Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 334 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM   #4996
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lang26 View Post
Not smart idea who her new coach then if she have one ?

I always did thought she should have hire Michael Mortensen as her coach
Well, this whole thing comes as a bit of a shock. I don't know which coach would work best for her, but one would hope that she would stick with whatever choice she makes. To have Piotr on the one hand say one thing, Sanchez on the other hand something different and now this Domka guy coming up with his own theory about what should be done can only confuse her.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM   #4997
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

@Tennisreporters

Caroline Wozniacki's split with R. Sanchez now official. Her father will remain her primary coach & she may work with adidas PD occasionally
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 09:35 PM   #4998
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

There goes all my hope for major improvements... I guess we can get used to losses against Pennetta & McHale again...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:02 PM   #4999
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
No, it doesn't. The only thing that says is that Jankovic is the less talented player. Yes, Piotr has gotten her to where she is but she can't go any further with him... how can you not see that? It's painfully obvious, she's not just regressing, she's going backwards with him now.

This new guy has never worked with a top player before and as such will not have the courage to step up to Piotr and really change anything. Like I said, another puppet...
She is not regressing. Yes, she's dropped a lot of points but if she defended all her tournaments + won new ones it would leave her with an immense amount to defend,don't you think?

And I think you're right about her going backwards. She is probably going to return to her old game plan which she and her father has worked on for so long and which actually worked.

I think there will be some ups and downs this season but that's how it always is and unlike you I am actually quite optimistic for the future. Come on, before the AO some people were worried if she'll get past a couple of rounds and she made it to QF.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:26 PM   #5000
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
She is not regressing. Yes, she's dropped a lot of points but if she defended all her tournaments + won new ones it would leave her with an immense amount to defend,don't you think?

And I think you're right about her going backwards. She is probably going to return to her old game plan which she and her father has worked on for so long and which actually worked.

I think there will be some ups and downs this season but that's how it always is and unlike you I am actually quite optimistic for the future. Come on, before the AO some people were worried if she'll get past a couple of rounds and she made it to QF.
Sorry but it sounds like you`re in denial. Yes, she's regressing...big time. No notable final since IW last year, the matches in which she played like a top 3 player (let alone the #1) in the past six months can be counted on one hand.. if it wasn't for the USO where she pulled herself together somehow her second half of 2011 would have been a total disaster. She got her ass kicked in Toyko & Bejing by players a #1 simply has to beat, the YEC was almost a complete failure as well.... again, you seem to be in denial about what's going on here.

Her old game plan isn't going to work like it did in 2010. Plenty of lower-ranked players have figured out how to beat her and others in her age group (Kvitova, Vika) have surpassed her because they actually bother to work on their game and improve. The old stuff is not going to work anymore, she's not getting back to #1 or win a major with this kind of game and Piotr as her coach.

The longer she clings to the idea that just continuing like this will somehow work the deeper her fall will be. Basically everybody around her is improving, even Radwanska is starting to become a hard to beat opponent for her because she's making progress while Caro doesn't.

I hoped losing the ranking would be all the warning she needs but it seems like it's not enough, otherwise she wouldn't go back to what has not worked in 2011..at all.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:31 PM   #5001
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Lets see how she does in 2012. Yes, she regressed during 2011, but if you saw any of her 4 wins in Melbourne, she looked okay to me.
I was disappointed in the start against Kim, otherwise I liked most of what she did.

This should be 1 of her 2 best runs. Now thru Miami, then after Wimbledon.
No excuse now. Outdoor hardcourts, and Serena, Kim probably wont be motivated to win. Thats who she lost to at the last 2 majors. Better than Dani/Domi
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 11:49 PM   #5002
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Though I can't honestly say that Sanchez would've worked out for Caroline,I agree with the posters who said that firing him so quickly smelled like a panicky,knee-jerk reaction.Don't wanna judge the new coach unfairly,either,but it's only logical to have major doubts if he's one of Piotr's old drinking buddies

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 11:58 PM   #5003
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

The commentary from some posters here is Knee-jerk to the extreme.

If you hire somebody on a probationary period it is usually to see if you can work together. If it doesn't click during training you move on, and look at alternatives.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 12:25 AM   #5004
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know how long the new hitting partner onboard for? I had noticed that Merkel was pretty busy with other Adidas players, so it seems logical to have her own dedicated hitting partner full time?
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 12:32 AM   #5005
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
The commentary from some posters here is Knee-jerk to the extreme.

If you hire somebody on a probationary period it is usually to see if you can work together. If it doesn't click during training you move on, and look at alternatives.
That's just your opinion....limited as it is.If you REALLY believe that waiting through one month of the tennis season shows patience and perseverance...well...I can't say anything praiseful or logical about your opinion,so I'll follow that golden rule and avoid criticism

I've noticed a defensiveness on your part whenever anyone questions Caro's thought process;perhaps you're overly fearful that it will lead to bashing.I can't speak for OTHER posters,but I disagree with my mom's decision-making sometimes,too,and it doesn't mean that I love her any less.Likewise,my fanship of Caro is unaffected by my opinions on her tactics...just want her to succeed,that's all

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)

Last edited by bruce goose : Feb 1st, 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 01:01 AM   #5006
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
That's just your opinion....limited as it is.If you REALLY believe that waiting through one month of the tennis season shows patience and perseverance...well...I can't say anything praiseful or logical about your opinion,so I'll follow that golden rule and avoid criticism

I've noticed a defensiveness on your part whenever anyone questions Caro's thought process;perhaps you're overly fearful that it will lead to bashing...your reaction is pretty much always the same in those cases...with just minor variance in words...like a pull-string doll's.I can't speak for OTHER posters,but I disagree with my mom's decision-making sometimes,too,and it doesn't mean that I love her any less.Likewise,my fanship of Caro is unaffected by my opinions on her tactics...just want her to succeed,that's all
Where did I mention patience?

Put your pants back on Bruce. I wasn't referring to you at all so you can cut the speech and insults ok.

My points were simple, we don't have a clue what the deal was so there really isn't a point in posters arguing about wether it's doom and gloom or a second coming.

Having Piotr as a safety net is never a bad thing imho.

Personally I do think she needs fresh input without anything too radical at first, but I'm happy to have the stability of Piotr as a standby during transition. Ideally she needs to find a world class coach with great tactical and technical nouse and no preconceived ideas about what is "the only right way". the jump to a purely professional relationship is important, but it needs a period of assessment, and upon the two communicating well, Piotr should steadily take a back seat and then withdraw over a period of time (6-12 Months maybe).

Finding a long term coaching partner that is committed to the cause, is of sufficient quality, able to blend into the role, and not currently employed is not an easy task.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 01:23 AM   #5007
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Where did I mention patience?

Put your pants back on Bruce. I wasn't referring to you at all so you can cut the speech and insults ok.

My points were simple, we don't have a clue what the deal was so there really isn't a point in posters arguing about wether it's doom and gloom or a second coming.

Having Piotr as a safety net is never a bad thing imho.

Personally I do think she needs fresh input without anything too radical at first, but I'm happy to have the stability of Piotr as a standby during transition. Ideally she needs to find a world class coach with great tactical and technical nouse and no preconceived ideas about what is "the only right way". the jump to a purely professional relationship is important, but it needs a period of assessment, and upon the two communicating well, Piotr should steadily take a back seat and then withdraw over a period of time (6-12 Months maybe).

Finding a long term coaching partner that is committed to the cause, is of sufficient quality, able to blend into the role, and not currently employed is not an easy task.
Okay,I apologize then...perhaps I was way too hard on you

My concern,for now,is in having a coach who is so close to Piotr...which,IMO,at least somewhat undermines the credibility of the coach-selection process.I don't have any ill feelings towards Piotr,but I'm a bit wary of another Papa Radwanska-type situation here.The two cases aren't completely analogous,yet that doesn't mean that there aren't any negative similarities,either.Let's hope that Caroline can distinguish between familial love and being overly dependent...it'd be unfair of me to judge that issue,but both aspects are worth considering

EDIT: I deleted the stronger portions above

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 01:29 AM   #5008
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:

Especially not if he has to work with Piotr who's unwilling to give up control. No proper coach will be do that and that seems the factor that Sanchez has struggled with as well.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 01:57 AM   #5009
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Okay,I apologize then...perhaps I was way too hard on you

My concern,for now,is in having a coach who is so close to Piotr...which,IMO,at least somewhat undermines the credibility of the coach-selection process.I don't have any ill feelings towards Piotr,but I'm a bit wary of another Papa Radwanska-type situation here.The two cases aren't completely analogous,yet that doesn't mean that there aren't any negative similarities,either.Let's hope that Caroline can distinguish between familial love and being overly dependent...it'd be unfair of me to judge that issue,but both aspects are worth considering

EDIT: I deleted the stronger portions above
New coach? you mean hitting partner right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Especially not if he has to work with Piotr who's unwilling to give up control. No proper coach will be do that and that seems the factor that Sanchez has struggled with as well.
According to whom? I haven't seen anything but hearsay on the matter... The decision to not clinch the deal could be for any number of reasons nothing to do with tennis? Until we know what the real deal is I don't see any validation for rants about doom and defermation. It could easily appear like another one of your Rory smells episodes? Keep it civil, factual, and rational please...
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 01:59 AM   #5010
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I saw Caroline play Vinci & McHale after Wimbledon, and she's never going to play that style well enough to be top 5.

She has to stay with what got her to #1, and try to improve little by little.
She cant just play inside the baseline and be aggressive. Thats not what she's good at. She has to improve at putting away short balls, but her game is not to force the issue every point, its to play deep, and change pace&placement, and be very fit
And improve her serve is vital
I fully agree with your analysis. But the question still remains HOW she will accomplish a gradual improvement. The reason for bringing in a new coach was to give Caro new inspiration and possibly teach her a few new tricks/techniques. With Piotr back in control it seems unlikely that any of these two objectives can be met.
PMBH is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread