Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 333 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:24 PM   #4981
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

I dont know what the relationship was with Sanchez & her family.
Dementieva never had a long term coach because coach has to put up with Elena's mom, who thought SHE was Elena's coach.

I saw Caroline play Vinci & McHale after Wimbledon, and she's never going to play that style well enough to be top 5.

She has to stay with what got her to #1, and try to improve little by little.
She cant just play inside the baseline and be aggressive. Thats not what she's good at. She has to improve at putting away short balls, but her game is not to force the issue every point, its to play deep, and change pace&placement, and be very fit
And improve her serve is vital
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:27 PM   #4982
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I don't agree, he had the right ideas and despite the little time first change was already becoming visible...and it was for the better. Cutting her off from on-court coaching was a step in the right direction as well but in the end the problem seems to be that Piotr isn't willing to give up control over her. Until she finds the strength to cut lose it will always be like this...

She should really take a good hard look at Radwanska and how her career has progressed since she dumped her father. She's at a dead-end with Piotr since last summer but she seems to be powerless to do anything about it ever since her first try of splitting from him failed.
Really? I don't know but when I watch watching her during Sydney and AO I noticed that she was struggling at times. Like, for example in a match to Cibulkova, JJ and (of course) Clijsters. In a match against Clijsters she made it to a tiebreak when she managed to get Clijsters into a long rally, which is something that we've always seen from her in the past when she was coached only by Piotr. I think that if he had not hired Sanches but someone else and if he also came down to help her at least at times AO result could be better.

I think that on court coaching is a valuable resource which should be used. Yes, won't be possible during slams but it can help to learn new trick which can be useful when she won't be able to request a coach on court. I think Piotr will now take things to his hands again, hopefully learning from the past mistakes. They've always been a good team so they can build up on that in the future.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:31 PM   #4983
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont know what the relationship was with Sanchez & her family.
Dementieva never had a long term coach because coach has to put up with Elena's mom, who thought SHE was Elena's coach.

I saw Caroline play Vinci & McHale after Wimbledon, and she's never going to play that style well enough to be top 5.

She has to stay with what got her to #1, and try to improve little by little.
She cant just play inside the baseline and be aggressive. Thats not what she's good at.
She has to improve at putting away short balls, but her game is not to force the issue every point, its to play deep, and change pace&placement, and be very fit
And improve her serve is vital
Totally agree with this.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:33 PM   #4984
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post

I think that on court coaching is a valuable resource which should be used. Yes, won't be possible during slams but it can help to learn new trick which can be useful when she won't be able to request a coach on court. I think Piotr will now take things to his hands again, hopefully learning from the past mistakes. They've always been a good team so they can build up on that in the future.
Yeah, because that has worked so well in the past... not. Open your eyes, her game has been going backwards for almost a year now, Piotr obviously can't help her anymore.

It wasn't problems with Sanchez new approach that led to the loss against Kim, it was her usual problems of being unable to hold serve and having absolutely no self-esteem against top players, problems that have been getting progressively worse over the past few months and which Piotr is obviously unable to address. Going back to "what has worked" is no real option anymore because it hasn't been working for a long time now. The second half of 2011 has been absolutely horrible both in terms of play and results.... she can't go back to this.

It's almost a year since she has made a meaningful final, the time for sugar coating stuff is over. She needs to make substantial changes in her coaching arrangement or she'll continue to fade.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:38 PM   #4985
marineblue

She's got a new coach already, Maciej Domka, an ex-coach of Rosolska.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:40 PM   #4986
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, another puppet for Piotr to play the strings..just great.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:03 PM   #4987
marineblue

Well, I know nothing about this guy, do you to say he's going to be rubbish? Besides Piotr has got her to no.1 and SF last year. Sanches coached JJ who stayed at no.1 less time and won less tournaments. Says a lot, doesn't it?
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:10 PM   #4988
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

No, it doesn't. The only thing that says is that Jankovic is the less talented player. Yes, Piotr has gotten her to where she is but she can't go any further with him... how can you not see that? It's painfully obvious, she's not just regressing, she's going backwards with him now.

This new guy has never worked with a top player before and as such will not have the courage to step up to Piotr and really change anything. Like I said, another puppet...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:11 PM   #4989
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, I know nothing about this guy, do you to say he's going to be rubbish? Besides Piotr has got her to no.1 and SF last year. Sanches coached JJ who stayed at no.1 less time and won less tournaments. Says a lot, doesn't it?
Sorta depends whether you extrapolate a coach's ability from a player's results or not.

It's not unreasonable to suggest Jankovic may simply not be as good a player as Caroline.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:49 PM   #4990
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Yes, Piotr has gotten her to where she is but she can't go any further with him... how can you not see that? It's painfully obvious, she's not just regressing, she's going backwards with him now.
Agree with you!
If she won't win any GS in her career, it'll be only his fault!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:51 PM   #4991
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

Not smart idea who her new coach then if she have one ?

I always did thought she should have hire Michael Mortensen as her coach
lang26 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM   #4992
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Huh, this seems odd but let us wait and see what kind of results Caroline has in her next four tournaments. I think it is important for her to either win one of them or go very deep at some of them and get some good wins over top players. Otherwise I think she will head into the clay season very low on confidence and we will have to wait until August for her to (maybe) bounce back.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:37 PM   #4993
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Lots going on, now she's a landlord at $210,000 per year

@DarrenRovell
Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, who made a horrible $9M purchase of 2 apts in NYC, is renting one for $17,500/month.

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:47 PM   #4994
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Lots going on, now she's a landlord at $210,000 per year

@DarrenRovell
Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, who made a horrible $9M purchase of 2 apts in NYC, is renting one for $17,500/month.
I thought she rented them only?
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:54 PM   #4995
country flag goldenlox

I dont know. Its a speculative investment if she paid $9 million for 2 apartments. If the economy improves & they become more valuable, stocks would also be going up. But if she wants a deluxe Manhattan apartment, she can afford it.
Usually Rovell is pretty good.

Closed Thread