There was a Wall Street Journal article that said she bought the 2 apts & rented 1.
So thats why Rovell treated it as fact. But one of the writers from Denmark said Caroline denied it.
So we'll never know if its true or not.

As far her dad controlling things, she has a certain skill set and she cant just change it like some commentators think is easy.

Coaching is overrated. She can listen to 100 different opinions on how to practice and how to play, but in the end she has to go out there alone, focus and make the shots
__________________
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter....
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
Enjoy This Moment!!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios